Options

Christmas day

2»

Comments

• Options
    Me too I plan on heading out for a few miles
  • Options
    Ill be out! In between the local church service and dinner! First time but not a long one 3/4 miles!
  • Options
    Not for me this christmas, although hitting a 8 mile tonight and another 6/7 tomorrow but my folks are down from Scotland so going to enjoy the day getting piddled with the family and start again on the 27th. Running the Watford half in february so need to get back on it asap image Hope you all have a fantastic christmas image
  • Options
    i find the longer i run the more therepuetic i find it especially after 2 1/2 hours ahh magic.
  • Options
    Not Xmas day but hoping to run tmw morning and just do 2-3 miles with my brother. Will wear my Santa hat too! However, just had another cm or so of snow which will freeze tonight so not overly confident about going. May go country ish and hope paths/grass better to run on. Def not running on pavements - lethal!
  • Options

Yes.

I aim to have a Christmas Morning run.

The rest of the day is pretty hectic after about 9am !

• Options
    Just back in from a speedy 6 miler!  Didn't see another runner along the way, rather disappointing really!!!  Let the craziness of Christmas day begin now!!  At least I can enjoy my "cos it's Christmas" binging almost guilt free!!!!  Have a lovely day everyone and thanks for making a newbie feel so welcome!! image
  • Options
    XKXK ✭✭✭
    Just back too, didn't anyone else either. Rather nice.
  • Options
    back from a 6 mile run....mostly a case of dodging the patches of ice. enjoyed it though. hardly any motorists around, let alone other runners!
  • Options
    Just back from 10 mile run. First run since snow began. Joy! Quiet country lanes, Bob Dylan in headphones, I found myself singing at the top of my voice, and got a strange look from an elderly gent walking his dog.Felt almost spiritual.Looking forward now to Harrietsham 10k on Sunday. Happy xmas all
  • Options
    Recently in from first Christmas Day run... been running for about 10 weeks and loving it, so wild horses wouldn't stop me missing a day's training... and the ice is beginning to melt, so all the more reason, as the last week's running has been an effort. AND: very very kind Christmas pressies of running gear and a forerunner 305 - no excuse!

Had a beautiful 5km down on the floodplains near my folks' house, low winter sun, blue skies, icy ground, and pretty sheep and geese. Slightly disappointing time but was first time on grass - and still dodging the ice!!

Merry Christmas All image
  • Options
    I'm back image Lovely run in the sun image
  • Options

newbie to running, but went for a 10k along the sea front, icey and snowy underfoot, christmas dinner in the oven. Did,nt see any other runners started to feel i might be mad running on christmas day.

Abit disapointed with the time but must remember it was a little icey out there. Can eat christmas dinner with no guilt, brill . Hope to enter my first race some time after the new year, my be an half if i can increase the miles.

good luck to everyone and have a good new year

• Options

Hi all image

Just back from my run, I was getting peeved off being stuck in the flat all day.

Didn't see any runners, only 2 couples having a christmas stroll. Now I feel back to 100% *woohoo*

• Options
    diid a long one today about 2 1/2 hrs and about 17 1/2 miles felt great in the country lanes.
  • Options
    Managed a 10k today! First ever xmas run (although only been running for a year.....went out quite late though about 2pm when people were walking off thier brunch/lunches got some strange looks! Didnt see any other runners although did see one and a pair of girls in the morning when I was driving around.
  • Options
    Left it too late to go far as it was dusky & getting icy again but managed a run up & over the hill & back. Only a few cars about & too dark to see if they thought I was crazy or not. Feeling smug that I actually burnt off my xmas dinner (well part of it!!!!).
  • Options

Did 7.5 miles this morning starting at 9am, which is late for me.  As it was light I was able to do my summer route. 

I spotted 8 other runners along the way, so I didn't feel too wierd.

New running shoes as well, which made it all the more pleasant!!  Rest day tomorrow.........mmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    I managed to get out for 15 mins yesterday to try the new trainers. But it is far too icy at the moment. So no long runs for me atm.
  • Options

I went out for a swift 40 mins xmas day, was around 10am though so was deathly quiet..... 28 days later style. Just aswell it was quiet as i had to run in the middle of the road as the its still very snowy/icy around my way.

• Options

Went out for 30mins about 8.30am in my santa hat! got strange look from a dog walker but hey these things have to be done!

Most of ice had gone from the roads so not too bad,great feeling to be out when it's all so quiet.

• Options

Hmm, nobody find it strange that we were all out running yet didnt see any other runners while we were out? Are we all lying and were actually in the house, toastie warm, in bed with a banging headache from xmas eve????

I know one thing which was weird, i didnt see any kids out on there bikes either. Its a not a proper xmas unless somebody gets a bike surly?

• Options

Managed my Christmas morning run and quite enjoyed it.

A 7am run set me up for the day.