Options

Richmond Park Cycle Ride -the Return

After the success of the first trip round Richmond Park which saw the success of all hills mastered by the newbie class without need to get off and push, here comes the return trip.   Weds 24 March seems most popular day so far - but not fixed in stone I don't think and more dates to come later.....feel free to add.  RP is good for all levels - faster ones can just do more laps than slower ones like me. image

Weds 24 March
Soup Dragon

Comments

• Options
    If you did it at a weekend I'd join you, it's just round the corner from my house
  • Options

After the success of the first trip round Richmond Park which saw the success of all hills mastered by the newbie class without need to get off and push, here comes the return trip.   Weds 24 March seems most popular day so far - but not fixed in stone I don't think and more dates to come later.....feel free to add.  RP is good for all levels - faster ones can just do more laps than slower ones like me. image

Weds 24 March
    Soup Dragon

Saffers

Sorry but I cannot remember how to take out that space!  I've been told but I have a memory like a sieve!

• Options

Hang it - lets go mad! image

Weds 24 March
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers

Sunday 4 April
    Soup Dragon

Tues 27 April
    Soup Dragon

• Options

Weds 24 March
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers

Dustboy (can't take space out either)

Sunday 4 April
    Soup Dragon

Tues 27 April
    Soup Dragon

• Options
    Damn, my bluff has been called. That's easter sunday isn't it?
  • Options

Is 4 April Easter?  We'll change the date then - it will be too busy Easter, bad enough on a normal Sunday.   The list fairy needs to give some lessons on spacing I think! image (

Weds 24 March
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers

Sunday 11 April
    Soup Dragon

Tues 27 April
    Soup Dragon

• Options

Here's hoping that arranging to meet people will make me actually do a midweek ride! And that my stupid cough has gone by then. image

Weds 24 March
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers
    Ditchy

Sunday 11 April
    Soup Dragon

Tues 27 April
    Soup Dragon

• Options

Did someone call?

To add a name but without a line space.......press 'shift' and 'enter' together

• Options
    I am doing this on 11th April.  Does anyone wanna join me for the 62 miler?  I think Bassy is doing the 103-miler
  • Options
    Bah Id love to go on the Richmond rides but its a 2hr drive before I even start image
  • Options
    What time will the 11th be?
  • Options
    Dunno LN - what time do you want it to be? image
  • Options
    Was hoping you wouldn't ask that. How about 8:00*?

*Yes,  I'm an annoying early morning person but the park will be quieter then too. I'm meeting a friend at 12:00 so can't be much later.
  • Options

Good point - it will be quieter early.  That time will be a challenge for me but I can do it.  So 8am it is then on Sunday.  Does this mean we finally get to meet up? image

• Options
    Let's see what time the others can do first but we can always try to meet for a coffee in between?

Meeting at last.  Technically I think we met at FLM two years ago but all I remember is you providing a cake image
  • Options

Weds 24 March
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers
    Ditchy

Sunday 11 April
    Soup Dragon

Tues 27 April
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers

Thanks Schmunkee on the space lesson. image  I will try and remember.  I would love to do the Sunday but need to run it by the troops here......bit of an early start but I'm an eager beaver. image

• Options
    Schmunks  just seen that Chilter Dipper link,  it might  just fill a gap I have been looking to fill

Do I presume entries are not open yet?
  • Options
    scrub that,  found the entries,  will check the diary when I get to work !
  • Options

Deffo up for next week, could probably do the 23rd as well unless I trip over a job in the mean time ...

Weds 24 March
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers
    Dustboy
    Ditchy
    Kanga

Sunday 11 April
    Soup Dragon

Tues 27 April
    Soup Dragon
    Saffers

Once you get the hang of RP you can sign up for the Three Lap Challenge which now has it's own dedicated (and free) website

• Options

Thanks for link to the site Kanga, it is something I've done.

If anyone has any comments on this please let me know (good or bad!). I've only just got it sorted in the last few days and am keen to get people using it.

Not sure if it will take off but with the amount of us running and riding around the park I would have thought some would find it useful.

Would love peoples comments but more importantly, get registered and start using it! Tell everyone!!!!!!

Cheers again,

Graeme
  • Options

By the way...

www.lapchallenge.co.uk

for those that missed it!
  • Options
    That looks interesting Graeme.  I'll think about doing that.  Great idea.
  • Options

Not quite sure how the TLC originally started, but I saw the thread on bikeradar years ago and have played the game a couple of times, managing a humble 1:07:07 PB

Heading over to RP again today if anyone's up for a cheeky couple of laps at 1pm today ?

• Options

Awwwwww bummer........Kanga saw this and thought yay, I shall chuck the bike in the back of the car and join you for a toodle around (well a toodle for you anyway) then realised I left the bike at my friends on Sunday for him to sort out the brakes..........just texted to pick it up but no ones in til 4pm. image  Another time though........suppose I could always do the ironing! image

Enjoy, it's a glorious day for it.

• Options

Yet another reason why you always need at least N+1* bikes, so you have a spare for such emergencies. image

At a pinch you could have probably ridden my old bike if I dropped the seat down, but as it's only a double you might have missed not having the granny gear on the upflats. Oh well, better planning next time ! Shame, it looks like a cracking day out there and will be a nice change from being in front of the laptop all morning.

* Where N is the number of bikes your hubby/friends/bank manager thinks you need. I only have 4 image

• Options

LOL..... since being on these forums I have a whole list of things I need......clipless shoes/pedals/...lap counter/kickboard/pull bouy/ and now another bike.......... I must tell hubby!

It is a glorious day for it.image

• Options
    This whole Pirate thing is just a front, we all have shares in Wiggle, innit image

It was indeed a glorious day for it, just a couple of quick laps with a mate and back to pick up the kids. Even overtook a couple of guys going up hills, which is always a bonus, and not just grannys on pub bikes either.

Work is *so* over rated ... but handy for paying for all the bling & trinkets ....
  • Options

Oooh I am looking forward to the day that I am the one overtaking on a hill in granny gear or not! image  Wiggle is becoming a firm favourite of mine.......roll on starting that new job so that I can actually purchase those things sitting in my basket! image

Hope the weather stays as good tomorrow as I may attempt a ride myself and go make friends with those hills around these here parts. image

• Options
    Artic Hen and I are working on a cunning plan for a ride this Thursday, somewhere Surrey way probably. Need to sort ouf the details and will ping you PM if you're up for it ?
  • Options
    That sounds great and if you don't mind a tag along then let me know where and when and I will see if I can make it. image