Sunday 12 September 2010

but I'm not drowning.

This weekend's training:

Sat - 22km long run with bf. Then jumped in the car and headed over the hill to the Wairarapa for the weekend. Nice walk to the beach and back (couple of km) in the afternoon, and then a 30min or so swim (pool - not sea!) Recovered from all that with a lovely dinner, but probably slightly too much wine. Then watched the All Blacks squeak a win against Aus.

Today - another walk this morning(walking off a big breakfast!) then headed back to Wellington at lunchtime. Just been out for 45 min easy jog but still feeling a bit slow from last night I think! Oh well. Worth it image

Comments

• Hope LMUH is having fun despite the lack of internet. The place we stayed for the weekend had no cellphone coverage and no internet. Bliss.

Nice long run there 41. You too MO - but enough falling over! And one from Paddy too. We're all at it - must be marathon season...

• Hi everyone

lovely sunny morining here image

What - 40 min very easy run + 20 min stretching later

Why - recovering from yesterdays long run

have a great day ...

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all.

sunny here too.  A real change from yesterday's heavy showers.  This bike ride is taking place locally today - it's  hilly so they're dead lucky it's not wet.  This is the first year in ages I haven't taken part, but I decided I wouldn't this year.  It's also the one on which Scotty broke his arm last year. 

On my run this morning I got stopped three times by people asking me directions to the start of the bike ride  image

What: 14.5 miles down to Tonbridge and back
    Why: need to get better at running on tired legs
    Last hard: that was
    Last rest: 6 April

Have fun peeps.

• M. - sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Mava - you really are doing plenty of miles!

What: 32km with Y.

Why - marathon training.

Pretty pleased as wasn't sure how I would handle it. Went to the supermarket later on and dropped a 2 litres bottle of coca cola on my toe!! It really hurt.

• Morning

NZC - I let out a mighty Ooooooooooooooooo when i read that i imagine you did too hope no damage is done to toe take care. Great run

M - Slightly envious watching the All blacks Great even better when your team wins

Mava - Good run saw 5 cyclists on my run today thats mega considering how short it was, got a cheerful Morning from 2 of them

What: 2 miles easy
    Why: Getting back there wasn't bad
    Last Hard: Tuesdays Fartlek session
    Lyrics: No
  • mavamava ✭✭✭

hello again.

I've just realised that the link I put in my post to a bike ride didn't show up as a link!  This bike ride - http://www.kentcyclosportive.co.uk/ - is the one I was talking about.

EEEEEK NZC - ouch ouch ouch

Pammie - good to see you back running after the dental work.  Be gentle with yourself because that kind of work is trauma to the body so it reacts.

• Afternoon

What 15.76
    Why recovery LSR
    Lyrics no

Took a gentle spin around the ring road very aware of my PITB. Once I had settled into the run I seemed to forget about  the problem and plod along at comfortable pace. Managed to bump into the guy who I'm hoping to team up with at Abo and ran with him for a few yards before going our seperate ways.
    Have spent the afternoon buying a new backpack and lots of gels and will order some shoes next.

Hope yo're all enjoying yourselves

Postie

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: London Duathlon d&d
    Why: why not
    Last hard: One mile on a turbo trainer after the race
    Last rest: 9 or 10 days
    Lyrics: no

I may do something later, I may not
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

What - Max 101 mins on the X trainer
    Why - Achilles tight and swapped the LSR for the X trainer..... (Dont faint)
    Last Hard - Staying on the X Trainer for 101 mins....
    Last Rest - Today from running

Take care

• Evening

M. sounds like a nice weekends training

Mava nice run

Postie nice long run

RFJ well done sounds like a mind over matter achievement

Worked this morning got home around 15:30 went swimming with kids came home and took Fizz (dog) for a run.

What 4.6 miles easy

Why because its nice out and the dog was asking to go

Last Hard Saturday

Last Rest Friday

• 7 miles earlier and a visit to the gym.

Pain in the ar5e is out and about again. Going to have an exceptionally easy week ahead of next weeks half and indeed to loose the pain in the ar5e.

• oh dear there seems to be several pains in arses and various other places, freak injury of the week going to NZC surviving long run unscathed and then dropping a bottle on your foot!

no running for a week for me with something which stopped me half way round the 15 miler a week last thurs. been cross training and cycling with no ill effects.
    did 10k race today which went very well. no discomfort till about 5 miles when i could feel it and quite sore now but have physio tomorrow. bumped into her at the gym last sunday, she thinks it's very bottom/inside of where achilles attaches (not the bad foot leg) so not sure how it will play out. got bottle of wine and huge tub of celebrations for 1st F50 which was nice.

mad busy at present so haven't kept up on what going on, sorry, but relieved to see M and NZC still in one piece after recent ongoings over there!

• Evening!

Judging by the prizes, Clink, you ran at G...w...th in the 10.4 k approx race, and rather well too.  Couldn't make it this year, but a nice little race. Funny story about last year's prize giving where Sir Nicholas befriended one of my runners! 

Ouch NZC!  And probably an even bigger ouch to RFJ

What: 20 mins reasonably quickly
    Why: the quicker I run the less the calf hurts: getting up onto my toes rather than banging the heels on the ground at a slower pace.

Lyrics: not having a very good time with these!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.