Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    Melds, Glandular Fever is a common way into ME as is the Epstein Barr virus.  (They may be the same) It needs to be respected.
  • Options
    Larry !!!  I dont think I have ever seen you with a true Essex hair colour    image
  • Options
    Noggs I think it was a good 5 years before I was 'back to health'

or perhaps it was the exercise I discovered that actually helped?  who's to know
  • Options

Yes, its good to be a Nanimage I have more pictures but Mr L took them and his shaky hand meant that they are all too blurred, but Holly has more and when she sends me those I will put a couple more on here.

Noggs - You have done so well to have got your health and fitness back, being able to do such a physical job and cycle again. image

Meldy - Dan had glandular fever when he was doing his GCSEs. He is now 24 years old and still gets wiped out after a gig or something physical. It takes a long time to get over these things.  Glad you are getting the better of the undertwunt gradually..

Sluggie - glad to hear you have got a date for the op. At least now you can make some plans 

(((((((poorly kids and parents)))))))))

• Options
    Meldy - LOL - I had to stop dyeing it red because the swimming pool water just stripped the colour out. I must admit to actually preffering blond - it doesn't show the grey so muchimage
  • Options
    Yes I had to stop dying mine when I started swimming !

Have binned Snowdon marathon due to a few Undertwuntish factors which is a bit sad but the right decision and it means I will be well rested for Rutty   image

Beachy this weekend tho, pray to the weather gods for me!!
  • Options

/members/images/4296/Gallery/Young_Stanley_017.jpg

Stanley with Daddy James. image

• Options
    Been out for a little run. Ray insisted on doing dinner so I could go for a run. He doesn't like me running in the dark..... But two years ago it was fine for me to get train home from work at 10pm......bless him.

Melds... We have another new lot of starters in November too. Mind switchboard are offski in April. I think we'll be ok....they need someone to answer the increased 9's calls for all the looting and rioting that will take place.

I've not watched the news today. Can do nowt to change it.

Slugsta best to get it done and dusted.

• Options
    Keeley that is exactly right, someone has to keep the show on the road and as one of the head honchos put it we are 'front line staff'

and dont we know it on a Friday/Saturday night ........ although it was dead last night
  • Options

evening all

nogs and meldy - |I think you are both fab to come through something like that and then to go on and be super impressively fit!

larry - aaaaaawwwww what a little cutie ...bless....

jay - well done on the blood doning

and brain has shut down again and I've forgotten the rest....

well I have returned home to find that at least vomiting has stopped

Hubby has been in a bad way though apparentlyimage and spent a lot of the day in bed with the 2 yr old, who unfortunately was clearly feeling much better by the time I got in and was ready for some serious trouble making catch up!

all other kids are still looking grim, but am cautiously optomistic for a night of sleep at least!(pleeeeaaaase)image

I am trying to ignore the fact that my tummy isn't feeling great - I really can NOT succumb to a bug just now...anyway needless to say no plodding today.....

also have been too busy in pit of germs to consider details of spending review...and probably best that way...especially as I am temporary contract at the moment LOL

hey ho.....off to lie on sofaimage

• Options
    Gosh SW,  when bugs sweep through the house no one is safe are they!  At least it is pretty much all at once for you!
  • Options
    first night shift for me tomorrow...nearly 2 years since my last one.

when I take a call that results in an arrest, that is my arrest LOL I tell ray when i get in 'I arrested 3 people tonight' He looks at me tilts his head and says ' now sweetheart, you didn't actually arrest anyone' I tell him ' if i didn't put the info in, the officers would never have got there' image

• Options
    eggszactly!

You will need your thermals on,  had to defrost the car this morning to come home .....  winter seems to be here all of a sudden

Best I get Murphs rugs washed ready for him   image
  • Options

Melds, my recovery has taken a long time.  The first 4 or 5 years were dreadful.  I was running help groups for fellow sufferers and we swapped information.  I ended up putting myself on a strict diet.  Just water to drink, no red meat, no dairy, no alcohol, no caffeine nothing processed.  Gradually I started to feel better.

The final piece in the jigsaw was about 3 years or so ago when I had all my amalgam fillings replaced.  Life has improved no end since then.  I wasn't exactly at deaths door before that but energy levels were completely unpredictable.

In the early days my biggest problem was in my head.  In cycling I had found something I was good at then I couldn't do it.  I remember one day taking a lot of my bikes, wheels, bits and pieces and throwing them in the local landfill skips.

Still, as they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.  And I'm here to tell the tale.

This has turned into a bit of a confessional session for me.  It's a good job noone reads it..

• Options
    Good on you Keeley, those bodies are as much yours as anyones.
  • Options
    Isnt it just   image

• Options
    need thermals with the shocking air con......thermals one side of the room and bikini's the other LOL

must have been right time for you to share Nogs.

• Options
    lol yes, ours is the same and they have just replaced it with an equally shocking system and we are not allowed the controls !!!
  • Options
    The one thing I miss about my old car is the heated front windscreen, for a Ford that was a very good gimmick
    The current car has a quick clear windscreen but its not as effective in frost
    Back to the scraper then  image
  • Options
    it must be a CRED thing LOL....we have 'under no circumstances must anyone touch the controls with out the express authority of the Queen!!' notices on our control panels hehehehehehe!!

• Options
    Tee hee  !

I didnt take my coat off last night at all!
  • Options
    : digs out fleece and gloves :

• Options

Evening

Lovely photo of you and the baby Larry (and you know that carries weight coming from me of all people!!!!!!!)

Yeuk for your ear Pippi but at least the doc's listening to you and doing something

Well done for donating Jay - I am going Friday but they'll probably kick me back again - 117 last time and 112 plus compulsory blood tests from doc the time before image - they require 125 for laydeeez apparently!!

Sluggy - it must be quite scary having such a near date but at least things are happening now and so much better than this dragging on and on (like it already has done)  - can't offer to help out at all I'm afraid but I'll be vibing like mad!

SW - I am gobsmacked at how upbeat you always are - 6 kids would be my idea of hell anyway but you're even cheerful when they're having a communal barf - amazing!

Noggy - wot others said

Spending Review - haven't been following it as I hate politics but basically wot Melds said re Govt Depts needing to check themselves out - having said that they are abolishing my quango and it will make my working life a lot more difficult as a result image

And talking of working life - went in today to do some training and was just immediately drained of any positivity or enthusiasm I'd built up re life in the last few days.........not looking good - oh and no email access via computer or webmail so I guess I'll just take my owed holiday and watch the you know what hit the fan in November!!

• Options

hello all i have returned from my holibob early

we went to woolacombe holiday park in devon and had to leave because is was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo manky and rank and discusting i dont even know where to start !, when we checked out the girl said that we wernt the only ones !!

so just gonna try to have a fun filled day out tommorow instead

hope everybody is WAISting well

i tried to put a profile pic up but it has to be less that 12 mb and all of mine are a million or so !

xxxx

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

((SW)) hope you don't succumb to the lurgy.

~~~Keeley~~~ hope the shift goes well and you arrest lots of baddies.

~~~Yummy~~~ hope you still have a job.

Well, there was I all worried cos the bastids in government have nicked my pension. Seems I needn't have worried cos now they've nicked my retirement too image.

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Goodness, Jacqueline! It's good to see you back but what a shame your holiday was such a disaster.
  • Options
    Sluggy from what little I have seen of the retirement bit I though you were  <<ahem>> outisde of the ctachment age?
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Have already caught the change of retirement to 65, Meldy, now it looks as if it will be at least 66 and who knows what will happen in the intervening years! By the age of 66 I will have worked for the NHS for 49 years image.
  • Options
    I do suspect what little pay rise we will be getting this year will be swallowed up by extra payments into my pension ....!
  • Options
    My pension forecast we get each year now says 66 ... but we all say can you imagine doing our job at 66? Do you really want a crotchety old lady teaching your enthusiastic upbeat 5 year olds (when a crotchety middle aged one does it even better?)