Options

BB's kitchen

Comments

• Options

lol TP! Smiffy posted my cards for me earlier and he found a pen in the stack of cards just before he put them in the postbox

Woohoo for LMS's extra inches! I lost about 2inches from my back going skew-wiff image just as well that never happened to Mr W or his height might be negative image

• Options

TP, you got off lightly only having to embroider your initials...we had to write our full name out. Still the gingham bag/apron thing though. The second project was a very un-PC gonk, with brass curtain rings for earrings, and black wool wound round a pencil to make the hair.

My sewing teacher was friends with my grandma and thought I should know how to do everything.

• Options

I was put off sewing for years by that horrible woman.  Luckily I could knit quite well so I didn't mind the alternate weeks when we did that.  In secondary school we made a lovely A line skirt in quilted jersey  image in 1st year and a stunning denim pinafore imageimage in 2nd year.  Both went straight in the bin on the way home.

I took up Latin in 2nd year to halve the number of sewing lessons.  <shudder>

• Options
    I'll remember not to ask any of you to sew anything for Little W.

I'm at the hospital waiting for my exercise test. Why do hospitals make me nervous. It's like waiting for the start.of a marathon but with less smell of deep heat.
  • Options

Hope they don't make you run marathon distance. image

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Are you wearing a black bin liner?image Hope it goes ok
  • Options
    I'm worried he'll get an attack of the runners trots and not be able to get off the treadie in time image 
  • Options
    They're running 45 minutes late...
  • Options

That's to stress you.

I'm waiting on a shiny car and a lovely man. One I'll get to play with and one I won't....

• Options
    Just stick the other one in the garage then ... make sure you leave him food and water though image
  • Options

Good going on the height gain! I'm a measly 5 ft and I'd love a few extra inches in the height department, specifically in the leg area - I have duck's disease - my arse is too close to the floor!

We'll MrW, you'll just have to run faster in order to catch up! Hope they stress you sufficiently to work out what's wrong.

Our sewing lessons were rotated with wood work, metal work, cookery & TD. I loved TD, but was pretty naff at most of the others. Although I still have the clown we made in sewing. I've got a lot better at both cooking & sewing since I decided I wanted to do it, rather than having to.

I'm cream crackered - moved up a group at running & it was a bit harder than previously. Which I know is a good thing, but I'm just about to flop now. Had my curry and will head off for a shower & bed.

• Options
    Tinselled Pink wrote (see)

Me too.   I wasn't much cop at that either, but at least the results were less obviously dire than the gingham apron.  Salvete kitchenfolk.  Except that our so called modern latin teacher pronounced Vs as Ws.  Can you imagine Ceasar landing on the beaches of Britain and pronouncing "weni, widi, wiki"?  A wroman you know.   Stwike him centuwion, stwike him vewy wuffly....
  • Options

Sadly, the teacher was more of the Incontinentia type rather than the Bigus Dickus.

I am more confident that I could hold a conversation with the Pope about what you could see in the Forum than embroider a hankie for him.   And they say education is never wasted .....

• Options

Holly Liz, it's time you made friends with Runner Bean aka Mrs Bump. I was at the school Christmas play this evening and we had a good natter (in the interludes). She's another petite lady (did you spot the careful edit?). Apparently she got bitten by a dog at the weekend. The dog had to have a tetanus jab.

Welcome to JJ/JB and Crazy Diamond, there's good hugs to be had, and if you're lucky you get the opportunity to procreate.

Welcome home Miss Saffers, I'm sure that Mum will be doting as never before.

I wonder if M.isterW has finished his dreadmill torture session yet, and whether they have decided that he's A) as fit as a fiddle, B) ought to try doing some exercise, or C) just under-tall?

On the good news front, the cold is behaving itself. We're at the image stage, so singing the (double) bass line on Sunday should be no problem. On that flat note I'd better get practising.

• Options
    I've had my chips but I'm resisting the beer tonight. And I've been to Accrington today.image
  • Options
    Hash Cratchit wrote (see)
    Tinselled Pink wrote (see)

Me too.   I wasn't much cop at that either, but at least the results were less obviously dire than the gingham apron.  Salvete kitchenfolk.  Except that our so called modern latin teacher pronounced Vs as Ws.  Can you imagine Ceasar landing on the beaches of Britain and pronouncing "weni, widi, wiki"?  A wroman you know.   Stwike him centuwion, stwike him vewy wuffly....
    I didn't get to do cookery and needlework at all.  It was that or latin image   I did go to some classes when pregnant with The Teen and made a maternity tent and some little dungarees for the bump.
  • Options

Accrington sounds devastatingly exciting JB image

I did latin and home economics together. I made a roman meal which  involved fried bread dipped in condensed milk and honey image

I did a lot of sewing and could make most things at one point in time

• Options

I got a bacon sandwich from Maggie's burger van.

That Maggies menu in full:

1. Several spam-based meals
    2. Large number of chip-based meals
    3. Large number of pie-based meals
  • Options

You can tell you're back up north then JB?

Don't think I've ever been to Accrington...if I have I don't remember it. I went to Altrincham once if that counts for anything...

We didn't get the chance to do Latin in school, college offered it at A level, but only if you had O level first. I'd quite like to do it now, but don't have the time. Apart from the gonk, all I can remember from sewing lessons is plaiting lengths of embroidery thread to go through a frame so we could pull one thread without tangling the rest up, and the teacher being gobsmacked that Helen Carter's grand daughter didn't know how to sew a press stud on...I don't think she could have beeb less shocked if I'd announced I wanted to be a stripper when I grew up.

• Options

Hash & Madge - I have no isues with the 40+5ers since I'm not so far off that myself!  Its the ones who lie about their 40ness by subtracting those 5 whilst dressing like Baby Jane on speed that irritate me.

I'm now in the mood for spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, egg, spam & spam.  At least its not a kebab I crave.

• Options

I gave up Latin for Domestic Science hence my kitchen goddess status, this was in what they now call year 10 but we called 4th form image

Amo Amas Amat ......... 

I am currently nicely blonde image

Show us your tits Kwither image

Pass a chip JJ 

As you say Blisters hope Mr W has survived

In other news C and An are mainly ready and off to Sweden tomorrow 

• Options

Xpost

* preps Spam sandwich for CD* Do you want extra spam with that? 

• Options
    I am 46 but don't suit pink image
  • Options

Spam and egg was one of the options!

In South Korea they do posh Spam gift sets. This is a little known fact.

• Options

I am 48 and I quite like pink but not head to toe in pink ... just little pink bits .... of clothing that is image

Thank gawd nobody spotted that little gem before SS was done!

• Options

lol, TP

JJ, my beloved, J,  was in China last year and went to an  English restaurant where he ordered the special, macaroni cheese with curry sauce and a beef burger image

• Options

Bread with spam?  Surely spam should come with spam, spam, spam & spam, with optional egg for the dipping of spam!

TP - I too wear pink on occasion but as you say, head to toe (and yes, Baby Jane Shrek does), intermittently twinned with green is a little disturbing.  Then there's the 'cutiekins' voice.

Aaaaaanyhoo.  Anyone for spam fritter?

• Options
    I can't do cutekins voice but apparently I do a good line in shrill harpie on occasions image
  • Options

Our chippy does spam fritters ................. and fried mars bars image

I am 48 too and have pink sparkly gloves and a lovely pink hoodie from Abingdon image