• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    bank holiday may day Monday
  • Options

Noted in diary

I'm doing Midgely Moor Fell Race on tomorrow - nice easy one

• Options

Hi Stephen,

Bit late with this reply,been a bit busy last few days.

The early congestion mainly occured in the first few mile along the river section/wooded area,big slow downs/stoppages at various stiles and obstacles.Nice section though,but maybe a loop of the village could spread runners out,although I don`t know the area enough to make detailed suggestions.

Or have do you have ideas for an alternative wider start??

Dont know whats next fellwise.Three peaks at the end of April,as for inbetween,maybe Herod Farm,Hartcliffe hill mid week races or the Coledale Horseshoe and a trip up to the Lakes sounds good,and would be a good trainer.But a trip to the dales and a recce of the start up Pen Y Ghent could be an idea.

But firstly I`ve got a couple of road races,Thirsk 10 miler(pancake flat) and Wakey 10k,my local race

Looks like the weather will be OK for you at the weekend and the posssibility of a view at the top???

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    having a couple days rest for my leg to rest but still walking and swimming
  • Options
    Aye,I`ve been a bit achy this week,mainly back ache again,but the flat race on sunday will losen things up!!  
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    going to try a short run tommorrow see how I go been in the pool and it seems to have helped

on holiday on Monday so getting train to Manchester and going to bus book shop as I am a big bus fan of firstbus and stagecoach

if I go to blackpool again will use the train

are you on facebook yet tiptoe
  • Options

Compo

No still not on yet

Well I`m now joining you on the crocked list,back problem really playing up,didn`t race Sunday,could only just get out of bed,two races this week,Wed and Sun,looking doubtful unless it miraculously sorts itself out imageimageimage

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I have started again on short runs seems ok so far
  • Options

Its back......HEPTONSTALL FELL RACE

Put HEPTONSTALL in your 2012 diary; a great introduction to fell running across the moors and valleys of Bronte Country.

18th March 2012 - 15miles 3200feet climb - see you there???

www.heptonstonstalfellrace.org.uk

Organisers are planning recces - would you like a guided run of the route????

• Options

Should be there too hopefully,as its a good trainer for the Three Peaks(if I get in),Hebden 22 first long race/run,21st Jan.

• Options

Just entered the 3 Peaks - see you there!

Fancy doing the Trog too?

• Options

I`m in too - Yey! Now lets see if I can do a little better than `barely finish`

I`d looked at the Full trog,but I`m in at Liversedge half that weekend,although I did the half trog last year,which was a good scenic run,but bog trotting for so long isn`t my idea of a good fell run.

• Options

Date for your diaries; Sunday MARCH 17th 2013 - the date of 2013 Heptonstall Fell Race. See you there???

• Options

Considering it as my first forray into the world of Fell Racing, or is that just completely stupid...?

• Options

Iain - good to hear from you. Apologies for the delayed response!

If you are regular and confident half marathon /marathon runner this race would be highly recommended as a first fell race; Heptonstall Fell Race is well flagged (apart from one section)  A map and compass is compulsory (as are hat, gloves, and full wind/shower proof body cover) but you'll only be resorting to the map if you lose touch with the more experienced runners who make up the majority of the field; the regular fell runners will be running at a variety of paces so unless you are planning to be in the top 10% you should find you always have company. The compulsory gear will normally be carried in a bum bag unless the weather turns nasty. I suggest including a small water bottle and a few gels.

Heptonstall Fell Race is a great excuse for a weekend away; Hebden Bridge and Heptonstall are well worth a visit, and the local landscape is spectacular;  full of vast moors and hidden valleys. Most of all you'll find the local fell runners are a welcoming bunch so you'll be making new friends and downing many pints...

Hope you can join us on March 17th!

Steve (Race Organiser)

• Options

If you're interested in this race its well worth keeping up to date whilst enjoying images of fantastic winter scenery; "like" Heptonstall Fell Race facebook site;

http://www.facebook.com/Heptonstallfellrace#!/Heptonstallfellrace

The official race website is still at http://www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk/

Keep looking out for our recces....