Options

Your worst Christmas presents

2»

Comments

• Options
    A diary for the current year, bearing in mind I opened it on 25 Dec.  Also, someone had written in it a fair bit in the first 2 months.
  • Options
    Red Squirrel. wrote (see)
    A diary for the current year, bearing in mind I opened it on 25 Dec.  Also, someone had written in it a fair bit in the first 2 months.

LOL.

That's so bad it made me laugh!!!

• Options

Yeah I wonder if that beats the string stuck to a card item on page 1.

The sender (family friend) must've been having a bad year, she normally gets me toiletries, not anything so obviously secondhand and used.

• Options
    I once received from an aunty a litle tin box with a picture of an owl on the front and inside were multicoloured paperclips - just what every 16 year old wants?
  • Options
    Red Squirrel. wrote (see)

Friend of mine got a diary for xmas one year, just sent to her anonymously in the internal mail at work. At least she thought it was sent anonymously until she started flicking through the pages and discovered that the sender had made notes on his birthday, Valentines day and random other days when she should "make a fuss" of him.

Very creepy.

• Options
    I had a boss who hinted for the last three months before Christmas he'd really pushed the boat out re Christmas gifts to make up for me working unpaid hours and under-claiming on the expense account as the company was going through a rough time.

Christmas came and he presented me with a case of wine... okay... not as good as I thought, but I'll have fun putting it away...

Got it home - it was a case of his home brewed 'North Yorkshire Pinot Noir' 4% ABV Completely undrinkable, so bad I couldn't even cook with it.

He was looking for another worker not long after.
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

After a discussion over lunch today I was amazed by a colleagues presents.

Last year, her boyfriend gave her a huge box, wrapped in a bow and he looked very chuffed with himself. She unwraps the present and there's a smaller box, wrapped like the first (wrapping paper, bow etc). This goes on 4 or 5 times until she gets to the last, small (jewellery) shaped box and she's getting excited thinking "this is it..." and when she opens it up its the wrapper of a chocolate bar. Empty. Nothing. His reasoning? She enjoys opening presents so much that he gave her that as a present.

Suffice to say on Boxing Day he went out and got her "something more suitable".

• Options

BOING!

Up until now I've never had a really horrible present. But now someone has given me a...

SLANKET image

WHY?!? imageimageimage

• Options
    oh I love my slanket lol!
  • Options

Really? image

Do you want another one? image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Santa's Little Nemo wrote (see)

BOING!

Up until now I've never had a really horrible present. But now someone has given me a...

SLANKET image

WHY?!? imageimageimage

Oh no! I love my slanket! I'm currently sitting here with my leg on ice and my arms in my slanket. I'm lovely and warm and wouldnt want it any other way! image

My slanket is a "doubles" one.... so my bf and I can both be under it at the same time and not fight over it.

• Options

A double slanket? The world's gone mad....

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

My sister gave me a garden gnome this year. Behind he's mooning, in front he's, erm, holding himself.

He is so dreadful and vulgar that he is truly cool and he will soon occupy a prominent place in the garden. Probably the front one, to offend passers-by.

My sister knows me well.

• Options

I like my slanket too.

Worst gift was off an ex boyfriend. We broke up but he said he'd seen the perfect girft for me so was still going to get it. It turned out to be a hidious giant stuffed pink pig! Why?!

• Options
    Len 2 wrote (see)
    oh I love my slanket lol!
    I image mine too
  • Options
    There really is no such thing as a bad Christmas present. Whatever you get, it means that someone has taken the time to go out and buy it for you.image
  • Options
    RICKSTER wrote (see)
    There really is no such thing as a bad Christmas present. Whatever you get, it means that someone has taken the time to go out and buy it for you.image

You're right of course and I would never tell anyone that I didn't like what they had got me. Which is why this thread is so good as it allows me to vent without hurting anyone's feelings.

Still hate my Slanket though image

• Options

OK - it's cold and I'm ill. I've given into the Slanket...

Kill me now! image

• Options
    A shredder...wrapped up by my OH with a label saying happy Christmas mummy..from my baby girl!!

" we needed a shredder"
    "Fine, just don't f****n wrap one up as a Christmas present from my 8 month daughter! "

Needless to say Christmas presents have been better since image
  • Options
    My mother-in-law once bought me a nightshirt that stunk of paraffin.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry image