Options

First bike - Bianchi vs Trek? and best bike storage? Advice appreciated

2»

Comments

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

The boardman road sport is very highly thought of as a first road bike. I know you can only buy it from Halfords but don't be decieved by this. It's a properly sorted bike.

Whoever said Trek was only ridden by accountants was wrong. Lance Armstrong rode Trek lol. 

Personally I like Specialized bikes. You could go to bikeradar.com and check out some reviews on there?

• Options

Well, that's not quite what I said and I did comment they are good bikes but anyway Bianchi IS cooler.

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

Dustboy - i know - i was just trying to be sensational image Hope you don't hate me too much image You have to admit, the way I wrote it was more dramatic!

• Options

Oooh, those gloves are gorgeous.

My bike (Giant) lives outside.  Partly because we have next to no crime here, and partly because of a shed collapse in the last heavy snow.

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

Dustboy - apologies for the last post. My colleague thought it would be funny to write that because I left my screen lock off.. you should see my facebook page image

• Options
    PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Get the one that fits you best and feels most comfortable to ride.

• Options

Thanks for all the views which are really really helpful.  I'm becoming more knowledgable by the day....  Not sure about the gloves though.

I just found out that my new employer (start in September) offers a cycle to work scheme so am thinking I should really wait til I can make use of that for the financial benefit.  Shame though as was about to purchase and enjoy for the summer.  Gives me time to check out all the suggestions though.

• Options
    Wonder Woman wrote (see)

Thanks for all the views which are really really helpful.  I'm becoming more knowledgable by the day....  Not sure about the gloves though.

I just found out that my new employer (start in September) offers a cycle to work scheme so am thinking I should really wait til I can make use of that for the financial benefit.  Shame though as was about to purchase and enjoy for the summer.  Gives me time to check out all the suggestions though.

She shoots she scores! Yeah!
    Nothing better than a bit of defered satisfaction
    Also as you can spend the vouchers on a bike and any bike extras you feel you need you know what that means?
    Yes you can get the sexy mittens, in winter wonderland white

Oh yeah!

• Options

Yeah, but prob won't want to ride my beautiful new bike in winter so am bit annoyed I won't have one for summer.....image

• Options
    If you haven't it's perhaps worth looking at the range from Canyon, particularly their Roadlite bike which is well priced for the spec (http://www.canyon.com/_uk/roadbikes/bike.html?b=2502)
  • Options

Thanks IronDonkey looks interesting too - will see if I can find a stockist.

• Options
    Canyon is a online only affair based out of Germany although they do have a UK based service centre.

I've bought two bikes from them over the past few years and was super pleased with the service I've had from them which included a no quibble like for like replacement when the first bike I got from them turned out to be a size too small.

My next bike is sure to be another Canyon

(Nope, I've nothing to do with the company. I'm just a fan of what they offer.)