Options

North Downs Run 30K - Love it!

2»

Comments

• Options

Great - thanks Matt!

• Options

I ran the first and last part of the course as a 14 miler on Sunday and the last section through Shorne country park was very muddy with large puddles in sections, it was due to the horses that are ridden through thereimage. I wore normal road trainers and they were fine but the forecast is for rain at the weekend so it's anybody's guess. I've only got road shoes and I aint buying a pair of trails now so im gonna have to suck it and see. Im really looking forward to it this year as I've really put in the effort during training and Im hoping to get as close to 3 hours as I can. 

Good luck all!!!!

• Options

I know it is late, but is it possilbe to sign up on the day? I have just been asked if I would like to do the race and it seems like it could be a good one.

• Options
    Hi marknic

Yes you can enter on the day, that's no problem, just head to race HQ
  • Options

Road shoes or trail shoes? Forecast for Sunday before and during the race is rain....any advice from anyone who is local to the route. I made a huge mistake running the Bewl marathon last month in road shoes, it was a mud-fest!

• Options

Now that I can register on the day, Im bringing bothimage

• Options
    Lady lark, I'd bring both if you can, I'll be running a section on the day, ill post in here what conditions are like
  • Options
    SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭

With the forecast for heavy rain overnight and showers in the morning I think I'll wear my wellingtons.

• Options
    Thank you Fat Matt. I will bring both, but expect to be using my trail ones! Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    SilkTorkSilkTork ✭✭✭

Right - just setting off. Got my flares and tent in case it gets bad.

• Options

My word that was very hard work! Had set my self a target of 3.45 but ended up with 4.02.52 chip time. Hills and mud don't make for a PB, although never having run this distance it was a PB anyway.

Thanks to everyone at Istead and Ifield and the army of helpers. I'll definitely be back for another go, once I've got my training sorted out so that I can manage the hills!

• Options

That was fun! Very muddy underfoot (not surprising after the overnight rain), but the temperature was just about right, the showers only started in the last bit of the race and I was safely under the cake tent by the time of the first heavy shower.

Full marks to the club and everyone involved in organisation.

• Options

Well done to Istead & Ifield and thanks forputting on a great race along a beautiful course, really glad I did this race although harder then I expected I came inside 3hrs so happy with that. I hope everyone is resting comfy now and thanks again to the great marshalls out on the course, everyone was smiling and chatty throughout, not to sure about next year thoughimage.

• Options

That was HARD!

Okay, I have realised that training for this beforehand might have been a good idea, and that going out drinking all day and evening the night before wasn't the best idea...and that having a couple of hours sleep and waking hungover wasn't great, BUT, jesus that was hard.

I wanted to come in at 3hours but due to the mud slides and my legs breaking in the last 5k, I came in around 3.40hours or so...which I think is okay considering.

There was also SO many fast and professional runners...even without training I am generally quite fit, but the people racing were hardcore! WOW is all I can say.

Anyone know where I can get my chip time please?

• Options
    Well done everyone, hope you had fun!