Options

Parkrun

2»

Comments

• Options
    Chimpster wrote (see)
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
    Twisted Sole wrote (see)

Cheerful Dave, that seems a bit harsh. Obviously the run directors were feeling particularly cruel when staging that event.

I know.  I took my 10 year old boy to do it: he ran up the hill, ran down and promptly threw up in the finish funnel.  I was so proud.

image image

But it's not cruel. In fact I would go as far as saying it's one of the easiest (slow but not hard). When you're nice and fresh you're running up hill then in the second half when you're tiring you get the gravity payback. What would be cruel would be starting at the top of the hill running to the bottom then back to the top. Hmm now that's an idea image

Welcome to Sheringham!

• Options
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)
    Twisted Sole wrote (see)

Cheerful Dave, that seems a bit harsh. Obviously the run directors were feeling particularly cruel when staging that event.

I know.  I took my 10 year old boy to do it: he ran up the hill, ran down and promptly threw up in the finish funnel.  I was so proud.

My boy seems to enjoy this extra-curricular activity too. I believe he's been sick at 4 of the 7 events he's attended.

• Options
    NykieNykie ✭✭✭

My parkrun is Temple Newsam in Yorkshire. It's a third downhill, a tiny bit flat and almost two thirds uphill. Big uphill. I'm over 2 minutes faster at York, which is inside the racecourse oval and is totally flat.

• Options
    PiersPiers ✭✭✭

Our club did Sheringham last February as part of our Training Week; that's one tough 5k. I was 2 minutes slower that my usual parkrun.

• Options

Albert parkrun has a course record of 12:59, so is it all downhill?

• Options

Conkers deceptively steep little hill halfway around a good hard run.