Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

I challenge your transformers shite with Hope Floats bollocks.  Monday night TV sucks, but I have managed to get my ironing done.

Monday night TV is all about Game of Thrones. Although your right about those god awful Transformers movies.

Weedy - She's planning to run London next year. She got a GFA time at Lochaber last month.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Good oh, we can go and wave the forum stool at her...

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

KOC, here we are again ...... 

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Carl, my race pack arrived yesterday also - we'll chat soon to arrange to meet up for that. Hopefully it will be mild and dry that day. Nic E from the thread is also running but i've not heard from her. Nic if you're out there get in touch! image

• Options

Two toe nails off this morning.........first toe nails I have ever lost....WTF.....??

KOC here today too TJB, but no running as its still horrendous out there, and I don't run on Tuesdays anyway!! (since its my day off from work???) One hour of strength training instead..........and now I am absolutely knackered. I think I may suffer later......

Oh Eggy........GFA...............are you going to play catch for you interval training???image

• Options

Eggy - we can give her some nipple action in the Deptford marathon then image

Blood donating - I think I'd be banned for recency of tattoos, but last time I tried to donate they refused and told me not to come back anyway (and no I hadn't got it confused with sperm donation...)

• Options

Good morning. MM - do you have any update on how your mother is doing these days after her recent illness?

Eggy - of course I am delighted about your new girlfriend and the fact she is a fast runner. Any chance of receiving a COMBINED runner's application form for ITLR? (hint: still haven't received yours!).

On the ITLR news front, we've received an application from an American lady who wants to run with us, potentially bringing another female running friend too. Linda. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it. Lovely day everyone.

• Options

That's another tent to put up then...

• Options

Great news TD.

Was thinking of practicalities etc - let me know how I can help.

Iain

• Options

Hi TD: Thanks - she's slowly getting better. She had an MRI done last week and there is still a small bleed visible on the brain, so she will need to have another done in a month or so.

She's still getting headaches and dizziness if she overdoes things, and she needs to rest a lot. Then she's also got the issue of getting her blood pressure stablisised - something she's learning to manage.

All in all. She's extremely lucky to have caught it early and the signs are positive. We just need to be patient - not always a virtue of mine. When I've set my heart on something, I just can't wait to get it!

• Options

Exciting news on ITLR front, too! Each extra runner is one more to share the load.

• Options

Re: ITLR. I'm getting a bit fearful of being able to keep up!!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

We'll just put her with youimage You like your ladies...

Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Re: ITLR. I'm getting a bit fearful of being able to keep up!!

you're worried? I'm terrified!

• Options
    Emmy H wrote (see)

We'll just put her with youimage You like your ladies...

As long as there's only one 'd' in ladies...

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Eggy's got himself a gfa woman. Class!

Kaz - that's not a rest day.image

Itlr runners - who you got to keep up with? I thought it was one runner at a time. 

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Oooooft I'm tired.  I'm always tired on a Tuesday as it's my ChildLine shift on a Monday night so I don't get home until after 2 am...but last night was particularly intense and I had a trainee observing me.

Nice little LT run should wake me up image

Maus, I'm glad your Mum's going in the right direction, albeit slowly.

• Options

Good news about your Mum MM. It sounds like one less thing to worry about.

Iain - yes, like RS, not sure what you are worrying about. We just have to complete 160kms a day and we have a good sized team now to do it, so the daily burden of long distance is diminishing.

For me, the biggest concern is being able to maintain a good average speed (6:00min/km pace on average) so we aren't running too early or too late on any given day. Combined with this concern, is to ensure we have good navigation (no hold ups or unneccessary detours) and that we don't suffer extreme weather. If there are any social media gurus out there who'd be willing to help, or anybody that writes a blog or such like and would be happy to talk about In The Long Run on it, please do let me know.

I am taking a little chance in doing coaching for our Start to Runners at work this lunchtime. I promise to only take baby steps. I've proven that I can safely mountain bike up the steepest slopes now, so no problem with leg power. Just have to avoid overstressing this hamstring tendon through too much bending+ exertion, or impacts.

Next phase of the project is to really get going with the fund-raising and social media activities. We have a meeting tmrw night focusing in on this.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

LT pace runs hurt a bit....but they're always the ones that give me the biggest shot of endorphins afterwards.  Nice run in the pissing rain.  Did somebody mention summer??

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Itlr runners - who you got to keep up with? I thought it was one runner at a time. 

Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

We just have to complete 160kms a day and we have a good sized team now to do it, so the daily burden of long distance is diminishing.

For me, the biggest concern is being able to maintain a good average speed (6:00min/km pace on average) so we aren't running too early or too late on any given day.

For me - this is it. I want to do a few longer runs but I know that 6min/km will be a bit optimistic and I can hold it for roughly 10/13 miles. I want the longer stuff (note: during the run I may refute this comment).

• Options
    James B73James B73 ✭✭✭

I feel educated on blood transfusion. But could someone explain to me what anal sex is? I've tried to google it but my computer gave me a massage that they had sent a message to my IT department regarding the search.

Confused........... 

• Options

James - hehe.

Kaz - ouch.

RS - how's the fingernail doing?

TD - good news.

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

Another Kaz o'clock 10 mile tempo for me today. All done and dusted by 7.05am

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

I challenge your transformers shite with Hope Floats bollocks.  Monday night TV sucks, but I have managed to get my ironing done.

Monday night TV is all about Game of Thrones. Although your right about those god awful Transformers movies.

Yep, definitely, although for us it's Wednesday as we're doing weekly showings with friends. I'm half way through A Feast For Crows as well so it's killing me not being able to talk to anyone about the SPOLIERS!

Weedy - She's planning to run London next year. She got a GFA time at Lochaber last month.

Also, congrats on the lady Eggy. BS contingent?

Eggy - we can give her some nipple action in the Deptford marathon then image

Blood donating - I think I'd be banned for recency of tattoos, but last time I tried to donate they refused and told me not to come back anyway (and no I hadn't got it confused with sperm donation...)

Me too. Not the sperm donation thing, the tattoos thing. I always seem to be either just pierced or just tattooed. I haven't done that for a year or two though, so it's about time I hightailed it down there. I wonder what my blood type is?!

Oh, I've just worked out that KOC is short for Kaz o'Clock, brilliant!

I'm very proud of my friend and dear running buddy, who ran a 10 mile race on Sunday and got a county medal! She did nearly all of my Paris training with me despite not even doing a marathon, and was an absolute rock all the way through. She's not very confident with her running sometimes and is reluctant to do a marathon as she doesn't think she's good enough, so I'm so pleased that she's got that county medal to show her that she's more than good enough (as well as the months of training, including an 18mile in under 3 hours!)

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

They just won't let me give blood for whatever reason they seem to throw out: Piercing, heart condition etc. I'd love to know my blood type!

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

crazy Murdoch blood ....

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Eggy - You're a 'we' already?  Have you been keeping quiet for a while?

Ks - congrats to your friend!  Tell her to get her fast ass into paris!

Weedy - finger is almost pain free and in a very wrong way I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what it does...there's so many options!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Weedy - finger is almost pain free and in a very wrong way I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what it does...there's so many options!

I have the same thing with my toe... i'm so excited to see if it drops off or notimage

• Options
    The JimbobThe Jimbob ✭✭✭

I love the advice Weedy gave me yesterday when I complained of tired legs. He said "you need to channel your inner Emmy" , ha ha!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    The Jimbob wrote (see)

I love the advice Weedy gave me yesterday when I complained of tired legs. He said "you need to channel your inner Emmy" , ha ha!

I'm geniunely touched! :0)

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Eggy - You're a 'we' already?  Have you been keeping quiet for a while?

We had our first date just before Paris, so a few weeks now. We live a bit of distance away from each other so mostly see each other over the weekends, which as Kaz noted is why I'm not as active on the forum at weekends these days.

On a sour note, boiler broke-down this morning. Cost of replacement part £375! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ......image