Options

Paris Marathon 2013

Comments

• Options

Managed 4.7km of run/ walk at lunchtime. I wasn't breathless... but i did manage to run a tiny bit. Very baby footsteps and the pain was very acceptable, in line with doctor's advice ("be guided by pain when you run").

Always frustrating when you get a sudden big bill Eggy but a bad boiler is a killer so good to get it sorted quickly too. A running colleague at work lost his young wife on Christmas Eve 2 years ago due to CO leakage from a dodgy boiler.

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

Afternoon, all.

* Been looking at all the 'Have you ever/man/woman etc etc...'. Is it a Quiz? image Is there a prize?image*

Apart from that...We're going to Marseille for a few days and I've just discovered that if I got up at KOC on the Sunday, I could do a race in somewhere-I've-never-heard-of-along-the-coast...possibly dying of heatstroke. This might be a hard sell but the scenery looks fantastic...

• Options

Sounds good to me ATM, The scenery will make dying of heatstroke worth itimage

• Options

Eggy - So where does she come from then?? Near Lochaber???

• Options
    KeyserSuzeKeyserSuze ✭✭✭
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Eggy - You're a 'we' already?  Have you been keeping quiet for a while?

Ks - congrats to your friend!  Tell her to get her fast ass into paris!

Weedy - finger is almost pain free and in a very wrong way I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what it does...there's so many options!

I will! I nearly convinced her to do Amsterdam next year...

What happened to your finger?

• Options

Good afternoon everybody

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Wi!  Where have you been ??

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Ok Eggy, it's enough of this beating around the bush with allusions to your "medals" and pussyfooting around the most sensitive issue in any relationship, but is really the question we all want to know the answer to.  

So, someone has to risk it all and throw caution to the wind and ask, so it might as well be me..... Is she faster than you?

• Options

Just popped in to say hello to find gossip frolicking all over the place - love it! Well done to you Eggy.

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

Dannirr - Yes, she's faster. Her PBs over all distances completely trash mine.

Kaz - No, from Perth.

• Options

From Perth you say?  So am I ... but probably much younger than me so unlikely we know each.  Does she run with Perth Road Runners?

• Options
    Eggyh73Eggyh73 ✭✭✭

TP - Yes, she's a Perth Road Runner.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Ha ha, eggy's dating tp's cousin! It's a proper Scottish romance.

Ks-I jammed in a door on Friday night. There's photos on fb. I was in a lot of pain. image

• Options

TD...    this is for you young man...   you need to rest...!!   Let your body heal and get better....

/members/images/98627/Gallery/6a00d834519c3c69e201348094fa3f970c-200wi_3.gif

• Options

argh...   why did that picture invert the colours..?   Anyway...  you know what it's supposed to be...

• Options
    Eggyh73 wrote (see)

TP - Yes, she's a Perth Road Runner.

Eggy, you have excellent taste!

• Options

Anal sex update...   I phoned the Blood people and rather surprisingly they didn't have an answer to my observation.  I spoke to two people and neither was able to offer any answer and both said no one had mentioned it before.   It has been referred to someone else, who will call me back...!   

Bristol stool cake on FB..   love it...  but worryingly realistic...!

Lunch update..   I had a very nice lunch today with yer_maj   image

Rain update...  will it EVER stop raining and can we please have our sunshine and early summer back..?

• Options

oh, great...  TOTP..   image

• Options

Now you have me wondering Eggy, maybe BF will know her?!?!

• Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

kaz, by 10pm we'll have the poor girl's DNA mapped...image

DV, you're now on their 'dodgy punters' list. No more wee lie down and a cup of tea and a biscuit ,for you..

I feel my mojo coming back. Registering for  http://www.coursedesembruns.com/parcours/index.html seems to have helped.Here's the course....

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/199/469811773_3068d2e671_o.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    James B 73 wrote (see)

I feel educated on blood transfusion. But could someone explain to me what anal sex is? I've tried to google it but my computer gave me a massage that they had sent a message to my IT department regarding the search.

Confused........... 

Your computer gave you a massage? 

Wow.

I wondered what that "control" button was for...

• Options

In some running related news...

I had a very quick 9 km today - maintained 5.35 min/km throughout except in the really big hilly bit.

Dunno what is inspiring the speed, but whatever it is, I'd like to bottle it.

And in Isle of Maus related news...

I can report a marked increase in morons on the road, notable through doubling of my usual honk rate. Instead of one or 2, I was honked at 4 times running today...

• Options

I did make it clear that I was only asking the question out of general interest...  The people I spoke to said that all blood is screened regardless of what answers people provide on the sheets.

Eggy.. well done image

ATM.. Looks lovely..

• Options
    Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Re: ITLR. I'm getting a bit fearful of being able to keep up!!

Sod the distance. I'm fearful I will need to erect my own tent.

Mr Tricky ITLR organiser person...Will there be strapping lads available to assist with tent erection?

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Depends if you take your 'incentive wand' whether they're strapping or not.  ;)

• Options
    Radar Sal wrote (see)

Ha ha, eggy's dating tp's cousin! It's a proper Scottish romance.

Ks-I jammed in a door on Friday night. There's photos on fb. I was in a lot of pain. image

Doesn't there need to be haggis for it to be a proper Scottish romance?

• Options
    Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Sod the distance. I'm fearful I will need to erect my own tent.

Mr Tricky ITLR organiser person...Will there be strapping lads available to assist with tent erection?

Maus - You sound like a damsel in distress. Fear not, I volunteer to be your official tent (quickly thumbs through Thesaurus) putter-upper (I'm not saying the other word for fear of being misconstrued and labelled a pervert).

RS - good to hear.

Emmy - not good to hear.

I had a toenail go black after my last long run before Paris taper. It's clung on and now looks like kinda cool with a black front half and a white bottom half. Sort of like a battenburg cake, but monochrome and made out of toenail. Message me if you want a picture of it.

ATM - Looks a nice run that. Hill in the middle looks a bit steep tho.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Bloody DV brought the pissing rain with him today and left it here image

He did, however, take my tent away with him, presumably to practice his Erection Skills.

Maus - I'm sure you'll find an obliging bloke to get it up for you. 

As for the Stool Cake...I imagine that having seen that, nobody would want to take it up the wrong'un ever again.  Blood screening or no blood screening image