Options

Paris Losers

Comments

• Options

MM: As Tricky is ever the sage master, he's absolutely right. It's about reminding yourself of your drive, committment, passion, and the things you want to accomplish. I don't keep my medal with me--instead, I got a tattoo several weeks ago that is in part inspired by the marathon; it commemorates my inner strength, and is a constant (permanent!) reminder of my own capacity to overcome pain and fear. So, hell, wear the medal around your neck every day if you want. Be proud of what you did.

Kaz: Such terrible news. My condolences.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭
    Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

My diet tip for the day: Before sucombing to any high calorie meals take a look at the 'Very embarassing' thread on this forum. Enjoy.

Soooo wrong!  The photo is awful but it happens.  Think it's down to the food the few days before than anything else.  Don't fully agree with taking imodium during a marathon though...wouldn't it affect your absorbtion of gels and fluids?

I had another goodish day today.  No snacks or sweets and reasonably sized and healthy meals image

Kaz - That's a bad day!  Bake your heart out girl.  Think BF would appreciate it.  BUT have a look at healthy baking alternatives...like making your own museli bars or something...maybe...I'd be in there with the brownie recipie...  Sucks about your sister but not much you can do apart from becoming the holier than thou sister from hell...and I'd deck mine if she tried that with me...but then again I'm not in your sisters condition. image

16 weight watchers points...the starting points daily allowance is 20 points!!!  WOW!

• Options

RS - Baked out - Flapjacks, gluten free and dairy free carrot cake, and pancakes for the kidz( gluten and dairy free too!) - all very healthy if consumed in moderation........

I have walked the dog and ran 7 miles to limit damage......image

I always take immodium for any long run??? I don't get very far without it............and a portaloo is too much to carry......

Planning 12  miles easy tomorrow..........looking forward to it in a strange way?? My mother actually told me to take care on my run tomorrow????image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

I'm lucky in running around london and know where all the loos are.  Have found that by experimenting with food the day before and for breakfast I've got a pretty fair idea of when things are going to happen so have avoided the immodium requirement.  Interesting to hear how many people rely on it though.  hmmm...something to think about.

Good work on the baking.  I wanna be at your house! image

• Options

Sorry to hear that Kaz - about your friends.

Not too shabby a day here.  Did a 5.5 mile run and had a really good smoothie-cum-porridge for breakfast and a nice, and large, Greek salad for tea.  Only slight disappointment  was that a little while ago I thought I had 280kcals left then remembered I'd had a nine Bar late afternoon.  Ah well.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

Smoothie cum porridge???  image

• Options

It's full of protein and is entirely organic.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

It sounds suspiciously like Mr Maj's Unction that Cures All Ills to me....

• Options

living in the country means there are loads of trees to hide behind rs...and plenty of leaves when nature calls!

had a good day all round with 11km @ ga pace and good for food also....so hungry now though image

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Maybe there's not many trees on Kaz's island.  It is pretty windy up there...

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I like his style image

Radar Sal wrote (see)

Maybe there's not many trees on Kaz's island.  It is pretty windy up there...

After Greek salad for tea it's pretty windy here too.

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Watch out for all the fiber doing an embarassment on you.

• Options
    TD: in Australia smoothie cum porridge would be regarded as spunky!image
  • Options
    And it's a 'specialty of the house' at many of the fine establishments in Amsterdam's red light district.
  • Options

RS - Yes no trees here, a few bushes but usually in peoples gardens!!! It amazes me how folk don't like you asking to use their toilets??

Smoothie cum porridge = toilet bound!!!

Gorgeous day here, so planning a 2hour  run( not worrying about distance/speed), dog walking and cutting grass since this is my first day off without kidz since Paris!!! imageimage If this was a couple of years ago it would have been a large rose and a book in the garden but not anymore!!!image

• Options

If you have trouble with your bush Kaz, yer_maj may be able to advise.

Very strong winds forecast for this evening.  I'm having egg curry for tea.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I like his style image

Apparently it's in its own handy container...in a never ending supply....

• Options
    yer_maj wrote (see)
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I like his style image

You may need to shake it vigorously before any comes out.

• Options

For those of you with who aren't into smoothie-cum-porridge or Mr. Maj's Unction that Cures All Ills, I saw these two recipes for sweet bean dips today: http://www.choosingraw.com/two-new-sweet-bean-dips-chocolate-peanut-butter-black-bean-dip-and-cinnamon-spiced-adzuki-bean-dip/

After my experiment with peanut butter chocolate chip hummus (it was seriously awesome), I'm a sweet bean dip convert. I intend to try the cinnamon adzuki bean dip this evening. Will report back.image

(Also: For some reason, I can't get the link function to work properly--any suggestions?)

• Options
    OrbuttOrbutt ✭✭✭

KO'S - excuse me whilst I de-cloak from lurking.

The new and improved link function is slightly different to what you previously used.

Now, you need to write your word in the normal body of your message, highlight it  and this will enable the link icon. Click the 'link' icon.

Then, paste the URL of the link into the link URL box and click 'insert' (no need to type in the 'title' box)

Your Delicious Link

There you go.

<engage cloak>

• Options

OMG KOS sounds heavenly... lol.. peanut butter and chocolate chip hummusimageimage not sure re the beany one let us know how you get on.

Thanks Orbutt re link wondered what was going on there .. decloak again you dont have to lurkimage

Cheat today two pieces of 74% chocolateimage far too bitter for me... serves me right for picking..

Freebee PT session for me tomorrow and usual trainer on Saturday...

• Options

Thanks, Orbutt! Let's try it now:
    These are awesome.

NGUG: I was really skeptical, but you don't taste the chickpeas in the peanut butter chocolate chip hummus (the peanut butter and honey and vanilla extract completely mask the taste of the chickpeas).
    Have you ever made black bean brownies? They're really good, and I can't taste the beans in them either. But maybe I just eat lots of beans, so I'm used to the flavor/texture.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭
    yer_maj wrote (see)
    yer_maj wrote (see)

I like his style image

You may need to shake it vigorously before any comes out.

So he would have me believe....

I wish I wasn't allergic to peanuts image

• Options
    Peanut butter chocolate houmous sounds image I am Sam, Sam I am.

been relying on liquids mainly today so tomato soup, coffees, 7up free and water and some bagels....will no doubt hit the fridge after swimming
  • Options

Been relatively good here today, thought I would get the munchies this afternoon/evening...........not yet!!!

Breakfast- rice crackers, post run - cherry tomatoes( a whole punnetimage), snack - 4 wine gums, dinner - salad (just lettuce, cumcumber, peppers, tomatoes,) plus a boiled potato, then pudding was stewed apples??? what is wrong with me??!!

Will the munchies hit tomorrow??? 17 miles fuelled by 4 rice crackers and some water surprised me but no hunger afterwards is unheard of!!!image

• Options

Get thissen a Curly Wurly lass!

• Options

A curly wurly sounds mighty good.......mmmm........but I ken the coop don't sell them!!! Damn useless shop!!

• Options
    Radar SalRadar Sal ✭✭✭

Kaz - that's an interesting food day.

I resisted today!!  YAY!  Was really craving F&Cs on the way home and didn't want to get on the turbo trainer but I did 45 mins hardcore on the bike then made quinoa with frozen veggies and salmon.  Have no food in the house at the moment so living off the freezer and cupboard until food delivery tomorrow.  Did I say how much I like quinoa?  It's great for you and has a nice crunch unlike rice or pasta.

• Options

Well done Sal!

Ok for me too yesterday.  Seem to be running 6 days a week and that helps me - only shortish easy paced runs but adds enough calories to my allowance to make things ok.

If today goes ok and tomorrow I can exercise and be disciplined through the day we might go out for a curry as a reward.

• Options
    yer majyer maj ✭✭✭

A really good week for me so far this week image and it's showing on the scales again.  Stayed within my net calories every day so far and on taget for the weekend too as my two bad influences are in bed with the norovirus and in hospital having a jaw operation respectively....

Now to avoid Mr Maj's evil germs...that's an instant weight loss I could do without!