Options

Moraghan Training - Stevie G

Comments

• Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

Levi Boringroots

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    How about Liam Butterbridge. Fiendishly clever that, no one could ever work it out.
  • Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Can't work that one out? Hell, I am but a bridge??

Mustafa Peebee-Inmee?

Bloody great blister on my heel this morning - grrr! New shoes, but I ran 14M in them Sunday with no issue at all, and they are the 11th pair of Roclite 295s I've had. Same socks this morning too - weird, and slightly problematical as I have to run home in them too!  While I'm whingeing, it was bloody muddy again this morning - sodding rain!!!

• Options

I guess you haven't had your coffee this morning Bus image

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

wake up Bus!

Got a full MP session in today, mid zone, 6.05 average. Happy with that.

Mental effort I think is the way to describe it, couple of early inclines set you back a little, but you get the cashback in the middle. Having said that, when the watch said 6.20 pace at one point, I did consider sacking it off, but the next time I looked it was 5.58, so stuck with it!

Sure it didn't use to feel this breathtastic..but we have a tendency of misremembering things, and thinking it was all a dream!

• Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

Nice MP session SG or should I say Geraint Tigude?

• Options
    PeteMPeteM ✭✭✭

or rude ageing tit, but that's maybe more me than you SGimage

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭
    The Bus wrote (see)

Can't work that one out? Hell, I am but a bridge??

Seriously?

• Options

Tinier gut aged.

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Doh - finally got it! (and wondered why none of colleagues could work it out either.....!)

I 'ate trudging?

More mud tonight - been pissing it down, thundering and lightning here today. Question though - should I try blister plasters or Vaseline for the heels?? Once the Vaseline is on, there's no chance of getting a plaster to stick....

• Options
    CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry - I just can't work it out.

I thought I was good at this sort of thing, but it's gone over my head...

• Options

KY jelly much better than Vaseline ... unless you are talking about running of course.

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

You use KY jelly on your heels Philip???? Not sure I can wipe that image....

You are overthinking it CC - I was.....

• Options
    PeteMPeteM ✭✭✭

Compeed work really well Bus, only problem is getting them off your feet when you don't need them any more!

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

I'm tight though Pete - went for Superdrug's own brand which were much cheaper! No doubt they'll fall off 3 seconds after application! I've used Compeeds and they are great as long as you make sure your feet are totally clean and dry before applying - not easy half way through a run though image

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

It just rhymes with the dude's name CC.  Not worth giving any more thought to.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

yeah in fairness CC, you were never getting it. Not knowing my real name and all!

Phil - by the same method, yours is Piles John.

I like it.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

ps Bus, as tight as someone who takes 7 holidays a year can be! image

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

Never said I paid for them though image 

• Options
    Reg WandReg Wand ✭✭✭

Looks like most of you cheated and used an online anagram maker.

Stevie G wrote (see)

yeah in fairness CC, you were never getting it. Not knowing my real name and all!

Also you can't just leave two letters lying around SG.

• Options
    Andrew G wrote (see)

Looks like most of you cheated and used an online anagram maker.

Stevie G wrote (see)

Also you can't just leave two letters lying around SG.

always called Philip and always use the middle name

sloppier rhino jism

• Options
    The BusThe Bus ✭✭✭

I didn't cheat AG!

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

Hang on... you mean you're not actually called Stevie G.?!

• Options
    CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

Ok - so I wasted about 5 minutes of my life trying to work that out yesterday (ok, maybe a bit longer than 5 minutes) and even after the Dachs clue, I was trying to work out how on earth it could rhyme with Steve / Stevie / Steven G_______ !!

Next you'll be telling me that The Bus is actually called John or Pete or something equally ridiculous.

Anyway - running.  4x 1200m on the track this morning.  Bloody windy again and some added pissing rain, just for fun.  Aiming for 4:15s off 3-4 min jog recoveries.

Came out at:

4:13.1 / 4:14.7 / 4:15.3 / 4:12.8

I'll take that. image

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

No, it's okay, The Bus's first name actually is 'The'.

• Options
    CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

I know!

I was only joking.  I think his middle name is "Bendy".

• Options
    DachsDachs ✭✭✭

It's really quite simple CC.

Stevie G's real name is Leon Clutterfridge.  He's a stunt pilot by profession, based at RAF Brize Norton.  He does a lot of insanely impressive flying in practice, but doesn't currently appear at any air shows.

The Bus's real name is The Dave. Just The Dave.  He is a small man.  Very small, in fact.  He lives in a house hollowed out of a mushroom, like a Smurf.

Literatin is not a woman.  She is a 22 stone, 54 year old male lorry driver called Patrick McCormack, who subsists on a diet of fry-ups, sausage rolls and Tunnock's tea-cakes (the only bit of what she says that is true).  She has some astonishingly right-wing views, but her heart is basically in the right place, albeit heavily clogged.

Scott Edgington's real name is Scotch Eggington, and he is a short-fused talking scotch egg, as exclusively revealed on the much-missed Team GB thread.

No-one knows what Philip M Jones' actual name is.  Some believe that he isn't a real person at all, merely a myth, or perhaps just a concept.  Others insist that they have awoken to find his face staring in through their window at strange hours of the night, smiling inanely.

RicF is a former gangster rapper from South Central LA by the name of Ernie F Colquin, although his stage name was Soggi Biskits.  After five attempts on his life (three shootings, one stabbing, and a surprisingly old-school attack with a candlestick in the study) he retired in the 90s to a life of fishing, gardening and anecdotalising.

IronCat is genuinely a cat made of iron.  This is why he prefers duathlons to triathlons, because he tends to sink and rust.

Dean R is using his real name, and running the times that he says he runs.  What he does not tell you is that he is a millennia-old immortal, like the Highlander.  He therefore holds the age-graded record for all distances he runs of infinity percent.  No-one is quite sure why he sometimes writes in textspeak, but it may be that people used to communicate that way before records began.

Pete M is a fictitious character created by parkrun HQ to further boost their figures.

My name is Judith Pert.  I work part-time as a topless model.  The rest of the time, I work as a bottomless model.  I am a recovering chocoholic, but had a recent relapse when I was thrown out of the Priory for smuggling in one of those massive Toblerones.

Only you can tell us who you are.

• Options
    literatin wrote (see)

No, it's okay, The Bus's first name actually is 'The'.

a bit of thread lore here, but The Bus used to be called bus boy. Then, at about 7 minutes past 10 on Sunday October 16 2011, it changed.

This was the Cabbage Patch 10. That day, we had at least 5 from the thread in the race. SG and DT2 got a good start but bus, ricF and myself were a bit back at the start and had to make our way through the pack. When the three of us got up to DT2's shoulder, he said "Here comes the bus" and so the name was changed.

Top honours that day went to DT2, 57:12, then SG 58:24, ricF 58;33, bus 58:48 and me a lowly 5th in 59;26, but still 5 threadsters in the top 72 all under the hour.

Of course, that was the day Jess Coulson ran 52;53 so short courseimage

• Options
    CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

I think we need a commemorative plate.

• Options
    literatinliteratin ✭✭✭

True fact: I do currently weigh about 22 stone and had black pudding and a fried egg for tea last night.