Options

Fatman to Ironman

Comments

• Options

Ithought it was great Raf... But in the interests of harmony I didn't buy it !!!

• Options

why put off till tomorrow what you could start working towards today?

Just saying....

• Options

See! It has begun...........................

• Options

resistance is futile..............

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

Hahah you lot are terrible! image 2013 is all about the VLM for me. It seems that the VLM might just become a training event for something even bigger in 2014 though... /sigh

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

ps I can't believe I just wrote that.. looking in the mirror it's a completely ridiculous thing to write lol.

• Options

Nothing is ridiculous - I've completed an Ironman in 14 hours weighing 17 stone.

You are already lighter than I was

......just saying........

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

Blimey! How? Wait.. are you like 7 feet tall and built like Arnie? I mean the marathon part alone must have been murder carrying that much weight?

• Options

I'm 5ft 11.

It wasn't my best marathon ever, faster when lighter, but the point being if you want it bad enough you'll do it regardless of age or weight or whatever.

• Options

Welcome Amir

Hopefully I will be doing VLM as well next year as part of my training for IMUK if I can get a spot through the ballot, so you can join me and use it as a training run image

• Options
    Welcome Amir, i'll be adding you to our IMUK 2013 virgins list then image need to get your pirate monaco order in early as well.

Sorry to hear about the injuries lads, hope you heal up quicker than predicted.

MK, sign up for ELY mate, you'll be half way round the bike course before i get out the water, lol.
  • Options
    Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

OUCH, IronDonkey & Razor51. Take it easy - nurse's orders - and get well soon.

Just been for a run with wolf. 
    Unfortunately we're having to re-home her image, but I am trying to focus on the positive - it will give me an hour of extra training time every day. 

IronDonkey, take it easy mate, really bad luck, hope you heal quick... Razor I bow to your greatness and that AWESOME scar, swimming and turboing with one leg? extreme pirating in action!

Nurse - good call on the BananaMan graphic! BUT whats the story with wolfie? i'm soo sorry for you, that sux image

MoK - I expect your name to be changed before midnight, and no i don't give a sh1t that you've been racing tonight! (p.s. hope you did good mate!)

Amir on the run wrote (see)

Hahah you lot are terrible! image 2013 is all about the VLM for me. It seems that the VLM might just become a training event for something even bigger in 2014 though... /sigh

Amir

WELCOME - look this is the way i see it, you might as well train for IMUK 2013 anyway, you won't get a VLM place anyway and then end up doing Edinburgh with me and Nurse and anyone else on this thread that we can coax EXCEPT we'll then be doing it as a training run for the third element of IMUK 2013.Let's say you get a VLM place, then no problem, you'll be ready for both... makes sense. No point in wasting your mara training and did you know that you're less likely to injure yourself by cross training.

Ironholgs wrote (see)

Nothing is ridiculous - I've completed an Ironman in 14 hours weighing 17 stone.

You are already lighter than I was

......just saying........

yeah and he wrote a book about Amir, so you see it's possible and real and BossHolgs here (the official cabin personnel mentor for IMUK 2013) wouldn't lie to you and i'm sure you already know that he recently completed IM Lazarote one of the tougest IM courses in the world a few weeks ago and is now doing the Outlaw Irondistance triathlon at the end of the month too... so read BossHolg's book, buy the New Testament (Be Iron Fit by Don Fink) buy the Old Testament (Friel)

you know it makes sense....

• Options

I did my Ironman at 16.1 stone so no excuse about being too heavy to do it!

• Options

You guys dont need any help from me do you??  image

• Options
    KhanivoreKhanivore ✭✭✭

hahahahhaha as i said.. you lot are nuts.. terrible.. and brilliant image I already have the VLM place. I have my races planned between now and then. Next thing up for me is 75 miles off road bike ride in September, my first 10k in October, my first 1/2 marathon in November (exactly 8 weeks after the bike ride so perfect timing).. then another 1/2 mara in Feb and then the big one in April. After that I am more and more certain (thanks to you lot) that I will be off to buy myself a road bike with  set of aero bars lol. Seriously though - because of the fund raising etc I really don't want to put my VLM at risk by doing too much other stuff.

What i AM going to do between now and the marathon is to try and learn more about this total immersion swimming business. I swim like a rock image

• Options

What are you after Spartan?    image

• Options

What i AM going to do between now and the marathon is to try and learn more about this total immersion swimming business. I swim like a rock image

sounds like a plan, focus on the fundraising, you'll be competent on the bike, you'll do the VLM and we'll have you signed up for the IMUK 2013 by Christmas.... and naturally we don't care if you don't image it's nice to have a good crowd of people on here... image

P.S. Dave is also famous, he features in the bosses parables

hahahahhaha as i said.. you lot are nuts.. terrible.. and brilliant image I already have the VLM place. I have my races planned between now and then. Next thing up for me is 75 miles off road bike ride in September, my first 10k in October, my first 1/2 marathon in November (exactly 8 weeks after the bike ride so perfect timing).. then another 1/2 mara in Feb and then the big one in April. After that I am more and more certain (thanks to you lot) that I will be off to buy myself a road bike with  set of aero bars lol. Seriously though - because of the fund raising etc I really don't want to put my VLM at risk by doing too much other stuff.

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Touch of glamour ?

nice touch... well put

M...eldy is the shanghai mentor, teaching us the tricks of the trade...

• Options
    Anyway Meldy, you got me into this. My first ever post on here was "I am too old" and you replied with something like......." if they say you are too old would you take any notice of them?....so feck em JFDI". If only I'd known what I know now back then......sighhhhh. image
  • Options

Lol Razor ... such wise words from one so young   image

• Options
    Meldy could teach you loads !
  • Options
  • Options

We need Meldy to keep Raf and gas in line.image

Gas - no response to your racing kit for IM 2013? image
    Re. wolfie - a catastrophic dog/sheep interface has led to me having to re-home her. I am gutted, but I have no option, and at least I'm not being asked to have her put to sleep.  
    I got her as an adult dog, not used to livestock.  I come from a sheep farm, so am ultra aware of the potential dangers of dogs around sheep, and it still happened.
    She is going back to the lady I got her from, and she will find a new home from there.
    I am really image.
    So now I have to throw myself into my training to keep my spirits up.

• Options
    Amir needs to get IMUK done in 2013 because we all have the double Enduroman in 2014.
  • Options

I believe it was Dave who told me to HTFU image

More wise advice from the pirate monarchy, advice I now pass down to our little throng here regularly image

• Options

Oh Nursey that is so very sad,  I expect you have explored all the options?  At least she is going back to familiar surroundings

What breed is she?

• Options

lets see how many pounds i've lost by then, we don't want to scare the sheep and the locals all in one day... tell you what if i look like a racing snake i'll go for the speedo/monaco look, hows that? of course we might have secured our BaconLube sponsorship by then and I can use it to keep me warm

• Options

Ahem. Gas - when did I agree to this?

gastank wrote (see)
    <span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: #465584; font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal;">WELCOME - look this is the way i see it, you might as well train for IMUK 2013 anyway, you won't get a VLM place anyway and then end up doing Edinburgh with me and Nurse and anyone else on this thread that we can coax EXCEPT we'll then be doing it as a training run for the third element of IMUK 2013.Let's say you get a VLM place, then no problem, you'll be ready for both... makes sense. No point in wasting your mara training and did you know that you're less likely to injure yourself by cross training.