Options

Fatman to Ironman

Comments

• Options

Vomit and Grimace personally....

• Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

I know we have some kit whores in here so I thought I would let you know that I have four swim caps, some winter buffs, and some pirate car stickers available

Swim cap - £8 each
    Car Sticker - £1.65 each
    Polar Buff- £25.50

Please post here if you are interested.  Please do NOT PM me. Thanks image

But Schmunks...if you follow that thread it says to PM you. How are we suppose to figure out what to do if we want a buff - we're only mere men afterall!! image

• Options
    I've posted on the other thread requesting a cap and sticker image
  • Options
    Raf, i was going to order something but i'm too confused now. Theres not even a list to mess up on there.
  • Options

SD - what we need is a list of all the threads with lists that we can feck up!!

• Options

What you need is a damn good kicking    image

• Options
    Or we could start a list thread where all lists could be posted.
  • Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)

What you need is a damn good kicking    image

I presume you're referring to my swimming technique?? image

• Options

Of course I am dear  image

• Options
    Not tried the drops yet..though not sure I can fully reach the brakes if I do..maybe there's some adjustment needed.

Devon may be hilly but we're not quite in the alpine league.

Thanks for your advice guys.
  • Options

There's a lovely alpine style climb on Porlock Hill (old toll road)......it was great to go down too.

• Options

WOW! Evening all, I cant believe so much has gone on since I last checked in... apologies for the absence have had unexpected visitors... Anyhow got 8 miles in on sunday over about 64 minutes, 5k jog last night followed by 90 minutes XT and easy 10k this evening... Very excited too because the book has arrived!!!

Now I have two questions guys, please:

1. Should I read the book in its entirity before starting the training?

2. I am about to embark on the runners world sub 90 minutes training schedule for the bristol half on the 30th of september - it is quite an intense schedule and I was wondering whether I could wait until 30th of Sept before starting IM training or whether I should try and fit some swim / bike sessions in...?

Thanks Guys

P

• Options
    Omg I know that one..no fecking way..up or down...you got more guts than me! Total respect!
  • Options

Plinsky - I start my marathon 16 week programme next week for Dublin in October, have two weeks off then start 30 week programme for IM Lanza! But I plan to keep the cycling up a bit over the summer, with the odd bit of swimming too. I find cross training like this often helps my runnig anyway.

Might see you at Bristol - I was hoping for a sub 90 too!! image

• Options

Porlock Hill!!! Jesus thats scary walking it!!! It was even more scary when I drove down it with my old VW van...! R - E - S - P - E -C -T

• Options

Thanks RafikiD,

I dont think I will be able to achieve that but I will try my damn hardest... I might try to cycle to work ... its a 15 miles journey (a very hilly one too). How often should I do it to gain the benefits...?

• Options

If you are referring to FInks book then I would read it in bits and pieces, its a bit heavy going
    I tend to use those kind of books more for reference than anything..

• Options
    Plinksy, good training?

The thread moves really quick at times. Half the posters are ladies of leisure so they have time to be on the Internet all day, in between Jeremy Kyle that is image

If theres tons of posts i open two windows, one with the reply box, one with the thread, read & update as i go, then submit at the end image

I read the book up to the training plans were then began my adapted for my August half IM plan, still got some of the book to finish off.
  • Options

SD

that's a good plan ... never thought about that. OK, I am going to read the book as long as I can cope (its really interesting already) and see... Now, which programme to follow... probably the 'just get around' ...?

• Options
    I'm going with the competitive plan even though i just want to finish.

Thinking being if i train that bit harder i will find the day a bit more enjoyable.
  • Options
    Future IronDog. Put the work in on any good plan and the day will be awesome! Outside of wedding and birth of my daughter, best day of my life!
  • Options
    Your wife reads the thread as well then ? image
  • Options

Full

of

steak

Will swim it off tomorrow

• Options
    Nope, she doesn't but it's the truth!
  • Options
    ;-) good stuff IY

My second wedding was probably the best of mine

Liking the sound of IronDog image
  • Options
    SD..would live to be lady of leisure...I dream of such things! And I also dream of a sub 90 min HM..ho hum!
  • Options

gastank,

I would go for outlaw as it appears the best value for money + being my first one I like the sound of 'flat and fast' ... BTW where is it held?

Razor51

I see what you mean and I understand more now having started the book - thank you

Holgs,

brilliant pictures there!

All just took me an hour to catch up the weekends events... have missed anythin else...?

• Options

evrybody gone to bed...?

• Options
    Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

Good stuff Fishtank.

My work is a stress-fest at the moment too.  We can burn out together

sounds like a plan.... jeez it's after 10 pm already working really interferes with my forum time!

Nurse Ratched wrote (see)

"Might consider"? "MIGHT"? "CONSIDER"? You're booked for that one sunshine, and you're not wriggling out of it.   

image don't panic... i'm in T

Ironholgs wrote (see)
    Actually looking forward to getting the Outlaw out of the way, having a week or twos rest and then working with a new coach/physio and nutritionist ( all of who work with world class sports people ) as part of a sponsorship deal I have been lucky enough to be offered after I appeared on a TV news programme. Hopefully they will give me what I've been missing.

which you will of course pass on to us, being our mentor! image

Razor51 wrote (see)
    Hi Gang and newbies,
    First swim this morning since the cast came off, nice and steady, 2k in 50 mins happy with that, will try and get another swim in on Thursday then it's the 3k swim on Saturday at Nottingham, looking forward to it. image

Good going Razor, personally I was looking forward to you swimming with the cast on!

Ironholgs wrote (see)

What will I do with myself?

Well I'm contracted to have book 2 finished by October, so there's the next couple of months taken care of. I shall be training hard ready for next season, and will return to Ironman in 2014 having done something a bit different in 2013. Maybe Ultra running.

and don't forget you've got us to coach and mentor next year.... bet that excites you!

M...eldy wrote (see)
    gastank wrote (see)
    Morning nutters and nursey

Time.....

2500m in 53'00" image

Nice running    image

I thought so, might have to go a bit faster on Sunday though or i won't make cut off  image

Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

I know we have some kit whores in here

hope you're not referring to me Muckee...

• Options
    Looks like it. Time for me to retire too. Goodnight all.

OWS to look forward to tomorrow. A sunny 22 degrees & little wind so should be one of my nicest open water swims yet