Options

Frowned on?

12346»

Comments

• Options

Wow, Pete, maybe that event should be an alternative for those people who do not get into the Ride London 100, definitely a big challenge.

• Options

image Coorrr hills afraid I'm buzy that weekend or would be well up for it. Steady where you able to pass on all the hugs? image

• Options

One hug given on a special day to Happychap, I have not seen Trogs yet to give hers yet, will try in the next few weeks.

• Options

All received Cake.  It was lovely thank you image

• Options
    SteadyCJ wrote (see)

Wow, Pete, maybe that event should be an alternative for those people who do not get into the Ride London 100, definitely a big challenge.

From what I've seen of the route, you can't even enjoy the downhills as they are on single track roads with sharp bends...there are few long sweeping downhills.  There is also a tricky section with a level crossing, but you cross the tracks at a shallow angle so it's easy to get your tyre in the track and come off.

Speaking to a friend who did LEJOG two years ago, the only time he needed the granny ring in the entire route was in cornwall...

• Options
    Happychap wrote (see)

All received Cake.  It was lovely thank you image

image excellent

• Options

Sorry to go back to thread but are there any pirates north of the border? Looking at three sprints for 2014 alongside usual sportives. First year looking at tri and wondered if there would be any pirates I could train with or race with at Keswick, Carlisle or Bishopbriggs?

• Options

Oh, that' would have been nice if I were up that way. I had a lovely ride earlier in the year when i had some business in Penrith. It was only about 20-30 miles up and around Ullswater/Greystoke I think it was. Very scenic. Did a similar ride the year before but then I had my single speed. Must admit, it did hurt a bit that time!

• Options

Have to agree that I'm very lucky from a cycling and running perspective up here. We have everything from killer hills to beautiful coastal flats.

you tend not to notice as much when it's always there though.