Options

oh bugger, another fat newbie.....

Comments

• Options
    Pt 1 So, bro in lws wife brither. Daniel. (Rip yong fellow). Distant but close.

Pt 2 stands. Not helped by 1st doc &consultant describing it as battlefield trama surgery to avoid at all costs And the second opinion saying probably ok to leave alone. And problems emerge so ...

Pt 3 stands. Personnaly, lifes too short so get on with it -cant really convince children of that just yet. Theyll need 20years or so.

Pt 4 stands. Evidence already presented.

Job is not a poin t. A side bar. As a contractor one month ago with. 6 mths exte sion on the cards to being let go - and what symes says. Its inportant but not bala stopping of itself. And making silly money to making no money when the bills keep comng in does make you think what your spending. Replacing it is a feature of every day.

Once things calm down - get a result in the morning and training can commence and doing not foruming.

I entered and finished my first aquathon (with a twisted ankle)

I entered and nearly finished my first half (without enough prep, too much weight and an inflated ego)

I didnt start bala

Ive entered brum half next month

Ive entered two halfs and a full next year

Ill be back when the're done - let results to the talking as it were.not wanting to be that billy bullshit fellow.

Best regards all.
  • Options

the pain might last a second

it might last a minute

it might last an hour

it might last a day

it might last a year

but the pain is temporary , it will be replaced with something else

But if I quit it's forever !

( ps the pastie was scrummy ) 

• Options

Great to see you again Dave and nice to shout Halooooooo to Ghost in T2, sorry didnt have time for a chat Ghost! I was on for a PB and got it! image

Missed the Vogon poetry and thats all I am going to say right now

• Options

@SgtLard - I don't know what to start.

Pt3. Your kids are worried about you doing an Olympic because someone died, so you've sacked that off and have entered a half next month!? On the training volume you've posted so far? image

• Options

Oh wait, the Brum half is a half marathon? Are the 2 halfs and a full next year marathons too?

• Options

Does it matter ? 

He won't train, and he's less likely to turn up.

lost track of the number of people who were asking after him at Bala yesterday, couldn't believe the number of people who have been following this thread..... Even the ref asked after him 

• Options

Does he really exist? or is it a creation of the ad team at RW to generate traffic to the site image

• Options

That was suggested yesterday 

the name he used on the Strava plot was on the entry list with PSOF as club, there were only 2 Pirates entered, the other being Effing...

then we decided the ad team weren't clever enough 

(we even decided it was way too far fetched for KK to have dreamed up )

• Options

Assuming he does exist? and before I start I would like to point out I ain't no Psychobable-ologist

Based upon someone else I know, I suspect his lack of delivery on promises is also why he has a weight issue, maybe we are assuming that because he wants to do Triathlon he has the right kind of mind set to actually do what he says, but is actually looking for that non existent quick fix?

Some people cant be helpedimageor need someone else to constantly push them?

• Options

Pt 1. Sorry for the loss of your inlaws's, wife's brother but life is for living not regretting. image

Pt 2. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery  and hoping you're able to comit to (and sustain) supporting her recovery.

Pt 3. How old are your children? Young enough to believe in father Christmas and able to be convinced that he is protecting you? Or old enough to accept that if they don't let you play your games you're not gonna let them ride their bike / cross the road to play with friends / insert the another every day risk?

Danny Cavanagh's family participated in yesterday's Bala Tri in his memory and raised a lot of mney for one of his chosen charities.

Pt 4 Appears to be agreed image

Pt 5 The job wasn't an issue when you were signing up for Outlaw half and IM UK 70.3 last month?

What gives SgtLard?

• Options
    Well that sucks sgt lard.

If you're unemployed though, don't you have loads of time to train?
  • Options

A few points.

Having just finished IM Wales, I have just discovered how fanucking hard that course is. It took me an hour and a half longer than on a flat course, and I am now a better biker and swimmer. I will be honest. Your training programme needs to be 5 years long.

All that carbon and the turbo could be ebayed quite quickly for a few quid if you're short of cash. You can also save money by cutting back on the calories and doing a lot of walking. I don't mean 20 minutes at a time on a £300 treadmill. I mean 1-2 hours a day at hard sweating pace. Every day.

It's not training.

It's getting a life.

Set achievable targets. Like running a Parkrun. All the way.

It took you years to grow to 20 stone. You can't just wish it away.
    I wish you luck.

• Options

indeed. 

1. Funeral done and onwards we travel without him.

2. Tests looking good. outlook positive. awaiting results. fingers crossed.

3. raw emotions. anxiety catches. its pernicious.fear is the mind killer. being managed carefully lest inflaming uneccesarily.

4. indeed. people immediately think im a twat, as it saves time ( to quote some twat on CBB )

5. i don't have to work just yet. but 'should i get a job and not be so selfish exercising and what have you'.  Now im not debating it. Races are entered because the future is an unknown continent and I could then, so I did then and i wasn't working when i entered ironman, its a distraction as I don't have to for a few months... however, Work is being seeked...just need to make it complete and not DNF and now as as good as ever. training is underway ( within reason - im too old/unfit/fat to do 8hr days in the gy anymore ). brum run in month. 

20 minutes is not effective for me, at this time.( its better than nothing and its a nice blast on the rowing machine. but its long cardio I need.) and not going in the kitchen. being on a budget also helps. hill walking beckons with OH as we clear other hurdles and look forward.

ran 10k straight on Sunday, run tonight. knees complaining. isn't everything - It might be Jeremy Corbyns fault. ( everything bad is ).its on strava/garmin. not that it matters to anyone but me.

im not a forum widget to drive traffic. they'd do better with naked pictures of carbon and clipless pedalsimage

if i get short of cash, the car can go - and ill 'have to' ride the bike more. image 

back in October with a photo finish, t shirt and a medal. no pastie though. ( im watching my figure image ) and I haven't earned it.

• Options
    I disagree about the 20 mins thing. If you're just starting out, little and often is better than battering yourself and not being able to train for days. 5k run then next day 20k bike, the next day 30-40 min swim. Rinse and repeat. Or similar. The whole point is to increase the distance slowly and train in z1/z2.
  • Options

Where's pastie eating in that Tom ? 

• Options

I don't like pastry. That being said, I do scoff a Wispa when I'm feeling virtuous and have done my workout. 

• Options

What sort of savage doesn't like pastry? 

• Options

Yeah, I don't like mushy peas or custard either.... and I'm a Northerner.... image

• Options

I like all food - thats my problem image

• Options
    FerrousTom wrote (see)

Yeah, I don't like mushy peas or custard either.... and I'm a Northerner.... image

You don't like custard ... oh dear god ... *sobs at the inhumanity of it all*

• Options

My husband said he didn't like custard - i've converted him image

• Options

Mmm cold ready made birds custard straight from the tin ( or ambrosia rice pudding straight from the tin) 

• Options
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Mmm cold ready made birds custard straight from the tin ( or ambrosia rice pudding straight from the tin) 

That !!! That right there !!!

• Options

See, and some people think I'm strangeimage 

• Options

Gh0st the story behind that sounds like it's not appropriate for a family forum. image

Dave and Booo, you are both VERY weird! 

• Options
    That he is what?
  • Options

Weird....

Boo is only a 9, I'm an 11 

• Options
    GH0ST wrote (see)

My husband said he didn't like custard - i've converted him image

Converted him to what? An ex-husband?