Options

Outlaw 2016

Comments

• Options

WELL  this is great , had hope there would be interest in a relay, not dreamed it would be this popular.  After recent knee surgery would have to say a cautious no to Ghost's excellent coin toss ideaimage,  and just be honest and say I want to swim or bike , or both with some random shipmates!

• Options
    HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭

Haha, loving the Russian roulette idea.  And surprisingly Trogs and Undead Monkey are up for it image

• Options
    citizen 146 wrote (see)

WELL  this is great , had hope there would be interest in a relay, not dreamed it would be this popular.  After recent knee surgery would have to say a cautious no to Ghost's excellent coin toss ideaimage,  and just be honest and say I want to swim or bike , or both with some random shipmates!

Twasn't my idea, i think it was Mr / Mrs Funkin image.

We need two lists - one for those who want to do a specific part of the relay and one for the Russian Roulettes (also good team name). We also need a nominated driver from each prospective team to sit with their finger on the button come event release day to submit our entries.

• Options

I don't suppose there are a shortage of offers, but I'll throw my hat in for the run section if needed.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

I'll start lists

Russian Roulette:

Happychap
    Trogs
    undead monkey
    ghost

Specific relay part:

Mathschick (run)
    Dawn Shadow (run)
    citizen 146 swim or bike or both

sorry if I have missed anyone

• Options

ghost , am sure I often get the wrong pirate, but the right ideaimage. Thanks for putting me on the list ( not very computer savy). I wonder how many pirate relay teams were in this year?

• Options

Nurse Ratched, be good to see you and your better half again after your much needed support in the inaugural Cotswold 226. I took the next week off work with a swollen knee ,and one year on have realised that that was my last solo full distance. As part of my recovery from surgery on said knee am keen to get back into full pirate kit for the relay and support functions.imageimage

• Options

Credit to he lucky dip relays goes to ATOM, GOM and Crashie ....it's a Vitruvian thingimage

• Options

I bet it works well

• Options

Citizen, have you get Nursey mixed up with me? She tends to hang out Scotland way and is much blonder and prettier than me image

I remember finishing the 226 with you plus a torch! Was an honour and you were a bit fab!!!! image

• Options

have you been drinking!image,  as always the event is made by the quality of the marshals!  Hope to have a crack at this marshaling gig myself next season.

• Options

on reflection it may have been myself who was inbibing, but this nurse theme is very confusingimage

• Options
    IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭

I've just pre-registered for both, but I think next year will probably be more a focus on half's for me, but I'd be happy to be part of a relay at the full, but probably only the swim (although I should warn you I'm slow!!) or the bike.....next year will be a bit of a tester to try and get the knee's stronger and see if I can get through a full without them failing in 2017.

• Options

think we could have a lot in the same boat , either having to go for relays due to injury, wanting to do it for the fun side, or using it as training in the long distance goal, most likely a bit of all threeimage

• Options
    SgtLardSgtLard ✭✭✭

aim is doing both Simo.  Its only a waste, IF i don't turn up ready to (tri to have a ) go.

in fact, asking if I can step back from full to relay is a hedge so that the waste is limited.

Bala OLY in September. not sure a sprint will be accommodated over the summer. Birmingham half in october is also entered  ...  really wanted to find a 100 sportive before christmas but might have to wait until next spring

what Im really thinking staffs & outlaw or staffs and bolton or outlaw half and full in 2016 ( depends how fast staffs sells out ). 

the only real issue is missing out on the possibility of taking part by not entering - these darned things sell out so fast, you've got to commit early. image

• Options

If your fit enough to have lots of choices, I'm jealous and you have already won shipmate.  I tried to enter the lakeland 50 this year but it sold out in 19minutes, I was lucky enough to get a charity entry which was also super competitive , but then got injured and pulled out due to surgeryimage.

• Options

SL - Manchester 100 on 15th Sept - nice day out:

http://www.bike-events.co.uk/Ride.aspx?id=471

• Options

I'm up for a bit of relay action - I'm equally bad at all 3 so happy to make up numbers on the lucky dip thing or the other one!

• Options

Citizen 146 - I don't know what you've had done but as someone who's had 2 lots of surgery on the same joint and been promised the next step is a full joint replacement I can assure you there is still a lot you can do.............if you're prepared to adjust your targets perhaps.....

You may never regain your previous heady heights and it can look bleak when you're probably currently off work sat on your butt unable to do "stuff" but it does get better....

Sending you healing vibes.........and hope to see you perhaps in the pot luck lucky dip next year!! 

• Options
    IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭

Updated list based on last few comments (apologies if I've got it wrong or missed anyone - please feel free to correct!)

Russian Roulette:

Happychap

Trogs

undead

monkey ghost

IGIT

Specific relay part:

Mathschick (run)

Dawn Shadow (run)

citizen 146 (swim or bike or both)

ironshas (swim or bike, preferably bike)

Evil Pixie (slow swim or run)

• Options

thanks for the updated lists!

thanks for the healing vibes,  my third bout of surgery has left me with the simple truth that running is out. Was always a poor runner anyway so its no big loss. Also having got a few iron distances in the books it is time to be more sociable and bang in some pb's for the other 2 disciplinesimage

• Options

IGIT equally bad at all 3 is a benefit, plus you're one up on me, and up on everyone who thinks triathlon is easy apart from the swimming bitimage.

looks like we have at least 10 people with an interest even at this early stage! Wouldn't it be great if we had six relay teams alongside all the solo efforts

• Options
    citizen 146 wrote (see)

thanks for the healing vibes,  my third bout of surgery has left me with the simple truth that running is out.

That's what I was told.....by both surgeon and physio.......and I'm just back from doing (most of) IM Austria!   But then I am extremely stubborn and pig headed and you are probably way more sensible and level headed imageimage 

My mother has frequently been known to tell me (even at my advanced age) that for an intelligent woman I am remarkably stupid sometimes image

• Options

my wife is more level headed and sensible than me. We have something in common, even today , 7 weeks post surgery, am having to have a day off from training as the pain and swelling has come back presumably due to pushing it just a bit to far image, the same quality that got me through the Cotswold 226 last year with an entirely walked 6 45 run.. I make a poor patient and it is better for all if I am happy competing at some level , and of course being able to work up to retirement!

• Options

I hope to be relaying again image

• Options

awesome , get on that listimage.  Again?  an experienced relayerimage

• Options

I warn you that I always mess up lists when I try and copy them!  It'll be my third Outlaw run image

Russian Roulette:

Happychap

Trogs

undead

monkey ghost

IGIT

Specific relay part:

Mathschick (run)

Dawn Shadow (run)

citizen 146 (swim or bike or both)

ironshas (swim or bike, preferably bike)

Evil Pixie (slow swim or run)

Ultra Kaz (run)

• Options
    GH0ST wrote (see)

I like the idea that was mooted in Nice last year - lucky dip relay teams. sign up as a team but have no idea what leg you are doing until you pull your name out of the bag at registration.

Or to be more accurate, at the Vit about 4 years ago image