Options

I've stopped smoking

But I really need a smoke. Anyone for encouragement? I've done almost 2 weeks, and I feel different this time, as though I need to give up.

Any sponsorship for 2008 would help, that's really why I've stopped smoking image

www.justgiving.com/nykiesrun

Comments

• Options

Nykie

One step at a time
    Just quit for a day. Today.
    Tomorrow is another challenge, park it.
    Do you really need a stroke or heart attack to act as your warning shot?

The public commitment helps, but it's got to be within you.

Good luck

• Options
    alcohol actually starts tasting even nicer when your taste buds start working again! I'm off the cigs about 2 - 3 mths and would NEVER go back! Life is great free of the nicotine trap! Don't go back... there's no truth in that crap about always a smoker etc. etc.. believe me!
  • Options

Nykie, trust me it does get easier.  I gave up several times, the final one being when I had a really bad asthma attack and thought I was a gonner.  Years later I'm no longer asthmatic, rarely get colds but when I do it doesn't always end up in a disgusting chesty cough, and like CRB says food and wine really does taste better.

Stick with it mate it will be worth it, and good luck

• Options

Nykie, to echo what Blisters said, it took my dad until his 4th or 5th heart attack before he stopped smoking. Since then he's has major heart surgery (artery bypass graft), 6 small strokes, another heart attack and an aortic aneurysm.

Just stop it!!

• Options
    Kwilter - have a mate in the voluntary ambulance - said people who have heart attacks are the worst for not giving up - apparently they lose their fear of what's gonna happen cos they've survived an attack... saw it with a guy I work with who still smokes..