Options

IMUK Getting Bored of the negatives

124»

Comments

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

Enjoy.

Watch your first descent after Sheephouse ascent but just before the lake until you know it. The bollards have gone because cars seem to like going for a swim I am told. You might too if you are not careful. And 250 yards after that just before the TIGHT left turn on to the main road, the road surface is shite, stay to the centre or right and be damned careful.

Apart from that, pedal to the metal. I am quite envious!

CAS - you will HAVE to stop at the bottom of the junction that road is way too busy normally to try and take the corner, It is the junction at the bottom of sheephouse lane and Belmont road, you go over a narrow hump back bridge and then some shite road surface on a short fast decent, make sure you are covering the brakes and away from the white lines, they are slippery!!.
  • Options

swim was long, bike was long, run was short, but personally, and this was before Monday I thoroughly enjoyed the race, I am sure D74 will attest, we had a few issues on the days leading up to the race as everytime I was in transition, something was going wrong and also apparently when I wasn't there, which makes Dunc the central factor here lol,

and what did I say before the event on the thread, things may change up to and on the day, outside of your control and others, get on with your race, you have trained for it, just make do on the day and worry about it afterwards, if I had worried about getting out of the water 7 minutes later than planned or having to incorporate an extra bottle in T1 to wash my feet down on the road or a broken spoke or ejecting full bottles of drink off my xlab right after a feed station or missing coke at a run station cos I was too stupid to slow down or panic in Queens Park cos noone knew where they were going then I would never have started the race, pirate motto JFDI !! 

I really laughed at the comment about the french competitor who reckons that we had it good as they have seen people keeling over in IMF and laying there dying (that might have been an over exaggeration) while the marshall shaded themselves under a tree smoking a fag lol ! not good but slightly more serious than a bit of rain and mud.

Also, my comments and thoughts on the race are a personal one which was a positive thing, others see things thru different lenses, there must always be accountability and it should also be done in the right way, apparently this has yet to be found but I am sure it will at some point. 

• Options

I saw a pirate top go past at a hundred and forty at least, I've only ever seen Roseys arse!image

• Options
    there are several hundred people in the same boat dustboy, but he has to make a living somehow. i just wish he could find a better way of advertising, the writing on the public toilet walls looks so messy.
  • Options
    Iron Rose wrote (see)

I really laughed at the comment about the french competitor who reckons that we had it good as they have seen people keeling over in IMF and laying there dying (that might have been an over exaggeration) while the marshall shaded themselves under a tree smoking a fag lol ! not good but slightly more serious than a bit of rain and mud.

Jikes. image

The guy that crashed really badly at my corner and knocked 4 inches out of his helmet, the paramedics were there in about 5 mins.  Can't really complain about that...

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

I saw a pirate top go past at a hundred and forty at least, I've only ever seen Roseys arse!image

oxymoron wrote (see)
    there are several hundred people in the same boat dustboy, but he has to make a living somehow. i just wish he could find a better way of advertising, the writing on the public toilet walls looks so messy.

lol, i don't think i'll read anything funnier today.