Options

Monday 11th May

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hello, just popping back on-line for a few hours. Stickless you are funny. Well had another pretty crap day at work- set to get a bit crapper tomorrow. Won't bore you with the details.
    Some good training being posted- just not by me. I shall do what I do when I don't like my horoscope- pretend to be a differnt star sign (like it matters) with a more exciting prediction. So I think I will be Drew today- as I never get to do any track.
  • Options
    Yep Drew, you really burn up 400s don't you. I think I'll do some on Weds to get a time. Mine have always been 76-77. This is off 45 secs recovery. Is that what you have?

This pm I went out with a partner. My legs were telling me nothing faster than 7mm so we did 1st 3 averaging 6:41 then turned as I said I would try and keep up that pace despite tight hamstring. So we did 3 miles back averaging 6:19!

This is part of the plan to not do easy miles like I did last year but to make every evening run count for something.

Train faster to race faster is the new philosophy until I get injured next week.
  • Options
    BR
    You dont sound like you

be positive, youre great:)
  • Options
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Monique - I didn't mean to offend. Don't let it (work, in particular) get you down. We're all cheering for you.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    BR, what sort of injury do you think you'll get first or will you just suffer from severe overtraining symptons?

I tend to do my 400's off 2 minute recoveries which allows faster reps, which is better for lactate threshold (I think) With 45 sec recoveries I could probably manage them in about 80 secs.

Mike, are you going to start doing some longer runs soon?

Monique, sounds a bit like stars in their eyes - "Tonight Monique is......Drew"
  • Options
    fair point BR
    But im a terminal case of low self esteem, no cure
  • Options
    Stickless you didn't offend- I meant it you are funny- the comment about turbo trainer dragging as a new kind of sport.
    Work is a major issue with me at the moment, normally I get ups and downs about it, but this one has lasted for a couple of weeks now, so like a big kid I think there is no end to my misery!
    Barnsley I am very interested in your intense training philosophy.
  • Options
    Evening all,

Congrats to you Swerve on your half, you've sounded a bit fed up lately so doubly good to hear you had a good run.
    Parky, incredible time, what was your position?
    Hippo, well done on your Moonwalk, sounds like a real endurance challenge, wish I could have seen everyone's costumes.

Hope work issues get sorted Monique, it's a b@mmer when you feel you're fighting the system.

What: club session, I thought it would be gentle amble along lanes but turned out to be long hill reps, did 7 before ducking out as my legs were not recovered from my 10K race despite that being on Fri night. Feeling a bit demotivated at the moment, seem to be going backwards after my hardest ever period of training.
    Why: club night is social night, maybe I should stop trying to talk on the hard sections.
    Last hard: Fri
    Next hard: tomorrow. Stupidly agreed to be last minute volunteer treadmill tester for sports science dude who's going to measure my VO2 max in front of secondary students. Hope I don't throw up! That'll put them off running guaranteed.

Otherwise taking it easy this week as that 22 m fell run's coming up on Saturday, probably have Thurs/Fri off completely.
  • Options
    I should have volunteered Barnsleyrunner for the test! BR, what are you doing tomorrow lunchtime?
  • Options
    Wow Laura- hope you pass the vo2 test, just don't do what I did at the Gladiator trials.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah BR could have set the thing on fire.
  • Options
    Laura- it's a bit embarrassing I will tell you at the next Northern Social.
  • Options
    Just re-read that - Gladiator trials?? Did you do that?

Ok, save it for the social, sounds like verbal report is required. (by the way Drew is also interested in your bingo carpet)
  • Options
    I think I have a sample of it wonder if I can scan it- not tried carpet yet.
  • Options
    Not being funny Drew but....

...when you say "longer", what sort of distance(s) do you have in mind? And with what sort of races in mind?
    Tonight's was v much a 1-off before tomorrow's race which will be about 10K in length - though the terrain (particularly the cambered beach with the soft sand) will make it a pretty slow one.

Btw - when I was significantly faster than I am now (about 10 yrs ago, when 6 minute miling was easy), my longest run was just over 4 miles. I simply thrashed 3 or 4 miles, 5 or 6 times a week. Wish it was that easy now.
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Good luck in the race tomorrow Mike S. I too have a 10K tomorrow in East Yorks. on an undulating course, if I get back in time I will endeavour to compose a race report.

Never broken 40 mins on this course after about seven attempts, best 40:07 last year. Will have another try of course.
  • Options
    Good luck Mike S and Wardi in your runs tomorrow.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Well done Parky!

Good luck today for your race Wardi!

Laura-me mad!? and with a 22 mile fell race looming.....Good luck!!

Come on Monique the Northern social is a little too far for me and I'd really like to know what happened on the Gladiator trials!?