Options

Monday 11th May

Morning all

What: 4 easy am, 8pm trying to push pace.

Why: trying to make all evening runs quicker.

Last hard: 10k race yesterday

Last rest: Fri 2nd May

Comments

• Options
    Active recovery
    Gym-cycle, weights, swim
    I think i had a hard day/night at the weekend
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning all!

What:rest
    Why:10k on Wed
    Last hard:yesterday
    Last rest:Sat
  • Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    What: rest
    Why : Kid watching all day as partner working in London

Did you do a report of your ultra walk Benz - if not how did it go - it was at the weekend wasn't it?
  • Options
    iain did the best report popsider
    Its on the moonwalk thread on events
    It was only a marathon you know, cos i was too slow to make the 5 mile race the next day
    unlike vrap

Just read your marathon report
    i am soooooooo jealous
    I could only ever dream about a time like that
    well done!
  • Options
    I think it is the 12th but as it is Monday I will add to the is thread anyway.

What: Spinning class
    Why: Still on minimal-to-no running although managed my plyometric drills and a short hilly plod on Saturday before a hefty sports massage.
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: Thursday (stomach bug - not pretty)
  • Options
    morning all.

What: Cycle to and from work (40 miles)
    Why: Legs tired after racing yesterday.
    Last Hard: 10K race yesterday. Broke 5 year old PB!
    Last Rest: Saturday.

Well done Moonwalkers.

Happy Monday.
  • Options
    Today will be a rest day unless I decide to drag the turbo trainer in front of the telly.
  • Options
    Oh no. Monday morning. Still, it's coffee in 5 mins.

Morning all.

I shall be having a rest today. And I'll stop worrying too much about preparation from now on. Cricket plus beer the day before is now on the list of acceptable pre-race activities.

The Sandringham Half was fab - the most enjoyable race I've done. It was switched late to tracks & pathways around the estate, which made it easy on the aching bits, but it was a bit up and down, so unlikely to get a PB. Still, I only missed by 14 seconds, so I'm well pleased (OK, it can't have been a precise distance because of the nature of the course, but it was there or thereabouts). Felt very good the whole way, and enjoyed the lot.

Hooray.

And hoorays all round for you lot too.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Gosh, dragging a turbo trainer, sounds like very hard cross training.

Seriously, all the best, Monique.

Moonwalkers all, bravo, irrespective of times. I couldn't do it yet. I'm off to read the reports as soon as I've finished this.

The last of this crop of rest days. Pool exercises and short swim. Had a shiatsu maneuvre to try and free up neck again - always knocks me for six, so I'll be glad of an easy day.

I figured out my problem with the pool. The lanes are always very crowded. I don't venture in the fast lane: too much like cycling on the motorway. But I'm too fast for most of the 6-10 folk who must share the intermediate lane. Trying to pass, I speed up, and then muscles get very unhappy, and then I get unhappy.

I guess the thing to do is to swim at my usual speed until I run into the back of someone. Then swim arms alone or legs alone until the end, when it is usually more convenient to overtake.

I'm not going to make much progress until I can take the frustration out of the sport.

• Options
    Morning All,

well done Moonwalkers its a long time to be on your feet, nice one at the Leeds 1/2 Monique and at the Sandringham 1/2, Swerve. Well done to all racers if I've missed you out (trying to actually do some work at the mo, so not concentrating fully on the forums). Did the Frinton 1/2 yesterday and smashed my pb by 2 mins to finish in 1:19:10 and I am well chuffed so today is easy day. Actually this week is easy week so will just be trolleying around for the week.

Have a good one all.

• Options
    What: Nothing :o(

Why: Trying to give the knee/calf a chance to get better

Last hard: Yesterday 100 Lengths swimming

Last rest: Saturday
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Fantastic Parky!

Good luck DBSA - 100 lengths! Golly. Er, I'm not going to tell you how many I swam. But I hope your lane wasn't as crowded as mine!
  • Options
    Parky - wow! What a flyer!

1 degree here and snowing and grey. This is because we have visitors arriving today. The weather here does not favour tourists.

What: 8 miles at marathon pace on muddy bridleways
    Why: cos I have to (the mud is optional)
    Last hard: Hill reps yesterday
    Last rest: Saturday

Last week I ran 52 miles - highest mileage for 4 years - had three hard swimming sessions, went climbing twice, out on the skateboard once and pootled around on the mountain bike a bit too.

And I wonder why I'm tired today!
  • Options
    Hi all

well done all you racers over the w/end some serious good times. Hilly, really excellent report, conveyed the angst brilliantly and shows the benefit of experience

Sunday Funrun 5 miler, 3 miles uphill (7:12, 7:26; 8:00) 2 miles downhill (6:40, 5:47) so I think the markers were wrong or short esp as the last 200m was up a 1in4 (or so it seemed)climb on loose chippings to the line, most intersting finish you ever did see. Ooh and did another 5 miles afterwards ....

had has 2 days rest ahead of this and actually felt quite good even though I had a bit of a bad patch at mile 3 ..

Today: xtrain recovery
    why: ease out the aches
    last hard day : yesterday
    last rest :sat

enjoy
  • Options
    Morning All

what: 8 miles easy
    Why: Should be a rest day but missed my session yesterday.

Last Hard: Saturday
    Last Rest: Yesterday
  • Options
    Blimey, Parky! Two minutes off your PB at that kind of pace is phenomenal! Any tips for the rest of us?
  • Options
    Swerve,

well I did have a curry and a beer the night before so I wonder whether I was ...ahem... wind assisted!

I'll get me coat.....

• Options
    Stickless: I was quite lucky, they had a large lane sectioned of for lane swimmers which i had to myself some of the time. If the pool is too busy i wont even bother going in, it just fustrates me too much and its a waste of my time. the worst time of the week for me to go swimming is ladies night, they swim 4 a breast and just chat Grrrrr, it gets me so wound up. Im only doing it till i can run again, it ISNT thru choice!

LIzzyB: WOW!! where do you find the time?? do you ahve to work?
  • Options
    fat facefat face ✭✭✭
    What: Nowt
    Why : The weekend has caught up with me
    Last Hard: yesterday, Blackpool 10k PB
    Last Easy: Sat. Night drinking sess with the Northern Foumites in Liverpool.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What: 7 miles if it rains between now and 5:30, otherwise I'll be cutting grass.
    Why: Race for Life yesterday meant I didn't do my long run, and also didn't get the grass cut.

RfL was great fun, but I couldn't get up any speed because I started 2/3 of the way back in the "runners" bit and had to dodge lots of walkers, but that's part of the event. Quite happy with my 32 mins, because it felt really comfortable. Just have to work on keeping at that pace for another 23 miles now.......
  • Options
    What: 12 km steady in about an hour

Why: Steady after yesterday's ten miler

Simon
  • Options
    Sfh legs - I guess you did the Portslade 5 as well, there can't be 2 races like that! What an absolute b****r those last 200 m are! Someone has a sick sense of humour.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Ok, that's the rain on, so it looks like it's the 7 miler tonight. Yippee!
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Great time Parky.

What: 10 x 400's ave 75 secs (still a couple of seconds slower than last year!)Won't be happy until I'm doing them in under 70 secs.
    Why: track session
    Last hard: Saturday
    Last rest: 12 days ago, I think
  • Options
    Afternoon everyone. Congrats to all moonwalkers.

What: Hill session on the treadmill for 7 miles in an hour followed by weights and more swimming drills.
    Why: Trying to improve my 10k time for Sunday's race
    Last hard: Friday
    Last rest: Tuesday
  • Options
    What: 5 miles
    Why: schedule
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: saturday
  • Options
    afternoon all. well done Parky and Swerve. Good efforts.

what : swim this morning and club run tonight.
    why : physio advised swim for knee re-hab. Run, well why not eh?
    last hard : Sat
    last rest : yesterday

Need to keep distances low until my orthotics arrive (To correct my different leg lengths which were cause of all my knee grief!).

Wish the bloody things would hurry up.
  • Options
    Good going Parky!

What: Steady 8M on the muddy footpaths in the rain, quite nice really!

Why: Race yesterday, relay race tomorrow.
    I'm only going to do one relay leg tomorrow & hills Wedensday. Possibly leg 4 or 2, I can't decide just yet on the team order!

Last hard: Yesterday
    Last rest: Sat
  • Options
    Cracking time Parky.

What: AM: 5 miles steady
    PM : 4 miles, Laps 1 & 3 very hard, Laps 2 & 4 recoveries.

Why: Today starts the heavy sessions again, with training twice daily ( work permitting )

Last Rest: Last Monday

Last Hard: Todays laps

Being carefull as 10km race on sun
  • Options
    evening all

That really is a remarkable PB improvement Parky. What do you think is possible now?

Might have to think about that as a method of race preparation Swerve. Particularly if my current dismal form continues.

Belated congrats to various moonwalkers.

what: 2.33 miles with last mile downwind, pushing it a bit but not too much
    why: little sharpener for race tomorrow

last hard day: Fri (Sunday's "paddle" comes close)
    last rest day: rest? At this time of year?

Actually did the above in 14:16 and for once felt q lively. Last mile downwind was in 5:47 - would be nice to get my legs used to moving at this speed once more...