Options

English Half Marathon 2010 - Warrington

Hi All

Just received an e-mail about the English Half marathon!

New Balance English Half MarathonSunday 3rd October 2010
Victoria Park WarringtonAmazing Early Bird Offers for 2009 Entrants

After rave reviews of the inaugural NB HM we're back! And we want you back too – Sunday 3rd October 2010. The national launch will take place within the next 2 weeks and we'll be spreading the word far and wide.

All runners who took part in the 2009 New Balance English Half have the unique opportunity to sign up early for 2010 event. Sign up now and receive a FREE NEW BALANCE TECHNICAL T-SHIRT posted to your door by June 1st 2010. You must register before the 28th March to qualify for the free NB tech t-shirt. Make sure you’re at the front of the Q by signing up now via our official online entry agent www.q-buster.co.uk.

This offer is for last year’s runners and friends of last year’s runners only. If you know someone who is interested in running why not tell them about the special offer early bird option. We know you enjoyed this event last year so tell them about your good experience and help us grow this event into one of the biggest events on the running calendar.

Please Note: Prices are frozen at the 2009 entry fee.

Why wait! Get your entry in now!

More News – Sponsors, Route and Website

We are delighted to have secured sponsorship support from New Balance, Warrington Borough Council and NWDA for the 2nd successive year.

All of our sponsors share our long term vision and that is great news for the long term progression of this fantastic running event.

Look out for special offers and newsletters available throughout the build up to the event.

The 2010 route is likely to be amended slightly but will stay within the southern side of the Warrington. More detail to follow shortly.

And finally, the website has also been updated with photos and comments from 2009. Check it out at www.english-half.co.uk.

Comments

• Options
    Enter more than one race!

We are involved in many races throughout the UK in 2010 and want you to enjoy running more of our events. Via the Q-Buster website you can sign up for more than one race and receive further discounts as follows.

Special offer on the following races available until March 28th 2010.

New Balance English Half Marathon (3rd October) – FREE NB TECH TEE – www.english-half.co.uk
    Chris Hoy Edinburgh Half Marathon (18th April) – £2.00 off for 2009 English Half runners by putting in code ENGHALFOFFER – www.edinburgh-half.co.uk
    Dunfermline City Half Marathon (13th June) – £2.00 off for 2009 English Half runners by putting in code ENGHALFOFFER – www.dunfermline-half.co.uk

Contact the Event Team

If you have event questions please feel free to contact the Event Team direct admin@english-half.co.uk.

See you in Warrington on the start line!

The Big-Q Team

If you are unable to see this message please follow the link for the full contents February Entries Open.

http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/i_safe.gif

• Options

Great news its being run again! I was a bit worried it was going elsewhereimage

Why is the course being amended though - I really liked it!

Unless of course Mike plans to flatten it a little, in which case I'm all for that.....image

Well you can count me in!image

• Options
    Oh cool - are you doing that relay thing again ?
  • Options
    I'm in for this again, enjoyed it last year. i thought a couple of parts on the course were quite narrow, maybe there is room for improvement there?
  • Options

Well I'll be entering again, not sure about the route changes but its starting in the same place.

Bit disapointed to see that none of my comments made the comments pages

R

• Options

*puffs chest*

I made Triathlete's World this month!!!!image

(And I've not even darkened the pirates door yet!)

I have the top though but I can't stand the though of Cougie laughing his ass off at me in it!image

• Options
    If I get round the Liverpool half without wanting to collapse at the end then I'll support this one and enter. Recon I should be able to train better for this one as there will be no snow and no asthma for me to contend with
  • Options

I feel your pain Nutty....image

This was a really good race and I thoroughly enjoyed running it last year. Its harder than Liverpool though - no question!

• Options

Hi all,

Quick update,

50 runners signed up over the weekend so far!

Route will probably be pretty similar just improving narrow area's etc.

Car Parking will be improved so everyone can park close by and be bused to the start and then back to their car afterwards!

Look out for the launch coming soon in the press!

Regards

Mike James

Race Director

• Options

I misread that...

I thought it said "everyone can park close by and be ABUSED to the start".......image

Where do I sign?image

• Options

So we can park even closer to the start than we did last year and also get a bus, we're really being pampered this year!

This was my best performance in a race last year, I quite liked the uphill for 6 miles and then downhill for six, made me feel stronger in the second half!

Well it looks like I have my October race sorted, got September covered in the GNR so just need some ideas for June, July and August.

R

• Options

WRW - thanks for the nod about the English Halfer - it was a cracking race last year, so will deffo be up for it again....

What distances are you looking at over summer ?

• Options

WRW, not sure how far it is from you, but the Newark half is in August. I think it's on the 8th this year and is a canny course. Bit of a hill around 11 miles but nothing serious and downhill to the finish.

If you'll travel as far as up here for the GNR, I can also REALLY recommend the Redcar half, 13th June. Flat as a pancake, knocked 7 mins off my time there last year.

Will have a look at the English half, would be an ideal time to race a half to see what to pace my marathon on the 17th at.

• Options

Hi Road Warrior,

I am doing a West Cumbrian Run - 10 miler on July 18th in memory of Bill Barker the Policeman who died on the bridge during the floods in Workington in November.

It will start in Cockermouth and finish in Workington.

Check out my website www.gbevents.net for more detail sometime soon.

Probably launching this in the next couple of weeks. Still working on sponsorship etc.

Regards

Mike

• Options

Mike, are you doing the Carlisle 10k again in August?

Did anything ever come of the 10 miler to Gretna?

(website link is down at the moment)

• Options

I know someone who might well be interested in that run Mike. I'll tip him the nod.....image

Kelly - come and play! You're so flipping speedy you'll whizz round this!

• Options

I'm looking around the half marathon minimum distance (but not too many marathons!) for my 12 month race challenge, I'll probably be doing the 10 miler to Workington though as I was born and raised in that area so will be nice to go back for a good cause.

R

• Options
    LB, I very probably will do it. I just need to double check which marathon I'm doing. Pesky ballot for Kielder, (therefore no travelling costs as just up the road), or Abingdon. If I'm doing Abingdon, might not be able to justify the costs for this half too as they'd both have to be overnighters. I think the ballot (god, don't you hate them) is decided on 12th March so will have a better idea then image.
  • Options

Managed a very slow six miler with a few walking stops last night, I've been sick all last week and this was my second time out. Not too bad but its pretty obvious I need some new shoes.

Fortunately my wife, sick of hanging around at finish lines waiting 2 hours + for me to finish, has decided she is going to enter this half marathon from a fitness base of zero! So i'll be able to pick up a sneaky pair of new NB myself when i go to get hers at shap!

R

• Options

Right, I'm in!

Those of you who will be BEGGING for my bib number on October 2nd, because "you're desperate to run this one" or "you're raising money for charidee and you thought there would be loads of space left to enter on the day" I have one thing to say to you......

SOD OFF!image

Now does that sound harsh? Who's with me?image

• Options

Ha ha, I left it too late for the Liverpool HM in the end, I could have got there as my wife didn't need the car and I read the message from Alan about having very few places left and get in quick and I still didn't enter, then once it was full I wished I had and wanted a number! If I'd really wanted to do it though I'd have got my place months ago.

Settled for a half marathon bike ride instead to Spike Island, it was windy so I felt for you LB.

Well I entered yesterday afternoon for this race and got my free NB t-shirt, hope its neither white or long sleeved as I have quite a few of those now.

Might try and organise a team of relay runners at the office as well

R

• Options

WRW - The last three and a half miles along the front were BRUTAL! My skin was like ice and I just kept pushing but there were times when I thought that the running was actually SO HARD it was just as quick to fast walk and save a bit of energy!

BRILLIANT race though. Could not fault a single aspect of the organisation. Great medal, top (long sleeved) t-shirt and great crowds!

I will definitely be back there next year.

Good news you're in the English now WRW! I don't care what the t-shirt looks like - I have millions in all colours. And being a girl - I've never got enough!image

• Options

Completed my first half marathon on Sunday in Liverpool, really enjoyed it and was looking for another to take part in.

Was thinking of entering this one.

Kerry

• Options

Kerry - do it! You did great in Liverpool!

This one is tougher but you're well capable! Its a good course and I think you'll enjoy it!

• Options

Got to agree, it is a great event. I'm in the Blackpool half in a couple of weeks but haven't actually been able to do any training for it whatsoever as my foot is injured. I've been cycling though

R

• Options
    Doing New York in November so have sent off my entry for this when do we get numbers details etc??
  • Options

I can't remember Slowfoot! If I had them now, I'd lose them!

I'd rather they were sent out a fortnight before the race!image

I'm due to be IN NYC in November so I'll give you a cheer if I see you! Let me know your bib number - you never know I might spot you!image It always gives me a lift if somebody's at my race!

• Options
    Think im definatly going to enter this one, going wait till i get paid though.

Kerry
  • Options

LB

Will do

Thinking of wearing my Love the Glazers hate Utd t/shirt

• Options

Catchy slogan, lol!

If i recall last time they sent out numbers close to the race itself, it makes sense otherwise you need to pay someone to be sending them out for months as opposed to all at once.

Think the t-shirts are coming sooner though

R