Options

Just wanted to say hi....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hey RB- not on here much myself these days I am slaving away to create a home from a wreck we bought. Great to see your thread and be able to give you a cheery wave.
  • Options

Hi all....and thanks for the nice words....it's good to hear from you...(sob!)....Debbo, to answer your question we are meeting at the end of May to go on holiday to Spain...it was a cheap holiday when booked from England but gets considerably more expensive from Kuwait!.....then we are hoping to meet in Athens for another holiday....then Jo is coming here in November and I will be going home for Christmas....

I am still vaguely looking to see if I can get a job based back in the UK but it's a bit difficult when you think about arranging interviews etc....so might not be a realistic option.....

We've had a few rainstorms recently but to day is one of those days when you know it's going to be a bit warm...predicting mid 30's today....I think I'll go to the gym tonight....

• Options

Hi kk,

Yep, I certainly did!!! It was like discovering an Oasis.....all I have to do now is learn to make my own...

There is one couple who are leaving in July and they have offered to donate to me their 'equipment'.....so I'm thinking to knock up a few litres of a nice Chardonnay.....

• Options
    BTW, you're online early!!!
  • Options
    Its an age thing .. her bladder aint what it used to be
  • Options

FNAR!!!

...and I guess you are on duty....or another bathroon call?

• Options

hey howdie! well done on the job!

hello from dubai you should come down here for some R & R.

Snorks

• Options
    Snorks...Dubai would be pretty decent just now...I know a few people there and TBH when I was first interviewed for this job I thought that's where it would be based...still...it's only a cheap flight away....I may weel get there for some R&R soon....
  • Options
    image sleepings great - I feel for you
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that kk....something on your mind? I get that from time to time....pretty horrible as you tend to feel knackered all the time....
  • Options
    agreed i hate not sleeping, i normally get it the night before a race of if ive got something big on at work.

sleep well KK image
  • Options

Well, should be another hash tonight, but I might give it a miss as I am running 12k tomorrow at 7am....and it's getting hotter all the time....I was a sweaty mess last week but we did start at 7.45 so it'll just get earlier until it becomes stupidly hot, I guess....can get up to over 50 degrees in the summer....yikes!!!

12k will be my furthest run for some time...just shows how bad things have got...and there was me sneaking a look at the 'what the pirates did next' thread....as if....I think IMs are well and truly over for me...but I can do warm (fecking hot) weather training! image image

• Options
    mmmmm - im off out for a 180km ride tomorrow morning and then a 10km run afterwards with some friends. due to the weather (heat) we are setting off at 2.30am.

my in-laws are stuck with us at the mo and have been since last thursday, qatar airways are being carp about getting them back, and the earliest theyre been booked on a flight is 4th may image so i'm wish that i could during the day just to get out the apartment rather than train at night.

ah well could be worse........
  • Options
    HI Ratbag ... good to here from you again
  • Options

Hi WW....nice to be back matey...hope things are going well for you...

Snorks 2.30am sounds mad but I totally understand why...still winter training should be quite nice...I bet 4th May can't come round soon enough

So now for anyone who actually trains, I have contacted a cold....can't believe it when the temp outside is about 35 or so....basically a few building and a lot of fecking desert...how can that happen?

Anyway, is there anything behind the advice I have heard that you shouldn't train with a cold or is it just OK to carry on?? I am planning to go to the gym tonight even though I feel carp.....

Cheers,

RB

• Options

Evening Ratty,

Well it is, in my part of the world at the moment.

Re the cold as long as it is in the head, then I would say light stuff in general is ok. If on the chest, then take a few days off.

Re the falling down liquid, try and get an invite to the local Embassy parties! These will not be dry!

• Options

i think symptoms above the neck fine, below the neck not fine is the general thinking.

sounds like an ideal training location for some sort of hot race. didnt Jo fancy the MdS?

• Options

GOM, thanks...where are you? S.E. Asia?

oxy....how ya doing matey? I was wondering what had happened to you////still looking for a sub 3.30 mara? Where will that be? Jo did fancy the MdS but didn't fancy the cost of it.....anyway it's a bit gaylord now you've done it!

Thanks for the advice on the training so I'll pop to the gym as it is basically all above neck, apart from a bit of coughing....

• Options

Thanks guys....I went to the gym last night and it was fine....I even feel a bit better today so for the want of something better to do, I'll go to the gym again tonight.....

dog, it's boring here......really missing my wife........still, I am slowly getting fitter....

• Options
    God Ratty that all sounds a bit dire - I hope you've got a good stash of books and dvds to keep you entertained. Glad you are feeling a bit better today. image
  • Options
    ratbag - there are always those sites on the internet to keep you company you know - the ones with ladies not wearing much and having fun with assorted gentlemen who it seems are not wearing much either - bizarre if you ask me as they lights are usually on.....don't understand it myself.....

**cough**

• Options

Hi Waff....have stash of books but no DVDs...I think I'll remedy that when I get back to the UK, albeit briefly at the end of May......

fb, even I were to go in search of such internet sites....they are banned here.....or so I'm told.....

**cough**

Lights on????? Disgraceful!!! I mean, you'd be able to see.........you know.......things!!!!! Ourageous!!!!

• Options
    Yep I was in Malaysia, but thank the lord I'm back in the UK now image
  • Options
    Ratbag wrote (see)

oxy....how ya doing matey? I was wondering what had happened to you////still looking for a sub 3.30 mara? Where will that be?

Oh yes,  the holy grail !!!
  • Options
    Hi there Ratbag, a bet you feel like a bit of a castaway with all that sand. 

Do you want us to start sending Red Cross parcels image
  • Options
    Barlist....yes please matey....could you include a little.....alcohol??? image
  • Options

Meldy....I thought it might prove a little bit out of reach but oxy is an aferlete.....isn't he?

Oh and by the way, I think I might enter the Dubai marathon....I'm going to check it out this morning.....it will give me something to target....as I'm sure I won't get in to VLM....