Options

Berlin Marathon

Comments

• Options
    If you did need a med cert, coopers row would glady do one for you!
  • Options
    thank Sarah. Better today on throwing up front but hamstring feeling worse. Not too concerned as had a similar niggle pre NY and was able to manage it thru the race.
  • Options
    David M, what from Dr. Andthemedics?
  • Options
    YOU DONT NEED A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE>

Right anoother list coming up

Who is going to the Expo and when

Plum After the breakfast run
    H After the breakfast run if she gets out of bed!
  • Options

laura H 9am on saturday

• Options
    God knows when i will be going but will depend on Carpet knowing where to go and following him, (limping on damaged hamstring whilst throwing up in the street)

It's all getting very exciting now
  • Options
    No coopers i was thinking more Dr Doolittle!

laura H 9am on saturday
    David M Midday Friday
  • Options
    9.00 Laura you are barking, fancy geting up at that time...................
  • Options
    I know - my thoughts exactly, its not my idea though, I am meeting up with an Italian who I met during the Rome marathon and I think they are worried about queues. I however have accepted there will be queues at any time. I am collecting another persons number as well though so it might work out for the best.
  • Options
    Good luck, everyone!

As one or two of you know, I was on the injury bench for over a month and have reluctantly taken the decision to withdraw. Still, I'll be supporting on the day (a female friend is going for a Commonwealth Games qualifying time for Scotland)and will cheer on as many of you as I recognise.

I hope to call in at the Oscar Wilde pub at some stage too.
  • Options
    Oh no

Anybody but you

I went to germany to escape from the dreaded SB and Lo and Behold ........

Be nice to see you lanky!
  • Options
    Cheers, Plum...I love you too! ;-)

Not so lanky at the moment I might add....
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    To save me trawling back several pages, can someone remind me which strasse the Oscar Wilde is on, thanks. Beer after 26.2 miles always tastes nicer somehow!

I arrive on Thursday teatime, Expo probably Friday am.
  • Options
    Doylie - suspect we'll get there about 1.30 - it'll be simple - get off plane, taxi to hotel, drop off bag, get in taxi to expo. How you getting to heathrow?
  • Options
    Carpet i love the simplicity.....now we are sorted will just have to remember the pub directions SIS gel, painkillers, best Irish rugby shirt, and a copy of the words to the Fields of Athenry.

Hi Susie, be glad to see you, as always, make sure you come to the Oscar Wilde pub and share a beer/red wine or 2 as we celebrate the end of our alcohol drought.

Wardi..here you go

U-bahn station Oranienberger Tor on the U6 line is easiest as it's right next to pub, which is on Friedrichstrasse (112a). Familiarise yourself with outside appearance of pub by going to http://www.oscar-wilde-irish-pub.de
    You can look at a Berlin transport system map there too..

• Options
    Alright Coopers R? Up to much? Any foreign trips planned?

Glad to hear you are a bit better today Carpet. Sure the hamstring will be fine.

7 miler Monday, 6 miler today. Rest day tomorrow - I could get used to this tapering lark. Think I'm going to take Thursday off work as well and go and watch the Seve trophy golf.

laura H 9am on saturday
    David M Midday Friday
    Pseudo Friday evening 7ish
  • Options
    Forgot to ask - Carpet - did you decide on a wrist band? When Jenny (who you met in Paris) did Dublin she had THREE wrist bands to cover all scenarios and she beat the best of them by 17 minutes! I missed her finish as I was in the pub!

I've printed wrist band myself for optimistic goal. Just hoping it's a still day, carbo load goes well and it all just happens on the day.

• Options
    AS it happens pseudo I have printed off 4! 2 different times but in km's and miles.

You must have been popular scoffing on the pints whilst Jenny was crossing the line. Glad you are enjoying the taper - i don't feel as though i've done enough to justify tapering but thought it best to do so anyway. Had a slow 40 min run tonight - hammy still niggly.
  • Options
    Have most people on this thread already met at previous races/clubs or are most people going to meet for the first time post race?
  • Options
    Sorry to hear SB but look forward to seeing you!

What's all this 'H if she gets out of bed business...'? More like 'H if she can walk' at the moment with this groin thing...
  • Options
    Laura

I think most people are strangers, I know H and I think Carpety and Doylie are aquainted but for the rest it will be a nasty shock ...... going there expecting finely honed athletes and finding me!

H i will pick you up from the airport but i aint carrying you round Berlin ............. Even with your slim svelte figure i would struggle.........
  • Options
    Sorry to crash in again, but just wanted to say Hello to Pseudo. Good to hear from you mate - I'm doing Paris again with the Motley Crue - you going over?

We need you to answer the escalator questions in the pub quiz afterwards, and go for a run around the boozer! (private joke)
  • Options
    Yep, Doylie and I know one another - live local to each other. Also, I met David M and Pseudo in paris earlier this year. Not prepeared to acknowledge this bloke CoopersRow who keeps crashing the forum
  • Options
    I am literally scarred for life from the Frog and Rosbif! The gash in my leg from the 'warm down' run around the pub didn't heal very well!

Currently thinking about Rotterdam / FLM for the spring, but did really enjoy Paris last year.

Any tips for Berlin?
  • Options
    Oops, sorry to hear that! But you were doing so well, we thought it was only fair you volunteered!!

My tip for Berlin - Run it as fast as you can. Wise words eh? Other than that, I don't think I can give a sub 3hr man any tips!

Carpet, tut tut.

• Options
    .................. and get the first round in in the pub unless you want to incurr H's wrath .................... not a pretty sight
  • Options
    Good luck you lot....erm have you seen the forecast re. snow for Sunday ;-0
  • Options
    Just reminded me - 5 day forecast from BBC now available:

Sunny intervals

Sunrise 6:54 (CET )
    Sunset 19:01 (CET )

Max 21°C
    Min 14°C
    Wind 6 mph from South
    Visibility moderate
    Pressure 1017 mbar
    RH 61 %

Looks canny to me.
  • Options
    Feelin down. After allowing myself to get all excited about this weekend it looks like my friend and accomodation share, who I also haven't seen for ages might not be able to fly over thus back to being on my own. It has really deflated me ;(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Laura. On the positive side, at least you've loads of nice people to meet in the pub after the run ha ha!

I know where you're coming from as I'll be on my own for Amsderdam (if I do it) and New York marathons myself.