Options

Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Options
    I'm having a good day today. No rants to report! image
  • Options

Dear BT

1. why on earth does it cost £127 to reconnect a sodding phone line?!?!  I bet the engineer that comes out sees feck all of that money image

2. Surely you must have an appointment before Nov 26th?!?!?!!?!? imageimage

Yours Annoyed,

Internet-Free Pea*

*at home that this.  No arsebook for a month imageimageimage  Probably isn't a bad thing right enough.... image

• Options
    Not even on your phone Lee? image
  • Options

Dear weather

thanks really thanks I am so looking forward to the ride home I mean its not as if its proper rain - proper rain I can cope with not this slightly soggy damp fog you are throwing at me

• Options
    I've given you a box of tissues, I keep asking if you're ok, I've offered you decongestants - what i really want to say is "Snop F***ING sniffing!!  Blow your freakin nose!  It's gross, I don't want to hear your sinuses gurgle and then you gulp as you swallow, it makes me feel sick, I'm trying to eat my feckin lunch!"
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    Not even on your phone Lee? image

Na, i've not got a fancy new app-type phone, so internet is no use on it.  I think i'll succumb to a crappy dongle for a month.  I think the general consensus is that they're not much cop, but I can get a pay as you go for £25!

Katiecom wrote (see)
    I've given you a box of tissues, I keep asking if you're ok, I've offered you decongestants - what i really want to say is "Snop F***ING sniffing!!  Blow your freakin nose!  It's gross, I don't want to hear your sinuses gurgle and then you gulp as you swallow, it makes me feel sick, I'm trying to eat my feckin lunch!"
    image Nightmare Katie.  I'm lucky enough to work in an environment where we can say what we like - I work with a bunch of guys, and you couldn't be too sensitive to work there, I tell you.  When the guy opposite me started sniffing, I just thrust a box of tissues at him and he took the hint, luckily!!!  Hope things are better today for you! If not, get earplugs...
  • Options

Dear friend.

I don't like your husband. He's a lazy git and I think he should stop sitting on his arse and go out and get a job and stop leeching off benefits. He's not ill, he's not incapacitated, he's just playing the system.

He also spouts a lot of crap. I don't know anyone that actually respects him. They like YOU but sometimes when you're defending him, you sound like him.

And he had the cheek to delete ME from FB! image

Well no tears shed there then.

• Options
    My ex that I work with is getting fat, and it amuses me.  Now, I know i'm no Kate Moss, but I know he'll be bothered about putting on weight. image
  • Options
    Dear last night’s 'hot' date

Do you not know that the opposite of love is not hate - it’s indifference?

Do you not know that while you’re busy hating and stewing about your ex you’re still in an emotional relationship?

Do you not understand that the line between love and hate is wafer thin and your strong emotional attachment to hating said ex is preventing you from moving forward and is seen by others as a hugely unattractive quality?

Are you not aware that festering on their longed for downfall is a huge diversion of emotional energy from your psyche and can only have negative long and short term consequences for you?

Pick yourself up, dust yourself down, have a good cry, learn a few lessons about yourself, move on free of emotional attachment and entanglement for a dream which has died?

But if you simply must be motivated by hate rather than love; remember - nothing wounds an egotist than indifference to their very existence.

Here endeth the lesson.

Please send your $120 cheque to Corinthian Relationship Counselling C/O UN Peace Keeping Force Gaza Strip.

(I need to make a fast buck to keep that grasping fat ginger bitch of an ex wife in fish suppers and sticky toffee pudding, I hope it chokes the mental old slapper for how she done me baaaad... I hope her lungs collapse, I hope she gets vampire crabs... Die die you evil pasty faced swivel eyed loon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • Options
    Ginger? How rude.
  • Options

Dear HR

You manipulative thiefing bunch of cnuts (and I don't use this word lightly).

So you think you can do me out of a whole year of money because my last year is 48 hours short of a full year??

So to clarify...?  for 4 years and 363 days you want to pay me.... 4 years worth??!!

Well we'll see about that!

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Corinthian wrote (see)
    (I need to make a fast buck to keep that grasping fat ginger bitch of an ex wife in fish suppers and sticky toffee pudding, I hope it chokes the mental old slapper for how she done me baaaad... I hope her lungs collapse, I hope she gets vampire crabs... Die die you evil pasty faced swivel eyed loon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Ha ha, love it.  Hope you followed up the ex hating comments with something along those lines
  • Options
    Johnny Blaze wrote (see)
    Ginger? How rude.
    image - "ginger" should not be used as an insult!
  • Options
    Corinthian wrote (see)
    Do you not know that the opposite of love is not hate - it’s indifference? Do you not know that while you’re busy hating and stewing about your ex you’re still in an emotional relationship?

<applause>

They do say that bearing a grudge against someone is like taking poison yourself, and hoping they get sick

• Options
    Angel - I knew I'd made a wrong move when the iPhone photo album came out after five minutes.

'This is the nasty horrible unfaithful fecker feeding a dolphin... and this is the loser getting his masters degree... look you can see evil in his eyes'

;-)
  • Options
    Dear PR recruitment consultants (particularly the one set based north of Oxford street) why did I bother registering with you, taking an afternoon off work, talking through all my experiences, and what I want in a new role? For the last two weeks you have been advertising roles that at first glance seem to be ideal for me, and yet you've not called or emailed or anything. In fact, when I emailed you and pointed out that I was keen to learn more about a couple of jobs, you totally ignored my email.
  • Options
    Corinthian wrote (see)
    Angel - I knew I'd made a wrong move when the iPhone photo album came out after five minutes. 'This is the nasty horrible unfaithful fecker feeding a dolphin... and this is the loser getting his masters degree... look you can see evil in his eyes' image
    Don't tell me -- you found her on the web?
  • Options
    Yeah, that is definitely when you know you're onto a loser.  Definitely sounds like she's still in love tho.
  • Options
    Mike... nope friend of the boss... nice analogy BTW
  • Options
    Corinth I have dated men like that - I don't htink any got a second date
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Just FUCK OFF, Ok.

You only asked me that question so that you could prove that you knew the answer, and thought I wouldn't, so you would look better than me.  It backfired a bit didn't it?  Your solution would have required a major change in how we do things, whereas mine would have the same output for minimal work.  You managed to deflect things slightly by changing the topic and moving on to something else (which I also knew more about than you), but you have still only been here 2 months and I've been here 8 years, so it is likely that I may know more about our systems than you.

It was quite nice overall, but it did just waste half an hour of my time for no output, and we are all under major workload pressure.

So thanks for wasting my time, arse.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Look, I just told you to fuck off, didn't I.  Why did you come back?

Oh, you didn't hear it. image

• Options
    Nam wrote (see)

Dear HR

You manipulative thiefing bunch of cnuts (and I don't use this word lightly).

So you think you can do me out of a whole year of money because my last year is 48 hours short of a full year??

So to clarify...?  for 4 years and 363 days you want to pay me.... 4 years worth??!!

Well we'll see about that!

imageimageimageimage

Noooooooooooooo (((Nam)))  That is shocking hun.  I do hope you can get this sorted.  There will likely be employment law peeps on here who could help.  Or HR bods that might know a way round this.

CALLING JWRUN!!!!! 

Actually, i'm seeing her later for dins-dins; i'll try to remember to ask her to look on here, if she doesn't see it first...

• Options

Sadly my union rep confirmed that if they have my start date correct they can indeed do this.  I am absolutely tamping!!!  image

Initially everyone who applied for voluntary severance was expected to leave in February.  My boss begs us to stay til the end of March to finish off some work.  We are flexible and agree.  And look what they give you in return. It's absolutely abysmal!!!

• Options

Happened to me years back

Some people will go August 1st, some will go Sep 1st. And Dave you can go today, Cos that way you don;t manage 15 years only 14... bastids

• Options
    I mean why not work it out by months or something...  I wouldn't grumble losing a month, but to lose a year cos you're 48 hours down just takes the piss...  image
  • Options

Regretably them's the rules and it is completely rubbish but if you don't stick by the absolute letter then you run the risk of other people claiming somebody got preferential treatment and therefore they were discriminated against. 

You could try asking for a later finish date so being entitled to the extra money.  As you've done them a favour by staying on they may just extend the finish date by a couple of days, expecially if you have holidays outstanding you could use a couple of them as they'd have to pay you for them anyway.

• Options
    I think the email i had today implies that the 31.3. date is non negotiable but I'll have a go...  image
  • Options
    Can you work a little overtime to get it?
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  The boss is on holiday and I'll speak to her when she gets back but they (corporate HR) aren't stupid.  I reckon they've thought of everything.  They only think of their advantage.  image