Options

Liverpool Parkrun

Comments

• Options
    We are holding a trial-run on Saturday and need 20+ runners. If you'd like to come down and join us we are meeting around 8:45 in Princes Park aiming to start at 9. If you don't want to run don't worry we still need volunteers!

If you have not been to a parkrun before you need to register for your own personal barcode on the parkrun site . Print this out and bring it along with you so we can record your time.

We will endeavour to get your time right but you might have to go easy on us as it's our first event!
  • Options

Hi Russell,

I just found this because I was surprised that there was no parkrun in Liverpool and seem to be searching on the right day. So where exactly in Princes Park are we meeting? It's great for me as I  just literally moved in over the road - can't wait!

Shelly

• Options

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/rburnhamwk/PrincesParkMeetingPoint.jpg

Hi Shelly,

I was surprised there were no parkruns in Liverpool too! We are meeting at the end of Windermere Terrace - circle marks the spot. I see you've found our Facebook page. Our webite will be here. Don't forget to register and print out your barcode beforehand. Hope to see you on Saturday!

Russell

• Options
    I have registered sounds good fun!! See you there image
  • Options
    Excellent! See you there!
  • Options

Wow, What a great event! 14 volunteer marshals, 14 runners and 1 dog turned up to our Trial-Run this morning. Everything went to plan including the timing! It was pretty cold out there but I think everyone enjoyed it! Many thanks to Shane for directing, the volunteers who made it happen and the runners for taking part!

Our first parkrun will be on Saturday 26/3. We are hoping for 30-60 runners and will need 14 volunteers. We will be making changes based on your feedback. Please make sure if you have not already done so you have registered with parkrun and have printed out your personal barcode.

Princes parkrun trial-run Results:

1. 21:52 James Phillips
    2. 25:05 Stephanie Bullock
    3. 25:08 Garthr Crossley
    4. 25:46 Martin Wilby
    5. 26:51 Shane
    6. 26:51 Natalie Cooper
    7. 27:00 Paul Dimeck
    8. 27:51 Andrea Connolly
    9. 28:56 Marcellina Boyle
    10. 28:56 Shelly Kemp
    11. 30:17 Andrew Stansfield
    12. 33:18 Dianna Osayande
    13. 36:34 Ruth Mount + dog

Justin Baddeley - joined us for the 2nd lap.

• Options
    Only just spotted this thread and it sounds great !! Just about to register and get my barcode , Looking forward to it !! Just gutted I'll miss the first as it's the day before Liverpool half image
  • Options

Really enjoyed the run on Saturday and looking forward to official start I enjoyed being a 'guinea pig' image

Jack you could just do warm up jog around the park just stretch your legs out a bit before the half!!

• Options

Or you could help us marshal the course! image

• Options
    I don't mind coming and helping out ? Be nice to see what goes on at these parkruns
  • Options
    That would be great! Volunteers are meeting at 8am.
  • Options

Jack As someone who went down last Saturday as a runner and became a volunteer, I can highly recommend going down and not running.

• Options
    SD , I'm definitely going there to volunteer and it'll be nice to meet a load of likeminded people who know that there's two 8'o'clocks in a day , as apposed to my friends who will be nursing hangovers till lunch time !! Can't wait to actually be running it every week though !! I'm curious ? How come you went to run but ended up a volunteer ??
  • Options
    Jack sparra wrote (see)
    SD , I'm definitely going there to volunteer and it'll be nice to meet a load of likeminded people who know that there's two 8'o'clocks in a day , as apposed to my friends who will be nursing hangovers till lunch time !! Can't wait to actually be running it every week though !! I'm curious ? How come you went to run but ended up a volunteer ??

I am currently in recovery mode (I ran a marathon on 06th March). I ran 5km to the park and had a 5km run home. I was never planning on racing the parkrun, so I said if people where needed to help rather than run I was happy to help as the run itself was not the main reason I was there.

I was there to show my support for the parkrun rather than for the 5k run itself.

All going well I will be down next Saturday, I again plan to run but not race as I am hoping to PB at  the Liverpool Half the day after.

• Options
    I too am hoping for a pb at Liverpool , which is guaranteed really as it's my first half marathon !! image
  • Options
    If you're going along to volunteer make sure you register with parkrun beforehand, then your volunteering gets recorded and you get points for doing so.
  • Options
    Hi all, registered for the park run and so looking forward to running this when work permits.Will be there on the 26th and a big thank you to the volunteers and organises who have set this up.
  • Options

hi everyone, have register on website, and will be they on the 26th, a nice short run before the long one on Sunday.

• Options

Hi,

Do you still need volunteers for next Sat? I'm not running this week but can come and help out. I've registered with parkrun, is that all I need to do - apart from show up at 8 obviously?!

• Options
    Hi JC, we could always do with more volunteers! Just turn up at 8.
  • Options

Russ and the team, best of luck for Saturday. I'd have loved to be there for the first event but will be going away on holiday.

I've done a few of the Parkruns in Manchester and I think they're the best thing to happen in running for years.

Will be seeing you soon.

• Options
    Thanks Bill. Hope to see you at Princes parkrun soon.
  • Options

I'm in Liverpool for the Half, so the new parkrun will make a nice warmup on Saturday.

Any suggestions on parking as don't know area?

More concerned with safety than closeness, but is it ok to park on windermere terrace?

• Options
    Hi Andrea. Windermere Terrace is fine or any of the roads off Ullet Road or around Sefton Park. See you tomorrow!
  • Options
    BRILLIANT race ! Cheers guys - fantastic effort and great marshalling. Little cougie really enjoyed it !
  • Options

THANKS Russell and the team,i really enjoyed the race and the atmosphere today,even though i wasnt too happy with my run, but hey, i can try again next saturday or the week after.

i`m sure this weekly meeting is gonna be a roaring success,if today set the standard of organisation and marshalling and friendliness then anyone in the Liverpool area would be mad to miss this little gem of a race

AND BEST OF ALL IS ITS FREE!!!!!!!

• Options
    Concur with everything cougie and Jakesy have said.Thanks for all the hard effort everyone has put in to get this run of the ground.If I am not working on a Saturday I will be there.
  • Options

Agree with the above posts. Great run, great marshalling and nice friendly atmosphere. Thanks for all the hard work put in over the last few months.

I ran too quickly today, plan was a nice slow bimble prior to tomorrow, but I got carried away. Hopefully bodes well for improving my PB. 

• Options

Thanks everyone. Why does it have to rain on Saturday mornings?