Options

Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• Options

Boo! image

Dan was good enough to stay for another couple of weeks. I don't want to any more of stupid Nancy and her tarty clothes! And we've still got Lulu!

• Options
    Yep I reckon it's the Anton factor keeping her in.
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Dan? Seriously?!

I should think people are voting for Anton rather than Nancy image

• Options
    Perhaps people are voting for Nancy because they can't wait to see how bad she is next week?
  • Options
    Was delighted to see Nancy in the bottom two and a bit surprised that Dan was the second. Felt sure Nancy would go.  Wrong as usual image
  • Options
    Bum... thought our luck was in when Nancy was in the bottom two. I feel sorry for Dan. He wasn't great but had potential. Nancy is just embarrassing.
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Travesty. Don't think Dan was good enough to win, but he was much better than a lot of the others. Even Lulu, much as I dislike her, had improved a lot. But keeping Nancy it - must be the car crash element.

Russell was fab and I really hope he stays for ages. Still rooting for Audley, Robbie and now Alex too.
  • Options
    Agree with everyone else, Nancy should have gone, not Dan. I really can't stand her.
  • Options

Dreadful, dreadful outcome - who on Earth is voting for that woman?! Surely it's not Anton's fans? He doesn't even look like he is enjoying it at all. Maybe he has a lot of enemies....?

Highlights for me this week were.... Alex - I thought she was fabulous, so simple and elegant and graceful. Splendid! Chelseeeee - still think she's doing better than I ever expected, and she's fun to watch. Jason and Holly were great but in typical British fashion I prefer to see someone discover an ability they've never used, rather than just being predictably good. Always back the underdog lol! And Rory..... was just fabulous, of course image. Russell is still brilliant - bless him. All in all, a great show apart from the wrong person going home.

The Footloose lot were pretty good too, weren't they? Julianna Hough is amazing. I think I'd quite like to see the film, it's getting great reviews.

• Options

I couldn't believe the result on Sunday. My screaming of "NOOOOOOO!" even brought Raffles in from the kitchen to see what had happened. A note to Anton fans: for the sake of our hero's sanity, PLEASE STOP VOTING FOR HIM!

I think Harry has great potential but is hampered by Aliona's dodgy choreography. I still haven't forgiven her for the tumble fest that was Matt's show dance.

Jason was ace but he does need to start looking at posture and the good ol' "top line". Performance will take him a long way but the judges will start to get picky soon.

Rory, of course, was fabulous. And I admited in public yesterday that I havie a crush on him image

• Options

looks like we're all in agreement! I even thought Anton looked disappointed to have to stay in

and Rory is a sweetie image

• Options

Having seen Robbie's appearance on "Loose Women" last week I have to say he comes across as rather shy and sweet, not at all like his footballing bad boy image. I think I'm switching allegiance!

Caveat - no, I don't watch "Loose Women" every day, I'm usually safely at work when they're on!

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Ultra Ironwolf  wrote (see)

Caveat - no, I don't watch "Loose Women" every day, I'm usually safely at work when they're on!

Phew - you had me worried there.

I must admit, Robbie has "something", and it's not just the Welsh accent (which I do love).  He just seems so nice and really surprised that he likes dancing. 

• Options

Rory's the man, what a lovely man.....

(I can still fantasise about Artem in  the buff though cant I.......)image

• Options

Before the series started I thought Nancy might go first week being a foreigner (real foreigner not almost British Australian image) Also she isn't really a celebrity and third I suspected she might be a little mad. So I felt a bit sorry for her, not a lot mind. However having seen her dance I thought she should be first out. Could live with Edwina going last week but had to be Nancy this week.

It is a bit strange because as she was bottom two she obviously isn;t getting many votes but just enough to prevent her going. Not sure if it is Anton voters or Italian Restaurant owners that are keeping her in but frankly I can;t stand the women plus she can;t dance. Please send her home next week.

Apart from that I think it is quite open. Jason is clear favourite although I also tend to think he has the most background. Not an out and out dancer but he has done musicals. He will go al lthe way to the final I suspect BUT may get caught out there, we'll see.

Alex is getting a lot better as are Robbie and Rory. Chelsee is a lot better than I ever imagined as well. Russell is sort of the comic figure, except that for his size he is actually pretty light on his feet and I think needs to be pushed to try a serious attempt at a dance.

Best line of the night was Craig telling Russell to me more masculine. Politically incorrect it may have been but I was rolling around the floor. Sorry I should say ROFL !

• Options
    Nancy is on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Radio 2 on Friday. He said this morning that he is a little scared about meeting her...
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Just caught up on both shows on iplayer sat in a hotel lobby whilst Mr TS is at a meeting - great way to while away a couple of hours! Fab show I thought, they were all quite good - even Nancy was better!!

Thought Lulu was useless, Brendan danced around her whilst she stretched now and then.

Anita's made me tear up image. She just seems to love it so much.

Alex was lovely again and I am really warming to her personality. Doing Latin again may be her undoing though?

Jason, Holly, Chelsee and Harry all good

Falling in lust with Robbie image

Wasn't too bothered about Dan going, something 'arrogant' about him I didn't like.

• Options
    Did anyone see Lulu on ITT? I loathe her more now than I did before. Who knew that was possible?!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

I only caught the very end of her interview Len, and that was more than enough.  Poor Brendan (never thought I'd say that!).

I caught a bit of Nancy on Chris Evans this morning on the way to work, and although her dancing is probably still awful, I have warmed to her a bit.  I think some of the "oh look at wonderful me" is actually her trying to be funny, but it's coming across wrong because of her accent.

So Lulu out next, then Nancy, rather than the other way round. image

• Options
    I wouldn't mind a double eviction image
  • Options
    LOL image - me neither - just so long as it was the right one.............and it seems there are no guarantees after last week image
  • Options

Finally caught up with this week's ITT. I don't know if it's because I'm a bit ill (stupid cold image), or because I'm nervous about the rugby tomorrow (good luck France!) but none of the dances are standing out this week.

Everyone seems to be struggling and some of them look like they're going to be car crashes - Rory's cha cha image, Nancy's paso image

So somebody needs to pull it out of the bag and wow me!

• Options

Miss Jones Strictly Blogspot

Heres the blog again - I've just put a link up to save copying out cos I'm busy today.  Can't wait for tonight. Not watched much ITT so don't know what to expect really.

edit - this link shows comments

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Good blog that Soupy. Not good at links but think I mentioned it before; Nicole Cutler does one and it is really good and informative.

Really looking forward to tonight. Have been doing lots of work in the garden so can sit with wine and choccies without any guilt image

Hopefully Lulu's last week, then Nancy next week. Not sure where I go after that?

Len - Zoe asking Lulu how she looks so good - she puts it down to good diet, genes etc imageimage Oh how I laughed ...
  • Options

I was screaming "Plastic Surgery!" at the TV for that bit, TS image

I forgot I've agreed to go to the cinema tonight so I'll have to watch later on tonight or tomorrow.

• Options

Thanks TS - I've found it:

Nicole Cutlers blog

Nothing comes even close to JfW and Hammy though. image

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Bring back the dance-off - at least the judges would get rid of the bad dancers if they could .

This evening we are having a few friend round for pizza and SCD image

• Options
    come on Jason! image
  • Options
    Ouch! "You looked great when you were standing still!" image
  • Options
    Moustache and hat looked more Mexican than Spanish