Options

My name is ???????? and i am gonna seriously get my sh!t in one sock

Comments

• Options

Lee, I'm the same, always have cold hands and will quite often run with vest and gloves, hands got too hot yesterday so carried them which is a bit of a half way house, and shedded them completely this morning. Meldy, blimey.

• Options

Nice one RBM. 

+1 for gloves and vest. Hands must be warm. 

Bike+run done. Earn my buffet breakfast. Ooh donuts! 

• Options

Macscully needs to get a serious amount of running in his sock

Started today with a 6k lunch dash...

• Options

Thats a long way for lunch ... nothing closer  ?? image

• Options

often get lost on way to canteen, pure luck I found my way back... sadly also found my desk which dampened my friday afternoon mood...

• Options

afternoon folks, i hope everyone is having a great weekend image 

PT sesh for me this morning. I must admit i felt a bit devoid of energy beforehand, so it was tough. Couldn't deadlift the first weight i tried, even though i'd lifted it last week, so when went down then crept the weight back up. Did loads of sets, then 400m run, straight into 12 reps at a lower weight, then did that set 3 times. 

Needless to say i'm shattered now, so will be on the couch all day. Run tomorrow, then rest on monday, THANKFULLY!!! 

• Options

rinsed sock yesterday : I work in a school with a sports centre attached, and after work on fridays we get free use of the facilites until 5pm. Swim was good (though the water is very salty tasting image)  and had plenty of turning practice as the pool is 17m long image

X-trainer afterwards, but knee said 'no' to stepper and weights. Rest-ish today but may do some yoga later image

• Options

Good stuffing Lee!! Bodypump and Spin this morning sock is a bit wet and sweaty image

• Options
    2hr bike ride today in the rain lush.
  • Options

Fraggle, a salty pool, hmmm... Spin, yoga and swim for me, my sock needs to get some lessons as I appear to have got completely shite. Swim smooth book out for some study tonight.

• Options

all the stuffing has fallen out of my sock due to a horrible sore throat. 

fraggle - I like the pools with salty tasting water, means the chemicals don't affect me in the same way that chlorine does. Don't know what chemical the salty one is but it is certainly better than chlorine

plan now is to get better then start sock stuffing again

• Options

Rest up and get well soon mathschick.  A wee hot toddy might help shift the germsimage

3 mile run for me today, and now i'm resting until running starts again on Tuesday image

• Options

Great weekends sock stuffing 2 hours mtbing through the local wood up and down some mega hilly trails got a bit cut to ribbons with some of the overgrown brambles

Today was an hours off road run with Wilson the Mighty Iron Dog this morning and just finished 30 mins core and weights followed by 45 mins of 19mph + on the turbo feeling well stuffed nowimage

• Options

Nice one RBM image Get some antiseptic cream on those bramble scratches. 

• Options

Good sock stuffing people.

Yesterday was 11km with Margate's windy and rolling parkrun in the middle. Then part of a team of 5 at a swimathon. As many lengths as possible in 55 minutes in a...SALTY pool.

Our team did the most, 133 lengths in the 55 minutes. Very sore shoulders. Mrs Cat ran yesterday at parkrun then did 5km today whilst I cycled alongside.

• Options

Good effort in the rain and thunderstorms stuffers. 12 miles run for me, hopefully the sports massage afterwards will deliver me slightly more lively legs for Snowdonia marathon next Saturday.

• Options

im liking this base training! my IM training will start in January as I've entered IMUK, im running once a week at the moment and have been for a few weeks, just reduced my 6.7 miles (regular run) down from 49:30 to 42:02 in 5 weeks! only got to do another 19.5 Mile as well as a little bike ride and a paddle in the lake!!!!! (GULP) i think i will need more places to stuff!

• Options

Sock update

Cake wrote (see)

image oh heck this is getting serious.

Cake Target

1. Be back to sub 5 hour marathon by end of sept.
    2. Be under 15 stone by christmas Was 16.10 at start of year now 15.8.
    3. Be able to crawl for 500 metres none stop by christmas.
    4. Have average on bike back up to 18 MPH by end of year in time for distance training in 2014.
    5. Clear garden and buy bookie some flowers. image

1, Epic fail Done two marathons in the last couple of month's got lost at new forest but still took 6 hours. Did abingdon at the weekend in about 5.38? was helping a very cool kid called penny get to the finesh line but still wouldn't have made 5 hours

2, About 5'7 at the moment so more work needed

3, I can do about 50 meter's none stop at the moment so maybe?

4, Sorted bring on the bike miles next year after last 3 years or so want to beast a course at some point. Got something to prove to myself.

5, Garden still got some onions and potatoes in it and keep forgetting to get sarah flower's. image

• Options

right, illness is on its way out so I am starting to get stuffing again

swimming tonight

still haven't lost much weight but getting a nutrition plan sorted for when I go back to work

will start running again tomorrow

must re-start all the physio stuff too as I haven't done anything much at all while I have been unwell

• Options

Keep at it Cake, you'll get there image

Glad you're on the mend Mathschick.

Running training has been slightly disupted this week due to work, so missed Tuesday's run.  I did Thursday's run on Wednesday, and i'll need to do Wednesday's run tonight, then Sunday's run on Sunday, lol.  Been tired this week, and in need of more sleep, hence the shifting about of runs. 

Off to Florida on Wednesday to support the IM'ers, woo hoooo, so taking my running stuff so I can keep with the programme, as those Yanks say.  Can't wait for holidays though image

• Options

Lucky you Lee. On my way to Wales to stuff my sock at the Snowdonia marathon tomorrow, proper weight loss and training plan will re-start again next week.

• Options

image Lee your Florida bound to. get your pom poms ready kid and wish I was joining you.

• Options

Wonders if there will be any photos of lee's pom poms on the web image

• Options

What an exciting weekend we all have planned.  Beachy Head for me tomorrow.  image

Another 4lbs off this week so 17lbs in total.  Starting to notice the difference now. 

• Options

In lieu of training this weekend (stupid twt in car grrr) apart from a wee excursion with SuperCaz Im drawing up my training plan for November through to Feb-ish.  Sock is stiff and going to have a lie in tomorrow image

• Options

stuffed my sock with kettlebells and running yesterday, and I *can* walk today so that's a bonus image

Half term next week so a week off work image which may include getting my sock sandy and wet on a cornish beach image

• Options

I'm going to do something similar tonight buttercup as I look out of my window at all the welsh weather, big list of races and sportives from now until next year. Specific goals now I've done my first IM are:- Lose a stone, get back to within 5 mins of my marathon PB of 3.43, IM time of 12.15 and learn to mend my bike.

• Options

Foot is slowly repairing did a few 30 min runs this week, mainly been in gym using weights. 

• Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Wonders if there will be any photos of lee's pom poms on the web image

Check out drunk scottish ladies website. Just made it up but sure there must be one?

• Options

Probably NSFW Cake!

Tempo run yesterday image followed by a hilly 3hr club ride today. Sore legs. Time for a plank and lunch.