Options

What is the obsession with Ironman?

Comments

• Options
    fat buddha wrote (see)
    Flat Footed wrote (see)

Cos going all the way to France, Germany or Switzerland for a sprint tri is just fucking stupid. Don't you think?

depends what you mean by "all the way to France"

we're off to do a sprint tri this weekend in France - just outside Calais at Gravelines

it's probably closer than many races in the UK for us and we'll have a few days break as well

are we fucking stupid for that? don't think so image

Theres always one isn't there.. image

But you get my point, people go to other countries to race marathons, Iron distance races on mass, they don't go to New York for a 10K or New Zealand for an sprint that often do they.

• Options

..but what have the Pirates ever done for us ?  image

• Options

Nah, I meant "we" as in me and 'im indoors...not the PSOF image

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭
    Mrs Funkin wrote (see)

What about long and fast? *throws spanner in the works*

Pirates champion long distance because that's how it all started. Now there are Pirates in kit at all distances from Super Sprint to Deca. Whether I personally agree that's how it should be is besides the point, makes not one iota of difference what I think. It's become bigger than anyone ever imagined it would be, I bet. We've only been around for about 6 years and the growth is phenomenal.

Mind you, I am a bit obsessed with Ironman and I don't even do the fecking thing. Just shout and carry bags.

And cry. image

• Options

Ha! I'll have you know that crying is a Very Valuable Sherpa Skill. We cry on behalf of our affletes, don'cha know...'cos you don't have the energy to cry any more. Ahem.

• Options

(and I reckon it's been nearly a whole week since I cried and that was with joy!)

• Options

*kicks Mrs F on the shins*

• Options
    Flat Footed wrote (see)
    fat buddha wrote (see)
    Flat Footed wrote (see)

Cos going all the way to France, Germany or Switzerland for a sprint tri is just fucking stupid. Don't you think?

depends what you mean by "all the way to France"

we're off to do a sprint tri this weekend in France - just outside Calais at Gravelines

it's probably closer than many races in the UK for us and we'll have a few days break as well

are we fucking stupid for that? don't think so image

Theres always one isn't there.. image

But you get my point, people go to other countries to race marathons, Iron distance races on mass, they don't go to New York for a 10K or New Zealand for an sprint that often do they.

I know a load of people that went to NZ last year for a sprint tri. And a load went to Holland and Ottawa this year for a sprint du. Beijing the year before that too.. image

• Options

... and just to prove how slow I really am ... 

Blisters wrote (see)

Oh how I love the numbers game, almost as much as The Engineer.
    Before I go off on One, I am hereby stating that I'm in it to Complete, not Compete. That if a sluggish unslim and less fit pensioner like Siggy can do it, then I can.

Blisters, are you calling me slow and fat?!!  image  'coz if you are ... yeah, you're probably right!!  image

• Options

No, he called you old.....Don't think even The Plumster is a pensioner...image

• Options

Oi!  I thought you were on your death bed!!  image   
    Pleased to see you're not btw!!  image

• Options

ditto - glad to see you back image

• Options

Haha. Recovering slowly. Brazilian slowly going yellow & purple bruised.

• Options

You mean yellow and black don't you dusty? True pirate from the inside out.   Glad you are on the mend. For once I don't want a photo. 

• Options

And I bet you're itching like a good 'un now!!  image

• Options

Not sure what you're on Flob, but it's usually good to use the spell checker before you post!  
    Perhaps you'd better take more notice of what the RW people are saying about this being a forum for training and friendly banter and not be quite so vitriolic or personal in your comments.  
    Just my opinion, mind!

• Options

UPDATE.................After setting a Cricket world record score of 529 in my neighbours back garden yesterday, thus putting me in the top 1% of cricketers in the world, I bowled my two neighbours (aged 4 and 7) out for 136, now the question is do I enforce the follow on or bat them out of the game?

• Options

What Would Cooky Do?

Personally, I'd make them grovel; it worked well for Tony Greig image

• Options

Well the modern thing seems to be bat them into the ground....so........they best look forward to a long day in the field..

• Options

FF I've been following this test with great interest, I lost a ODI to my wife last night due to some dubious lbw decision on review (ok review system does consist of asking the opinion of a 4 and 6 yr old if daddy is 'out'). But I'm clearly not in your league, looking for ward to seeing you smash them out of the ground and out on an unassailable 1000run lead.

• Options

Anyone else got a set of these?

http://www.donaygames.com/pictures/product_images/5/full/104256.jpg

I use to play with my dad, 50% of the time I was in the top 50%

• Options

dog - they take me back a few years....and I have lots of years to go back to....image

• Options

we were poor and used pencils image

• Options

Lucky git WW - we used one pencil, with two sets of marks on it.

• Options

You had pencils??  Spoilt brats

• Options
    fat buddha wrote (see)

dog - they take me back a few years....and I have lots of years to go back to....image

me too !! what a blast from the past

• Options

Well, it had started to itch Siggy, but then the dressing had to be changed again a few days ago. This time I had to "wax" myself. So I called myself a very rude word that ladies don't like, twice.

Except, I have now started to itch again. At least the next dressing to come off will be smaller. I wonder if you can get a pirate skull & crossbones shaped 'zilian?

Not too much black Soupy, just a few splodges. I assume that is what it is like inside as well.

• Options

Is it not easier to shave, old boy?!  Perhaps you should try with your 'zilian!  Your Mrs might appreciate the effort you take!!!  image 

• Options

Sorry updated the wrong thread, I put this on the cricket thread when it should have been here.

Flat Footed wrote (see)

UPDATE at Lunch on the second day of the first test, I am just short of my double century (194* not out) at lunch, Lunch today is fish finger sandwiches and a very lovely chocolate cake, which was sent in by my mother.

A recap of today action.

I decided NOT to enforce the follow on and bat again, the opposition (my neighbour's boys 4 and 7) asked that the rule of hit the fence without bouncing was only worth four and not the six it was in my first innings. This was agreed.

Lot of early movement due to a rather nice curry last night.

And only one incident of note to slightly sour this fine days cricket was when the 4 yr old decided he wanted to watch Mr Tumble rather then field in the covers.