Options

Emergency kit order

Comments

• Options
    The lakeside store is cr&p I stood waiting to be served for ages and every time I was about to be served the phone rang. Rather than serve the assistant answered the phone. When this happen for the third time I waited for him to put the phone down and rang it. He answered it saying " can I help" I replied " not now" and left never to return
  • Options

Well as none of you planned to acually buy anything and just use them to try their LG gear on before ordering off here sounds like you got what you deserve, so chin up gang eh....image

• Options

Maybe after we can all go to Sweatshop, have a free gait analysis, try on several pairs of trainers and then order of the internet instead and moan about the price in the store.

• Options

Now theres an ideaimage

• Options

FF, your assumption is incorrect I spent £90 on various bits and pieces.  Including a new saddle which is what I actually wanted advice on.

• Options

Oh really sorry, When i said "none of you" i meant none of you except Duda who bought £90 of bits and pieces but still didn't like the service at Evans.

Better?

• Options

oi you lot.off my thread........I'm trying to update my listimageimage

• Options

Armwarmers  £20

Seren Nos x2
    Evil pixie
    M Tri  medium
    Red stripe
    Duda Medium
    SA Large
    Mrs SA Medium
    Stanners
    Red stripe   Small

Monaco   £42

Seren Nos
    IronBlue  XL
    IGIT   small
    Ewen lewis  XL
    Hofmeister bear  X2  large
    MTri      medium
    Flyaway
    Funkin   1 medium & 1 large
    Stormie  medium
    Flat Footed XL
    Manimal  L
    RBMax  medium
    Duda sml
    LMH  SML
    Gavo medium
    Richard10  X2 medium
    Thomas Sharp
    Maddy Large

Tri shorts  £33

Seren Nos
    IronBlue medium
    JPGoodboy
    Ewen Lewis   XL
    Hofmeister Bear  X2   large
    MTri   medium
    SuckitupButtercup (xs)
    Last out of the water  small
    Stormie  medium
    Manimal medium
    Duda  x2 medium and small
    SA Medium
    Dawn shadow  large
    Pug316   XL
    Gavo medium
    Capt Jack Sparra XL
    pudge
    Ironwolf  L
    LMH  XS
    Richard10 M
    Thomas sharp
    Maddy M

• Options
    Flat Footed wrote (see)

Well as none of you planned to acually buy anything and just use them to try their LG gear on before ordering off here sounds like you got what you deserve, so chin up gang eh....image

Actually i did have my credit card on me and if one of the assistants had said "look here we have something shiny, it will make you go faster" I would have bought it.

But they were too busy talking to themselves so they lost the chance to fleece me.

I certainly didn't drive 90 miles JUST to try on gear.

• Options
    Thomas Sharpe2 wrote (see)
    Tritop and shorts please

M...eldy wrote (see)

Thomas, it is customary to at least tell us a bit about yourself .... image

size might be a great starting point image

• Options

Much better thanks you FF image. leaving now before I upset any one else .

• Options

It does beg the question (I'll take the flak)  with regards those *insert minimum number of posts*  ... who have a handful of posts to their name and appear just to order kit, what is the best way to ensure best commitment from them ??

Should we be more selective on who has kit or does that go against the ethos of PSOF, we dont have rules and regulations or committee and meetings and what have yet once something is 'established' then it becomes an unwritten rule and thats when feathers are ruffled.

My personal opinion is that you get out what you put in, sure you can race in pirate colours and get the 'go pirate' but until you get yourself involved with the PSOF then it wont mean anything more than a random person shouting your name because its written on your number

• Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)

It does beg the question (I'll take the flak)  with regards those *insert minimum number of posts*  ... who have a handful of posts to their name and appear just to order kit, what is the best way to ensure best commitment from them ??

Should we be more selective on who has kit or does that go against the ethos of PSOF, we dont have rules and regulations or committee and meetings and what have yet once something is 'established' then it becomes an unwritten rule and thats when feathers are ruffled.

My personal opinion is that you get out what you put in, sure you can race in pirate colours and get the 'go pirate' but until you get yourself involved with the PSOF then it wont mean anything more than a random person shouting your name because its written on your number

Which i think is where KK was going sort of with her posts are some of these people "all the gesr no idea" or Walter Mittys who will wesr the kit to their local sprint tri cause of the supposed kudos it brings and have no intention of doing Ironman?

Like it or not people are starting to pick up on who we are i was tslkjng to some peeps at a local half mara who spotted my pirate csp and remarked they thought a local hslf was a bit short for a pirate to bother withimage mind you one guy there did say to me i thought all you pirates were meant to be slowimage

You got to ask yourself lookinh at the last kit order i have never seen or heard of a lot oc these peeps so where are they racing the whole reason i got into the Pirate s was for the social side wereever i race now theres ususlly at least a couple of frrindly pirstes in the mix

• Options

Indeed Max ...

Richard, well done and welcome  image

• Options

Welcome Richard

• Options

Richard there are a few that have done it in the past so not beyond the realms of possibility for 2015, the ship I believe will be sailing to Europe again for the 10th anniversary

• Options

Without causing an almighty row Melds I can't see how it can be regulated, look at the vast amount of opinions Fegans race team generated.

• Options

No exactly FF ... thats why I clarified at the end ... I suppose the regulation is the commitment and participation or you become just a person in black and yellow getting an empty 'go pirate'
    Put some time and effort in to the community and *then* it means something

*toddles back off to the rugger*

• Options

Living outside of the UK does put a crimp in my participation Meldy. And now that I can't do any more IMs that's doubly so. I am entered in Challenge Weymouth half though so will be in Blighty at least once this year! Planning on getting there a couple of days early so I can get reacquainted with the sea - never done a race with a sea swim so keeping up the pirate tradition of something new on race day!

• Options

Ironwolf, I meant in the way that you and others post and get involved even in a virtual way .....it is still involvement

• Options
    Maxine here...wales losing so I have a moment to ask for:

1x Monaco in women's extra large

1x shorts in medium

Thank ye kindly, Seren! I will give you money next week if that's ok?
  • Options

Armwarmers  £20

Seren Nos x2
    Evil pixie medium
    M Tri  medium
    Red stripe
    Duda Medium
    SA Large
    Mrs SA Medium
    Stanners Red stripe   Small

Monaco   £42

Seren Nos
    IronBlue  XL
    IGIT   small
    Ewen lewis  XL
    Hofmeister bear  X2  large
    MTri      medium
    Flyaway Funkin   1 medium & 1 large
    Stormie  medium
    Flat Footed XL
    Manimal  L
    RBMax  medium
    Duda sml
    LMH  SML
    Gavo medium
    Richard10  X2 medium
    Thomas Sharp
    Maddy Large
    Goon  x large

Tri shorts  £33

Seren Nos
    IronBlue medium
    JPGoodboy
    Ewen Lewis   XL
    Hofmeister Bear  X2   large
    MTri   medium
    SuckitupButtercup (xs) Last out of the water  small
    Stormie  medium
    Manimal medium
    Duda  x2 medium and small
    SA Medium
    Dawn shadow  large
    Pug316   XL
    Gavo medium
    Capt Jack Sparra XL
    pudge
    Ironwolf  L
    LMH  XS
    Richard10 M
    Thomas sharp
    Maddy M
    Goon   Medium,

• Options

Over the past four years there has been an annual order where the thread was running for nine months alongside other social media i.e. Facebook.  Following discussions with others it was suggested to put the emphasis back to the forum and have the thread open for one month only.  This would have put the onus back on the person ordering kit to come back to the forum.

I understand the need for this emergency order, but a couple of days ago it was suggested that kit orders could be placed on an ad-hoc basis which I feel widens the availability of kit

• Options

The question is - who decides who is eligible? Seems to me that the 'rules' are rather fluid and changed at will to suit some people anyway -for example I'm sure it used to be a 'rule' that where the ship was sailing was always decided at Bala and you had to be there to have a say? That seems to have changed in the last couple of years.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

LMH I think it was more who got home first to start the thread made the decision ... back in the days before wifi  image

Schmunks,  I agree that that would widen the availability of kit, I am not sure that the availability is the issue rather than the distribution which brings me back to my earlier point, and I also agree with LMH (and others) we were never ones for rules .... that said, life is full of rules both written and unwritten, may be they are guidelines, may be they change every now and then to suit ..... may be we just make it up as we go along because it works
    Either way, it is good to have these discussions or it all gets a bit staid