Options

Daily disappointments

Comments

• Options

If the person who reported KK doesn't have a pirate logo next to their name I will plait shit.

• Options
    I've got a logo... But it wasn't me, I like giving her a poke now and then
  • Options
    Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

Banning is a bit much, both were (are) a pair of Dicks but aren't we all at times

Yup !

• Options

I'm not sure there's any malicious intent at all, I just think that RW sometimes have a tendency to overreact. 

Forumites will complain about comments or posters and RW will weigh in with a response:

1. Visit the thread, issue a request to play nicely and remove some of the posts.

2. Remove the thread.

3. Ban those they think have overstepped the mark.

Number 3 is very often a sledgehammer to crack a nut and usually unnecessary IMO but I think it's due to an overzealous response rather than people asking outright for bans - at least I would hope so! image

• Options

I don't get it.  Are you saying KK has been banned?

• Options
    SuperCaz wrote (see)

Its still there.  I wake each morning hoping that its gone away

It's going away though, isn't it?

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

KK's main training thread seems to have vanished....  The one that was going for years.  Someone (maxpower, I think?) posted on it this morning but it seems to have gone now....

• Options
    Bet RW can reduce the number of servers they use for hosting now
  • Options
    Big_G wrote (see)

KK's main training thread seems to have vanished....  The one that was going for years.  Someone (maxpower, I think?) posted on it this morning but it seems to have gone now....

It isn't always deliberate - some long standing threads have been accidentally deleted in the past then reinstated.

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Dave, true image

I agree with Scream though (there's a firstimage ).  I just don't get people reporting users to RW to get them banned.  It just seems similar to what would happen in a school play ground.

I know KK winds people up (not me, TBH, but then I'm not a Pirate) and has her views on certain things and bangs the drum A LOT about them, but so what?

• Options
    She's doesn't actually wind up most pirates, most either ignore her, or poke her with a stick once in a while.. She's a bit of an irrelevance to POSF really
  • Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

Scream, the I Vanilla character made an appearance on KKs thread last night posting a load of, urrm, comments.  I'm admittedly putting 2 and 2 together, and may have the wrong answer but I'd say I Vanilla is/was KK and someone notified RW that KK was back and they removed I Vanilla and the long standing post.

I may of course be way off, and it may just be another case of the RW website being crap!

• Options
    WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I'd forgotten how funny this forum can be,

Then I was reminded how bitchy it can be, and how crappy it usually is.

Are RW ever going to fix the software problems?  I guess not.

• Options
    Big_G wrote (see)

Scream, the I Vanilla character made an appearance on KKs thread last night posting a load of, urrm, comments.  I'm admittedly putting 2 and 2 together, and may have the wrong answer but I'd say I Vanilla is/was KK and someone notified RW that KK was back and they removed I Vanilla and the long standing post.

I may of course be way off, and it may just be another case of the RW website being crap!

Well if someone has been banned and is trying to circumvent that ban you can kind of see that from RW's POV that they might not take it too kindly.

• Options
    Big_GBig_G ✭✭✭

It's not particularly difficult to "circumvent" the ban and people have done it in the past and not been subsequently banned (DF3 comes immediately to mind, and he arguably did a lot worse that KK).  For RW to have noticed I Vanilla (assuming that it was KK), someone must have gone to them to point it out.  I very much doubt they'd have proactively removed I Vanilla, without someone reporting it.

• Options

image SUCKS and I feel shite for just asking on this thread. image No I didn't snitch. I like KK weird, but nice image us non humans need to stick together.

• Options

A KK fan here too.  Like the threads she starts, more interesting than most.  Never needed to snitch anyone on any forum.

I have hit the ignore button a few times, which works really well on this site.  On others, it shows that they've posted, but here you'd never know as there is absolutely no sign of it at all... unless somebody quotes them.

• Options

FWIW I saw "cublion"  "sir snot" and "I vanilla" as posters to KK's thread and the posts for the first two were missing when I tried to view and I vanilla was a rant about vegetables I think and made no sense to me.

I also thought it was  the unpleasant Flob or his later incarnations as his posts all vanished about two weeks ago. DF3 (Mr Anonymous) was a more likeable character.

I assumed it was trolling as KK has mentioned some coward(s) were stalking her threads and posts. I thought KK had posted that she would be on a short holiday and would not post for a while.

• Options
    Big_G wrote (see)

I think this stuff is coming entirely from RW for whatever reason. I don't believe there is some big, bad, nasty person jumping all over posts by KK (or seemingly by KK) and screaming for her to be banned.

I just don't think anybody really cares that much or has that much time on their hands to be honest.

I'm sorry to keep using this example but there have been posts removed from a conversation between me and one other person late one weekend that nobody could have found and been offended by unless they were looking really, really hard.

I've also said this before but if there is a forumite who has appointed themselves as some sort of moral guardian, sweeping into threads and drawing the mods' attention to anything or anybody they deem offensive, they are hiding their personality pretty well in their posts.

But anyway, nobody ever comes clean about this stuff so I guess all we can do (as ever) is speculate.

• Options
    I think there were 2 people on the grassy knoll
  • Options

Also The Doctor, his TARDIS and who knows how many of his assistants.

• Options
    Back to the original post. Another dns due to a badly timed cold just before race day image why does that keep happening?
  • Options

It happens to me too - I'm so unlucky with the BUPA 10,000 I've stopped entering it.

• Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

I used to get colds just before marathons - could it be stress related? 

(a quick scan over the contents of this post to ensure it is not racist, sexist or slagging off Samir Haddad before I hit submit)

• Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Hit ? Domestic violence perhaps ......
  • Options
    Grendel3Grendel3 ✭✭✭

LOL! guilty as charged report me for hitting submit!

• Options
    NayanNayan ✭✭✭
    DrS2 wrote (see)
    Back to the original post. Another dns due to a badly timed cold just before race day image why does that keep happening?

OvertraiNing