Options

In the news today

13»

Comments

• Options
    Boston Bomber found guilty. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (yes i copied and pasted his name) had apparently??left a note asking to be made a martyr. I'm wondering if he gets the death penalty will this satisfy his wish ? If so would life in prison be a worse punishment?
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I think that having been found guilty, he should be tied to a chair in a room and be taken apart slowly by the families of those that he murdered for the fun of it.

Harsh but fair is the way forward.
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Katie Hopkins is in the press yet again.  She seems to cross the line time and time again and taunts those who complain about her through official channels.  For one, I wish someone were able to take her to court over some of her postings/writing if only to shut her up.  For two, I can't believe that the general public continue to read her material.  For three, (a bit like Clarkson) I can't believe people don't see the writing for what it really is, scripted and unlikely to be her true opinion and, finally, four, I can't believe I let it wind me up so much.

I wish The Sun would cancel her column and daytime telly would stop booking her.

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Miifii life in prison for me, make the bastard live as long as possible.
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Mouse- at least clarkson is likeable despite his traditional racist opinions. That woman is just pointless.
  • Options
    Some people polarise opinion don't they. I find it inexplicable that some people feel the rapist footballer should be allowed back to play. Some of those people will feel Clarkson is an oaf who should never appear on TV again, whereas although my head says you can't thump people at work my heart sort of says well yeah but..
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Rapists and Racists- I would have thought that they are the least polarising of criminals.
  • Options
    VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    It probably hadn't made the news Today as they usually hide it, but the Air quality is going to be horrendous today, mainly in the very south East of England, but virtually all of England will have more pollution than usual. They are blaming our European neighbours factory emissions and Saharan dust which are both being brought in on warm and gentle winds. The gentle breeze means local pollution will stay put too, so try not to do too much outdoors if you have any breathing condition.

Stay safe people!
  • Options

You mean the story that was the lead on the BBC this morning?  Not much hiding that one away!

• Options
    I'm liking BBC Health - Being overweight Reduces risk of developing Dementia

The team at Oxon Epidemiology and the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine analysed medical records from 1,958,191 people aged 55, on average, for up to two decades.

Their most conservative analysis showed underweight people had a 39% greater risk of dementia compared with being a healthy weight.

But those who were overweight had an 18% reduction in dementia - and the figure was 24% for the obese.

"Yes, it is a surprise," said lead researcher Dr Nawab Qizilbash. image
  • Options

If KK reads that her head will explode image

• Options
    And short people are more at risk of heart problems....

So if you are an anorexic midget your stuffed !
  • Options

RIP Richie Benaud, the former captain of the Australian cricket team and for a long time a BBC cricket commentator. A true gent.