Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

Hi All, I will divulge information throughout the weeks to come ! 10 mm is a target that I would like to reach after 7+ years of running, but it is only a dream at the moment. 

Anyone else suffering with this pollution crap at the moment. I dropped my wife off at work this morning and then did the shopping. By the time I got home I felt awful, and a bit chesty. Don't know if it's related to the widely reported pollution down here in the south east or the high pollen. Have had to postpone my scheduled morning short run as I just don't feel right. Hopefully I will be able to go out for a 2 mile plod this evening when everything might have settled down.

• Options

skippy - might be best to leave the run till tomorrow if the pollution is getting to you, it is going to clear throughout the night and tomorrow morning I think

podds - sounds like a difficult position to maintain!!

• Options

Wasn't the most ideal MC, especially as this is work I have to get done before going on holiday at the weekend........but wasn't in the mood to go into work to do it!!

Hey Skippy - another southern softie image

We are southern softies, naughty northerners, frisky "foreigners", sexy scots and those in the middle image ................southern softies are of course the best image

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

And me. Banished to a rock in the middle of the Irish Sea! 

Chuggy the stitches are so tight that my eye is bulging in the middle, a bit like a nipple! Even in warm weather ???? This in theory will make the incisions tighter once healed. Then, also in theory my vision should improve. To be honest, it couldn't be much worse. 

Mr Tubs is stuck in Liverpool, despite arriving well in time to get the 5.30 flight he was unable to change his ticket as there was no one at the Maybe desk. Stuck there til 7.55 ????

Blue has mislaid balls everywhere. " find it " falls on cloth ears! No wonder he was sacked as a sniffer dog! 

(((((Waisters)))))

• Options

Another gawjuss day here, sadly tomorrow looks less than lovely for the long bike ride!

certainly felt quite hazy/smoggy today funny enough, just a swim for me today and a bit of shopping and tidying ...

• Options

and me image in Wonderful Welsh Wales. Or am I a “frisky foreigner” image

Lots of hugs and vibes for those who need them.

Hello Skippy - this is really a madhouse,

you’d be well to balance the running with some biking and swimming image

Sorry to hear about your chest problems, I’ve had that nasty chesty koff for nearly a month now. I’ve done very little in the way of any sort of exercise - spare me the harribert - I’ll start again soon promise (fingers crossed behind back)

Shaddow used to steal the balls from Heidi, he’d carry two in his mouth, put them down and forget where he’d put them. Heidi would always find them. He came across another Lab who could get THREE balls in his mouth Shaddow was not amused at being oneupmanned!

That issue with your friend whose husband died sounds a bit fishy Chuggs, I hope she gets it sorted soon, she must be desperate for some closure.

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same re your friend Chuggs, hope she gets some answers.

Er, I can't remember anything else from the previous page....

Another beautiful day here image

Mr Spence, Dotty Dog & I had a 2.5 mile walk along the canal, had a pint and walked back. Lovely image
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Morningimage

Oh skippy, you're a southern softie- marvellousimage  we are all sorts, weird welsh, interesting isle of man,  nice Nederlander,  strange Scots, barmy brummie, sozzled stokies, barking Buckinghamshire's, s'essex on legs,  peculiar planit ffanit people, daft dorseters,  leicestershire larkers, Merseyside marvels,  sheffield, smilets, yarkshire young uns. Think I've mostly covered itimage 

Chuggy, your poor friend. That's an awful way to treat someone. I'm sure your letter will give her comfort that she's not fighting alone and that it will bring results.

Yay sluggy. Sorty it was an unpleasant experience but i sincerely hope it will do the trick. Guess you're on shaken not stirred vodka Martini mode now image 

Get you, m..eldy, anyone would think you were ironing soonimage Sooper pic of the GPO on FBimage 

Tubbsterrr has strange shaped ballsimage Yesterday  I was talking with my oppos from IoM

Air here feels dry and gritty this eveningimage  I worked my first Friday in nearly 3 years. The good news is that the insurance company have let me keep my new bike and my recovered bikeimage I may need to take a test ride image 

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Oh Spence, I saw a news article today about a poo transplant and thought of you. Perhaps you have found your vocation in life. Probably no limit on how much you can donateimage  It gives people back good bacteria to fight things like c dificile 

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Evening,

Ooh, that sounds like a good result! Any news of PC bush?

Skippy, I meant to say that we are gobby, not 'gooby' but no-one seemed to notice image It's nice to have another southern softee here, I am down in Darzett.

Tubs, I hope Mr T gets home soon - but not as much as I hope that your eyesight improves after all this!

Podds, where are you off to for your hollibobs?

Nice to see you Mrs Dragon, sorry that you have been suffering though.

Chuggy, that business with the hospital sounds rude and unhelpful at the very best image

My eyes are feeling sore and gritty but I'm OK otherwise and MS doesn't seem to be particularly wheezy.

I'm tingling nicely and have been for a gentle potter around Tesco with SM. I can't say that I am getting much benefit as yet though image

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

Excellent news from the insurance, Yums. At least you aren't actually worse off than before---or are you? Has the mini's bike been found yet? 

Sue, good to see you, but not so good about the chesty off. Those can be really tiring. Love the idea of Shadow meeting the one-up Lab with THREE balls in his mouth! Who days dogs don't have a sense of humour? image

Tubs, that doesn't sound very nice at all for your eyes. They said it would take a few months for the vision to improve, but surely it's been two months already....??? Really hope Mr Tubs makes it home tonight---how maddening to miss a flight cos there was no one at the desk! image Very low class of the airline!!!

Skippy, from what the Beeb said, if you are at all prone to chest problems you should steer clear of exercise til tomorrow afternoon, when the pollution is meant to be gone. Sounds like you want to take in as little air as you can with all the junk in it!

Spence, what a great day: walk with dog, pub lunch, walk with dog. Finito. Perfect!!

Podds, clearly you are going to set up a new kind of fitness that will require exercising with the assistance of a recumbent grayhound! I'm sure the boys will oblige you, if given an appropriate (i.e. edible) incentive image

Thanks for all the vibes for my bereaved friend. Guess the hospital staff are just so overworked that this kind of non-life-threatening thing never gets to the top of the list... But good news: the doctor called her today as soon as he got the email, has told his secretary to offer her a choice of dates in May, and promised to call the hospital here, so that's a result. At least she can get the info she needs to help her process what happened. 

Lovely Indonesian take-out dinner, male Chugs now watching you-know-what, so I have a bit of time to myself image Happy Friday evening! 

• Options

Masterchef here ... watching not doing image

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

Yay! I'm home from sunny Scotland (an oxymoron?) to find Yums thinks I'm a marvel! image

Notvread back beyond this page yet. 

Mr P has a date - next Friday!

Who is Skippy? Are the children stuck down the well?

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

read back ... Hope it all goes well Sluggie!

isnt Nogs due his knee about now? ((())))

we were at Loch Lomond. Absolutely gorgeous weather and scenery! We were a bit tired after a route march on Sunday, so did some gentle walks! Ate well. Took piccies. 

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Brummie!!!! *cross face*

Result from the insurance Yums! image

Sounds fantastic Pippi!

A poo transplant!? What the heck???
  • Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Ooh morning!

Up & at 'em it's parkrun Saturday ! image

Not rained for two weeks but is this morning!! Grrr & windy!
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Morningimage 

Oh,Spence, is that your cross face? I though you always look like that. I do apologise if you felt I was referring to you as a Brummie. You're not the only WAISTerBrummie you knowimage  

Glad you're tingling nicely,sluggy but am crossing everything it provides relief soon.

Great news the email produced results, chuggyimage 

Welcome home, pippi. Clearly you haven't read back or you would know who Skippy is.  No idea about whether the children are stuck down a well but Skippy would be a darn sight more useful in that respect that a greyhound!

Unfortunately I'm still worse off, chuggy as no 2 bike not back and not covered and I have my excess.  I could of course sell the new bike and repair the old or repair old and sell it. I will probably keep both image  

Right, no 2 wants a bacon but tie. Form an orderly queue

• Options

Morning all. Yesterday's lovely weather has departed from here too. 

Spence, hope the parkrun isn't too wet 'n' wild!

Welcome home, Pippi, we've missed you! And lucky, you, Lomondside is so beautiful. Bet you'll have some amazing photos! 

Yums, bummer about no. 2's bike. It may still show up, since the thieves were obviously local yobs who will probably abandon it somewhere not far away. Fingers crossed. 

Sluggie,  I guess the tingling is a good sig---does it mean the thing is correctly placed now? Really hope it translates into some pain relief!!!

BTW, Pippi, you are right about Nogs. He goes in on Monday for his knee op. There is apparently a good chance that he will only need a 'half knee' which would be less invasive and easier to recover from. WAISter vibes will be appreciate, I'm sure!

Meeting C1 for late lunch and a ladies' window shopping afternoon in town, male Chugs will play fruit bowl, then C2 and C3 go off to a barbecue and Mr C joins C1 and me for an early dinner in town so a good time ought to be had by all. Happy Saturdays to all lovely WAISters!

• Options

Oh a bacon buttie - just what I fancy after a 2-hr hound walk with Mother Podds, the boys their girlfriend Stella the English setter and her owner image

Wind picking up here and decidedly dull.......despite some early sunshine - glad we went out early for our walk image

• Options

Hello all. I started running or should I say jogging slowly again last week. It's been a few years now.  I used to run half marathons mainly abroad so I could I incorporate a holiday too. I have be doing boot camp for the last three years but never felt as good afterwards as I do after a run. Any way glad there are other plodders too.  

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Hello and welcome Linda. We are a very mixed bunch here, ranging from non-runners through plodders to IronMen and speedy peeps. We are also terminally nosey, so do pull up a chair and tell us aaaaall about yourself.

Welcome hope Pipps, it sounds as if you had a lovely time. I'm glad that Mr P has his date and won't have to wait much longer. I guess there are mixed feelings - happiness that this will soon be over but a fair amount of apprehension too. (((Pippi and Mr P)))

Podds, I have a lovely image of you using the boys as exercise equipment image

Yums, still hoping that you get Tallulah back in 1 piece.

Chuggy, it sounds as if you have a lovely day planned image I'm so glad that the email seems to have done the trick for your friend, getting answers will help her come to terms with what happened.

I'm still tingling nicely but don't think much else is happening image  It's still early days yet, some people find that the benefit seems to build gradually whereas others experience an instant improvement.

The sun is still shining here, so that makes everything look better.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options

Afternoon children

Welcome Linda, running and holidays sounds a damn fine mix to me

Sluggy, how long are you plugged in for?

I see Spence was out and about when the wind changed image

Welcome home Pippi, just in time to rescue the children from the well with the park ranger

Had the first goldfinch on the bird feeder today, not sure if he will now go and tell his mates ...not sure it can stand the strain of more!  Curently groaning under the weight of 2 pigeons and 2 collared doves hoovering up the leftovers!

Lovely bike ride this afternoon, glad I waited until the rain disappeared to Podds and Yums, company from some of the Tri Club as well

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

No rain here, but incredibly windy! Put off the intended bike ride ... and it's cold! I've been in shorts and Tshirts!

Yes, there are mixed feelings about Mr P, but a bit of relief that we have a date as everything has been put on hold not knowing! Someone at my photo club had a similar op in similar circumstances (ie, fit and well, but doing it now so it doesn't cause problems later) and he was fit well and back at his desk job 6 weeks later, so that's quite reassuring.

• Options

Well tomorrow I go for my first jog/run. Ten minutes each way. A bit nervous would you believe but that is really about other runners seeing me run so slowly. I can't even hide cos the mornings are so light. Anyway wish me luck. Linda 

• Options

Are you following a particular plan Linda?

• Options

I have paid a personal trainer for 6 sessions and she is encouraging me to try the Chi way of running.  It seems to be about leaning slightly forward  which encourages a longer stride as well using your core for balance ( I think). I tend to use very small steps so this way of running is quite difficult but I will give it a go. How about you. Linda 

• Options

the style sounds good, leaning slightly forwards will help you, I have to say that shorter stride is better than a longer one else you could be looking at knee issues as you are carrying to much weight on the knees, that's my opinion and clearly I can't see you running

i tend to make it up as I go along reallyimage

• Options

You know I think you are right. It good to look at other styles but at the end of the day you have to do what is comfortable. Anyway here's to my 20 minute run tomorrow. Are you running tomorow 

• Options

Rest day tomorrow, otherwise known as back to work day

run Monday likely 

• Options

evening

had a busy day - spinning then swimming this morning, shopping this afternoon then a run (after a lounge around on the sofa). Managed 12 min miles for 5 miles - can't quite believe it, I have been struggling lately with running image

Hi Linda - like Meldy I think short steps are better, aim to land with your feet under your body rather than reaching out ahead. I did buy a book about chi running, but the print was really small and so I never bothered to read it!