Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options

Sue is our chi running guru, I'm sure she'll correct us on the principles

is it bedtime yet?

• Options

Linda, imagine striding forward with one leg now count how long it would take your body to pass over that knee/leg and for the other leg to land a similar distance beyond, that length of time that one leg (the first one) has to carry your body weight until the other leg can land and take over.  Taking a shorter stride allows body weight to be transferred quicker and easier with less stress on the knees image

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Morningimage 

Linda, I agree with the short stride advice from M...eldy n MC.  Shorter strides are also handy for improving speed. 

I gathered the vibes are still string, Sluggy as some of my nik naks fell off the matlepiece earlierimage 

Woo hoo on the appearance of the goldfinch, m....eldy. Not jealous just cos the most exciting thing in the garden are my Tits. Mind you, I had a squirrel and sunbathing slow worms last week.

Well plodded, MCimage  

Noggs knee is being done He'll have lots of time to pop in and see us afterwardsimage 

Took brand spanking new road bike for a quick spin. I decided not to go far as I haven't replaced the inner tubes/ pump etc. It was going so well until, you've guessed it, I got a puncture. Still, nice day for a 3 mile walk home. Most annoiying this is I cannot remove the wheel as the quick release is too tightimage 

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Right now I'm confused,who else is a Brummie here!?

Hello Linda image enjoy your run tomorrow image

Oh dear Yums what a bummer image

The rain stopped as we started parkrun image 27:42 last mile felt tough.

I've had an afternoon shopping with H & daught for prom shoes & bag and I bought a new dress for the clubs awards night image H treated daught which was very kind of her image so we are all sorted for prom now, thankfully!!
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Morningimage 

I'm sure you look fab in your prom outfit, Spenceimage Slugsta is a Brummie by birth  image  Anyway, have you gone all posh and prefer to be called a west midlanderimage Sadly, unlike m....eldy, I can't try to escape my Essex birth place

Right, Dawg walk then meeting chums for a shuffle

• Options
    When I met Spence I was sooooo disappointed she didn't speak brim!!!!

All this running talk is making me want to go out again!!!

Chuggy so glad your friend got an appointment

Tubbs really hope your eye improves

I'd love to have a bird feeder but the bloody seagulls are already fat enough!!!

Nan is improving, thank you. Can't find any infection. But she's had 4 bouts of whatever this is since November so is being referred back to the hospital.

I seem to have joined the gym and have a personal trainer in the hope to get me back into it. First session is tomorrow. Eeeeeek

Won't talk about work cuz it's still crap.

Today if have a day of gardening planned, purchased a mower and plants. This should be fun ????
  • Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Snaily, as an incentive ALDI  are selling skapris this week. If that doesn't motivate you to get out and run, I don't know what willimage  Good news nan is improving

• Options

morning

yums, exciting to have a new bike but how unlucky to get a puncture!

snaily, have fun in the gym, good to hear nan is improving

feeling a bit lazy today and have to finish all my marking because I am back to school tomorrow

• Options

Eeeyew, MC, marking is horrible. I hated doing it when I taught my modules. Sterkte. But spin, run and swim in one day? Do you have a tri in your sights??

Awwww,Spence, you and Miss Spence is the most glam ladies on the planet now image We need photos, of course!

Yums, what putrid luck to get a puncture your first time out! That should be all the bad luck for that bike used up now, and you will have trouble-free outings forever after image

Melds, a goldfinch? Wow. I have about a dozen birdie types in the garden, but nothing as exotic as that! Are they normal round your way or are you super lucky?

Sluggie, tingling is good, but pain relief would be better image How long is the trial for? And how is MIL doing? Difficult time there, especially for MS. xxx

Linda, welcome to the zoo! You're in the right place. I'm a permanent beginner: get up to about 4 or 5 miles, life intervenes, running stops, I start again. Repeat. It's normal to feel nervous, just remember that other people don't actually SEE you when you run: they just register 'mad runner' and move on. Sue is the expert, but I too am a big fan of chi running, it just feels natural and balanced to me. Short steps, land above your centre of gravity, level pelvis, small easy movements. The book is good, and you can get it on Kindle as well as hard copy. Most of all, keep popping in here---it's good for body and soul! image

Pippi, so glad Mr P has a date, and that it's soon. Taking care of things when it isn't an emergency is always better, and hopefully, like your friend, in a few weeks it will all be behind him and he'll be better than ever. 

Fab afternoon with C1 yesterday, lots of chat, she chose some nice clothes for me (there's a big M&S here image), lovely dinner with her and Mr C. We walked around the part of town where she is hoping to buy (once she's sure her initial year's contract will be renewed---I'm pretty sure it will be). Now I've promised to make waffles for the male Chugs, traditional Sunday family treat! Happy days all. 

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

I'm sitting in to wait for a washing machine and fridge freezer. Hope it fits!

I might do some planning and assessment to pass the time, although I still have another week left!

we get occasional goldfinches, but they seem to come in flurries - several at once then none for weeks.

have a good one!

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Rarely see a goldfinch here, but tits galore and lots of chaffinches. Occasionally hear a hen harrier. Lots of gulls and I love the Oyster Catchers on the beach 

Good Mr P has a date Pippi, the waiting is the worst bit x Taking Jnr Tubs for his corneal transplant was harder than having it done myself! He was totally relaxed, just laughed at me faffing and fussing! 

Hope the tingling is progressing Sluggy, still have absolutely everything crossed this works xx

Sad news yesterday, a really lovely bloke who we met through his work this past year was killed motorbike racing yesterday.  He was an experienced TT racer but much more than that, a very nice man.  Such a waste image

((((( waisters ))))))

• Options

Didn't go for my planned run on friday and saturday because of pollution and hay fever (well that's my excuse anyway) ! So I went for a 3 mile run this morning, through my local park and up around the lakes in the adjourning country park - beautiful day and scenery. Got a lot to do if I am going to make my 10K target in July.

I promise to start reading back through the posts and start asking questions on everyone's well being, just a bit lazy at the moment .

Linda - welcome, I too am new and have only just come on board in the past week.

I am currently the executor on my late aunt's will and have been going through left belongings. I found some old photos which included me at about 6/7 years old, sitting down holding a monkey. I put it as my facebook profile picture and received a mail from an old friend stating how often he has seen pictures of people from our generation (I am 54) holding monkeys and looking uncomfortable ! Sure enough I later received messages from other friends agreeing and posting their own pictures with monkeys. Probably good for the monkeys now that they are better looked after and not subjected to being dressed up and pimped out for pictures, but just shows how times have changed over the years.

Have a nice day everyone

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭

I was never allowed to hold a monkey cos they made you pay...

happy birthday Tubs!

gale force winds here.

• Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Thanks Pippi image

at 53 I too held a monkey - outside John Lewis in Hanley! 

• Options

Afternoon

Sunny and blustery here - actually a lovely day image

~~~~~~Mr P for Friday~~~~~~~

Sunshine Snaily wrote (see)
    I'd love to have a bird feeder but the bloody seagulls are already fat enough!!!

I have fat balls (so to speak image) which I put in one of those hanging things so the birds can have them but not the gulls image

Lovely RGT walk today with a huge turnout (prolly due to the good weather)

No running today as the snot monster is visiting image and I need to get rid of it as.........

........I am off to Switzerland later today image

This is for the 3rd time of asking following the DG's summer shennanigans and hollibob cancellation and then not being able to go at Chrimbo due to outlaws, so finally actually going away image

Although in true Chez Podds' style the NV has a dodgy eye........I have instructed Mother Podds to take him to the vets tomorrow and given her a letter of authorisation for them..........NOTHING is stopping me finally getting a holiday image

Play nicely while I'm away children imageimage

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Happy Hollibobs Podds! It is well overdue and well deserved. Hope the boys behave themselves while you are away and don't give Mummy P a hard time.

Yums, I will have you know that I am not a Brummie! I was a Black Country girl before I became a Southern Softie image

Linda, what is the worst that can happen if someone sees you running?? I used to tell myself that mockery might feel uncomfortable (not that it happened as much as I feared) but was a darn sight better than sitting on my arris until my heart gave out!

Chuggs, sounds like another great day image

(((Tubs and friends))) that is so sad image.

It's another nice day here. We are going over to MILs after MS finishes w*rk. We weren't due for a meeting this week but SIL says that there is news from the Palliative Care nurse. Then we are quizzing with bff and her hubby.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Sorry - FB has just reminded me that it it Tub's birthday today! Happy Birthday Tubsterr!! image

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Happy birthday Tubbs image

And a woooo hoooo for Amandax who's got a PB today!!

What the hell are skapris!?

I'm not from Brum and I don't live in Brum it's a good 15 minutes away by trainimage

A 10 mile hilly run with club ladies turned into a 9 mile run for me when I took a short cut back to the car I was completely and utterly shagged. Having said that the 9 miles I did were quicker than when we did the same route last year.....when I finis I said I was pulling out of Stratford in a couple of weeks, don't think I'm up to it but now I've had a beer...
  • Options
    No idea what skapris are, and would you believe we don't have an aldi in Paignton. One is being built but I think the offer will have ended!

Seen a sadistic murder of a tiny field mouse. Harry is looking very pleased with himself!
  • Options
    AmandaxAmandax ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im still around but work is so busy no time to post. 

But today I did a ten mile race and managed PB of 1.43.42. V pleases as achilles not fab. Few hills in it too and a bit of a wind so the  logo on the race tshirt is very apt - #tiredbuthappy

• Options

Let's hope the days of 'pimp my chimp' are in the dim and distant past!

yawwwwnnnnnn ..... Bedtime yet ?

• Options

Happy holipops Podds!!

back in the old house I had more finches than I could feed, here it's all starlings and sparrows, pigeons and collared doves! (Oh, andI amoorhen) I saw a goldfinch last summer do a fly past and put some niger out and never saw them again, let's see if this years one comes back again!

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

Sorry you had wind, mandax but a fab PB nonetheless image 

How peculiar that everyoñe denies being a Brummie and where exactly is the black country? 

Oh dear, Skippy.poor monkeys. I'm with pippi, I never had my photo taken with a munkee

Yes, its bed time, m..eldy

*waves hanky at departing Podds*

Enjoy your holibobs image 

I have dinner, fruitbowled, gardened and Chaney tyres/ fixed punctures on my bikes

• Options
    YumsYums ✭✭✭

A skapri is like a skort only the shorts are Capri length

• Options
    SpenceSpence ✭✭✭
    Ahh right ! I love my Skort image

I've not had my photo taken with a monkey ! I've not been licked on the face by a camel either
  • Options
    TubsterrTubsterr ✭✭✭

Fling crapped on me once. I was picking his back foot out at the time. Some of it went down my neck image Being photographed with a monkey is less memorable!

lovely PB Mandax image

Have a fantabulous HolliBob Podds image

((((( waisters )))))

• Options

Gosh it's early ....

i was awake 10 mins before my alarm so have afforded myself a sit down with a cuppa before heading off to work and the GPO is having a mad 5 mins 

• Options

Morning

Bon Voyage Podds image

I love waking up early in the daylight image

I’ve never had a monkey on my shoulder either! Not sorry really.

I don’t get much in the way of small birds in my garden, the magpies and the gulls keep them all away image 

The bathroom fitter man is due to start today, I’ve heard nothing from him to confirm is actually starting work today. I hate not knowing what’s going on. fingers crossed, he a) turns up today and b) comes every day till he finishes the job! I’ve heard such nightmare stories about bathroom fitting. image

• Options

They’ve just turned up image

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭

Morning all

I read back over the weekend but have retained very little - sorry.

It was my birthday on Friday - this mainly consisted of getting up very early, coughing my way to Bristol, sitting through a very boring meeting and getting home at 8pm. The only consolation being it involved 7 trains. I certainly felt very much older by the end of it.

Happy Birthday to you Tubbs !!!

Happy holidays Podds - very jealous

Happy new bathroom Dragon - hope you're left with sufficient plumbing to meet your needs.

Hoorah Amandax

I've  lived in Birmingham for 4 years of my life - do I win the prize? Oh and whilst I think of it - if you're not watching 'Raised By Wolves' Channel 4 new comedy - you should be - best thing on TV for some time!

Is having a photo with a monkey some kind of euphemism? I'd sooner have a picture with a beaver.

sorry

Another week, another chance to make a better future - lets get out there and change the world - or at least make a decent cup of tea for a friend or colleague