Options

working at it slowly

Comments

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    hi all

hope sky is recovering

JFF - oh I hate dental work, and it costs so much!

had a crappy week myself, been off ill since Weds. Need to be feeling better tomorrow, the kids have a concert with their swing band
  • Options
    Morning All

That does not sound like a fun plan Jenni.....tooth work never is.......just ask Meldy!!

Pippi - that conference is my idea of hell!  I hate having to participate..........(unless I'm drunk and I'm guessing you weren't at that point!! :D )

DL - if you're still with us it's nearly the weekend......hold fast and it will arrive!

Aw Yums - thanks for the thoughts on Frankie, he certainly was very special...  Hope you have a good retreating......

I am in typical post exams slump, glands swollen, mouth ulcers, headache.........always happens after a couple of months of exams and all they bring...........I suspect however I will survive like every other year!  However I must remember to go and buy a Euromillions ticket for this evening.........that would at least help solve a few problems!

Happy Weekend one and all 
  • Options
    PS Have you seen our Beanzie is famous - she's won a proper award for being clever!

http://http//www.iop.org/about/awards/gold/bragg/medallists/page_69629.html

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoonicles,

(((Jenni))) I'm sorry you need to have such a lot of dental work, it will leave you very much lighter in the pocket too  :(

Pippi, it sounds as if you really enjoyed the conference  :)

Yums, I'm glad that the hand is healing well. Some gentle movement in warm water can help with the stiffness - I recommend washing up to everyone except busy mothers! I'm glad that employment prospects seem brighter for the minis. I did laugh about the embarrassing photos - they do say that revenge is a dish best served cold  >:)

(((Mc))) I'm sorry that you are unwell  :(

(((Podds))), it is lovely to see you. I'm not surprised that you are feeling tired, you have had a very heavy few months both physically and emotionally :(  Please take things easy as much as you can, your body is telling you what it needs. 

How exciting that Beanzie has won an award - but I'm afraid the link does not work for me  :'(

The vet phoned yesterday with the results of Sky's latest blood test. Her globulins are still very high, so it looks as if something is going on. However, the electrophoresis (that seperates the different types of globulin) was not conclusive, so we don't have a diagnosis. Thankfully, as Sky is much better (but still not 100%) it looks unlikely to be the Feline Infectious Peritonitis, which was the worst-case scenario. The plan is that we try to monitor her weight and general condition at home for a week or so, then think again.

Alf seems to have settled down pretty well, the main problem is that he and Sky have to 'renegotiate' their indoor territory as we only have 1 floor now.

SM continues to go very slowly downhill. However, she still recognises us and enjoyed a rather gooey chocolate cake while we were there today, so things could be much worse.

It has been very wet here for a few days but seems to have warmed up today - don't know what the weekend is supposed to bring.

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Yay for Beanzie!

So, after a week of being a Roman Soldier, singing silly songs in French and Spanish, today I organised a school Race for Life!

It's our local Parkrun 100th tomorrow, so I'll be there.
  • Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭
    pippi - your week sounds exhausting!

podds - hope the lurgy doesn't take hold! Exam season is certainly stressful for exams officers

The kids are in a concert tonight so I will be going to that, just hope I have time for a nap in the afternoon or something so I have the energy!

slugs, fingers crossed for sky. Sounds like SM is still enjoying life and so good that she recognises you still

I am now exam marking, I might not do it after this year, it is so time consuming and the pay is rubbish really if I work it out as an hourly rate! And it is incredibly boring.... 
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Sluggie, I must have cross posted. Sorry to hear about poorly pets. I suppose it's good to know that it isn't the worst case, but it is still worrying when it's undiagnosed.

Parkrunned - still slow, but a dead heat with Pippette ... according to our WAVAs at least!
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Well Parkrunned Pippi and Pipette!
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Well parkrunned indeed! poddles, so sorry to hear about doggy pal :( most distressing :(

(((((Waister pals))))

Thousand apologies from me, real life is kind of taking over at the minute. I've been tearing up and down the country with work and now we've found a house to buy - eek! They rejected our first offer but we offered £5 over the asking price yesterday (we were rounding up, thought it was on with a 950 at the end but it was 995...). We'll see.

We're having our pictures taken on Wednesday (of the house, not us...) so we're having a fraught few days of shifting, clearing, cleaning, sprucing, removing DIY crap, arguing about which jobs are 'essential' etc. 

It's all most tiresome but I keep reminding myself we are fortunate to be in.this position at all. 

Just hope someone doesn't sneak in and grab our new one before we manage to get ours on the market - aarrgghh!
  • Options
    This morning Murph joined the WAISTer pets over the rainbow bridge

• Options
    I've just seen the news on Facebook Melds - I just feel like he's one of us - sitting in my office trying not to cry xxx
  • Options

Daffs presumably you need the funds from your old house to buy the new one? I didn't think you could make an offer on another really - some houses take months or even years to sell.
  • Options
    Popping by to give Melds a big Hug ((((xxx))))
  • Options
    ((((((((Melds)))))))))))) left you hugs on FB too - know how you're feeling :(
    I'm sure Frankie will give him an eye over the bridge, so long as Murf doesn't tread on him!
    Thinking of you xxx

• Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    ((((Meldy)))) he's been part of Waisters from the start.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

(((Meldy))) I am so sorry that your old friend has crossed the bridge. 
    as Pippi said, Murph was a founder member of the lounge and I sort-of thought he would go on for ever  :'(

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Aw Meldy, how very sad :(:( hope you're ok xxx

Jenni, you can offer whenever you like - it's up to the vendor whether they're willing to take the risk! as it happens, ours have accepted :D but they won't take it off the market til we have an offer on ours... so essentially we could be pipped at any point of course. 

Photographer coming in 38 hours (not that I'm counting...). we'll be on the market by Thursday. Round here things sell quickly, and we're near (but not too near ;) ) two outstanding schools etc so we"re hopeful. 

It won't surprise you to know they're describing us as 'quirky and unique'...
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    How exciting Daffs! I hope things go smoothly for you.
  • Options
    Pippi LSPippi LS ✭✭✭
    Quirky and unique, Daffs? What about the house?
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Pippi LS said:
    Quirky and unique, Daffs? What about the house?
    Cheeky... :D 

How old was Murph Meldy? i have no jdea about horse ages, I too just thought he'd go on forever :(
  • Options
    He was 27 Daffs which is quite a decent age for a horse :)

• Options
    DLDL ✭✭✭
    (((((Meldy))))) end of an era. Hope you have a big party to celebrate a big life lived
  • Options
    Dr DaffsDr Daffs ✭✭✭
    Crikey! That does indeed sound like a good age. Poor old Meldy, that's got to be most of your adult life you've had him around. what a wrench
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    (((Meldy))) I suspect that life will look and feel very different without Murph around. 27 is a good age for a horse and that is testament to the loving care you gave him.

Things are not looking good here for Sky-cat. FIP is looking more and more likely. There are 2 types. The 'wet' version is more common and fast moving. The 'dry' version (which is what we think Sky has) is less common and the deterioration is slower but there is no real treatment for either  :'(

Not a good time to be a WAISTer pet!!

(((WIN)))

WAIST well xxx
  • Options

(((Sluggy))) hoping the prognosis isn't too bad

(((Melds))) it will seem very strange without him for sure

I hope someone comes along to love your quirky home Daffers :)

• Options
    Did Daffs just call me a wench? :-)

life will ill indeed seem very quiet and a little empty, I think it's been probably 35 years since I didn't have an equine of some description, for the first time i shall both have time and money
  • Options
    You have to find humour in some situations and you know me well enough to know my humour is fairly macabre, only Murph could pass away practically with his head in a bucket.
    The young man who took him away for me went through a range of options of his 'return' in a range of vastly expensive wicker baskets and caskets of which started at £650 ...where the feck would I keep a Murph sized casket ?? I could have at least 4 shoe boxes in that space!!
  • Options
    Hmm - he's not exactly book shelf sized is he  :/
    I'm supposed to be picking up Frankie tomorrow but something more has gone wrong with my car thing so I shall be on the bus so Frankie will have to wait to come home  :(
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

A Murph-sized casket would be more of a piece of furniture than an ornament, that's for sure!

Podds, I'm sorry that you are having more problems with your car, especially as it has delayed Frankie's return home.

Fingers crossed for buyers Daffs.

(((WIN)))