Options for Kit

Comments

• seren nos wrote (see)

sounds good SA.what are they like on price

#

Tri Suit £65 - Single piece, choice of front or rear zip, optional pockets, with Silicone EDGE leg ang arm grippers

Tri Top £40 Female and Male specific, lightweight lycra designed for Triathlon, front zip

Tri Short £40 Miti Shield fabric with semi compression for comfort and performance, triathlon pad, male and female specific

• Sounds great SA! Did you see any examples yourself, if so what did you think?

• yes, loads of stuff, their bike kits is really good, they make the winners race jersey for the tour of Britain and they are very nice, the tri kit that I saw is really good, they have just produced the stuff for the british firefighters tri team and the finished kit is excellent but then you would expect it to be good kit as the guy that owns the company is ex pro rider and former former british road race champion Steve Joughin

• TSA - was there any mention of artwork costs?  As either a) a one off set up cost like Curore or b) artwork per item ordered like LG?

• Will be interested to hear how the art work set ups differ, I think ImpSport are IRO £100

• M..o.use wrote (see)

TSA - was there any mention of artwork costs?  As either a) a one off set up cost like Curore or b) artwork per item ordered like LG?

M...eldy wrote (see)

Will be interested to hear how the art work set ups differ, I think ImpSport are IRO £100

setup charger for artwork, erm, there isn't any, we only pay for what we get, they cover the art set up cost from the kit

• Thats interesting SA. Very good work there image
  • SA that is a good way to do things is some respect - at least there is no one bulk order to cover that cost

• with technology being so advanced nowadays I am surprised that any company have big set up costs nowadays,..,.....its not like they have to cut out a template and sew it onto a top..its all computerised...

• Yeah, because that advanced technology and the expertise to design and operate it is definitely free...

• most clubs already have their design. they just want it put on the kit....not exactly advanced

• It still takes 'man hours' to implement a design Seren ...and to produce something to send back to the buyer for approval whether that be a sample or a digital sample

• Have had a good experience so far with my 'work' order, the price per item is clear, each items counts to the minimum price order (10 is the minimum)

order to delivery date - 8 weeks although they can work to less

• I've seen 'race skin' kit this week, only the tri suit. (New club kit)It looks ok. I've not see anything else. Personally, I wear separates and always worn orca bottoms and would suspect a tri top to be fine for long distance.

impsport supply Lincs tri, there kit again looks ok, I can get back to you on if it is. (I'll ask some off the guys that wear it)
  • I'm not hearing very good reports on impsport kit. Consensus was, over priced, poor quality and ill fitting.

OH race inbox 'raceskin' this week and likes it
  • Hello hello. Firstly, apologies for the zombie resurrection of this thread. But perhaps it makes sense to have the argument now rather than at kit ordering time...

When I got my first load of pirate kit from Louis Garneau in 2008 it was gorgeous good quality stuff that fit well - the best stuff I had had up to that point. I still wear the Monaco and Cycle top even though I replaced them this year - the new stuff feels cheap and doesn't fit properly.I get all my other tri kit from Fusion now which I love, and they do custom orders and I'm sure many other companies do as well.

If there is any appetite for exploring alternatives I would be happy to do some research.

• Fusion do some nice kit, for me it doesnt seem to fit

Raceskin do our club kit and that *feels* quality

I for one do believe that we should explore other avenues, it should not be taken as a personal attack on anyone, just a natural evolution.   LG is so behind the times in respect of lead time and exchange rates and to some extent prices and minimum order, most of the companies that I contacted had a minimum order but they were made up from different kit items

I have recently dealt with kit from Impsports, personally do not think the kit is up to our standard and sizing was a massive issue, the size 10 was childlike.

I know Posh Twat had some very nice kit made up, I am sure he will be happy to share and of course Rich M was more than happy also to guide us through a process ...

I will say tho that the cycling jacket from yesteryear is still standing the test of time, the only criticism is that it is totally black on the back, i'm all for safety and the second run of all yellow was much better although harder to clean! 

• The zips bust on my LG cycling top ! I think it was only 10 years old as well....

I've ordered from Impsport in the past and quality wasn't great. Never ever ever go with red bibshorts.

If anyone suggests we get yellow bottoms - I'm resigning from Triathlon (again)
  • I'd be keen to explore new providers... I too don't think the LG kit is that great anymore... I still use a Cofidis one piece tri suit of (I think) 2009 vintage, and can't seee the LG stuff lasting 7+ years... (although agree about the excellent LG cycling jackets... mine has done thousands of miles and is still in good nick)
    lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • My entire contribution to kit discussions seems to centre on exchange rates, but it bears repeating that earlier this year, £1 bought you $1.40-1.50 and now it only gets you $1.22 or thereabouts, so LG kit prices just took quite a hike.

• a very important point at the moment for any kit bought outside the UK

• The club I've joined here uses impsport 

pros. You can order single items, easy to administer, the top of the range tri suit is superb

cons. Expensive, long lead times,  the material for the running top soaks up water, by the time I finished the Lakesman my running top weighed more than me ! Would have given everything for my Pirate Monaco 

• +1 for a review of options. There must be one or more suppliers out there who can do decent kit, online, without the need to manually batch and dispatch orders over many months. Does it *really* matter if there is more than one supplier, and people do their own thing, to suit their own sizing, timing, and budget? Not racing kit, but I got a black polo shirt done with a yellow skull and crossbones by Vistaprint, just uploaded the logo.

Apart from LG and Impsport, who are all the big UK tri clubs using for their custom kit?

• I'm sure I've seen somewhere that Endura are now doing custom kit. Could be worth a look
  • M...eldy wrote (see)

Fusion do some nice kit, for me it doesnt seem to fit

Raceskin do our club kit and that *feels* quality

I for one do believe that we should explore other avenues, it should not be taken as a personal attack on anyone, just a natural evolution.   LG is so behind the times in respect of lead time and exchange rates and to some extent prices and minimum order, most of the companies that I contacted had a minimum order but they were made up from different kit items

I have recently dealt with kit from Impsports, personally do not think the kit is up to our standard and sizing was a massive issue, the size 10 was childlike.

I know Posh Twat had some very nice kit made up, I am sure he will be happy to share and of course Rich M was more than happy also to guide us through a process ...

I will say tho that the cycling jacket from yesteryear is still standing the test of time, the only criticism is that it is totally black on the back, i'm all for safety and the second run of all yellow was much better although harder to clean! 

The tri suit PT had made was from Cuore, it is amazing, both in look and quality, the price is steep but if it last a few years its worth it.

I showed it to people in Lanza and at Outlaw, got a good response.

We agreed at the start of this thread to get a selection of other prices/quotes and examples of other suppliers....as far as I can see no one else has done this.

People can recommend any number of other kit suppliers but it needs people to do something about it.

• "People can recommend any number of other kit suppliers but it needs people to do something about it"

I think I see the flaw in the cunning plan ...

My original LG stuff is coming to the end of it's useful life so will be in the market for new kit in the next 12 months or so. I'm happy to do what I can from here, but as most Pirates are UK based, and can see and share samples from their tri clubs/local friends, I'm probably of even less practical assistance than usual.

I'll check out some local custom options in the unlikely event they'd be an option for the masses in the UK, or to just do a once off order for me.

• Found a few custom kit links on the local Transitions website here in Oz.

No details on pricing, but looks good, and very tri/IM focussed. Someone mentioned $159 for a one piece custom suit.
    https://www.facebook.com/awesomelookingtriathlonclothing/

Here's Cannibal's T&C's, with own online shop

Fusion get good reviews on Trannies too
    http://fusionmultisport.com.au/pages/custom-printing

There's a whole host of reasons any/all of these might not be appropriate for a wider Pirate order, but if only to show what other suppliers are able to offer in terms of kit and ordering process, about 20 minutes of googling has turned up 3 apparently well regarded custom kit suppliers over here. Will check them out a bit more when I have a chance.

• I love my fusion kit, love, love, love it.  It fits well and lasts.  Although I had reason to contact them for business a while back and at that time said they couldn't 'customise' their kit at that point.

• I got an email from Fusion last week offering custom kit - which is why I came in. I will follow up and get more details - it will not suit everyone though. image