Options

Experian Robin Hood Marathon

Comments

• Options
    2:46 - a PB as it was my first.

I am really pleased with that time - aiming for under 3 hours. Sweeper bus overtook me at 11 miles, but I didn't care!

Sorry you DNF marshallini.

I'll be back next year!
  • Options
    DNF at 15 . . . could have carried on but
    I knew I could not manage 26 and did not want
    a long walk back or a wait for the bus.
    manged 15 in 2;15 which was bang on target!

Nice course, nice organisation - maybe if I
    skip having the flu next year I will do it!

I ended up running back towards the finish
    at about 2:20 official time - just as all
    were looking for the full marathon elite.
    Some of the crowd started cheering and clapping me and
    it took a couple of minutes for me to work
    it out;-))

well done all - windsor in two weeks!
  • Options
    My 4th time over this course. Managed 2:14:00 for the half, which is my second best time (best was 2:12:05 in 2001). Weather was ideal, organisation was superb (as usual). I'll be back next year.
    Well done everyone especially tiredgirlks - a 2:17 half after 4 months is brilliant!
  • Options
    Great start, especially the cannon.
    Great organisation.
    Great course.
    Above all a great result. 97mins, a pb by 3 mins
    How did I run mile 3 in 6.30 when all the others were at least 45 secs slower? Something not quite right there.
  • Options
    Well done all - couldn't run in the end due to achilles but did watch at Woolaton Park near the childrens play equipment.

There were still people going through the 7 mile marker in not much under 3 hours as I drove home - by that time the water tables were being taken away and they were having to ask directions as all the support had gone - you have to admire the determination to finish.
  • Options
    Well fantastic event again, seemingly much better organised than last year, plenty of water and plenty of support.

Did the 1/2 in 2:07 by my watch - taking 11 minutes off last years time. I did notice there were a few changes on last years course - felt it made it better as th hills in the rist three miles didn't seem as severe as i remember them.

Apparently one woman went into labour in the fun run - thoughts are with her!
  • Options
    Well done to everyone especially Mr Giggly elephant- 1.45 ish for first half. I did last years and nearly melted but hope to be back next year espec now it is getting bigger.As a spectator I would like to ask marshalls and security to sort out viewing area BEFORE it starts. My daughter nearly got hit by a railing as they were telling a load of us to move. Then people were getting in front of us so couldn't see anything!! I am not usually an angry person but I was driven to it this morning!! WELL DONE EVERYONE
  • Options
    woollaton parker.. what were the stops? dont tell me you saw a tree :D
    i did see all the doggies.. very good.. mad but very good.

i chatted to ant in the crowds up to 3 miles before he shifted up a gear and went off into the distance.
    i thought what the heck i'll push on while i can certainly miles 5-15 were a bit quick.
    then caught up with xerxes for a natter and we provided a sterling windbreak service round the rowing lake.

and i truly did lose the will to live there.

dropped xerxes second time into the wind (sorry), i knew if i started walking now i'd had it.

as it happened i did have a few walks as the track along the river was just as windy in places.

over the bridge made me feel seasick but i knew it wasnt far to go and picked up the pace to sneak under 4hours (clock time).

sorry not to hang about after xerxes as you were only about 1/2mile behind but i'm not terribly sociable after these things (sat with my eyes closed in the changing area for 10minutes).

all in all a succesful venture, and my achilles; that i was trying to ignore from about 12miles, held out.
  • Options
    Hi All

Well done to all those who ran and finished commiserations to those who didn't finish and bad luck to those who could not start due to colds/injury.

As requested earlier in the thread I swapped work weekends just so you would not have scorching hot weather. I've been missing from on here for nearly a week due to those wonderful (not) persons at BT.

I may have one or two of you on piccies as I took three rolls of film, mostly of my clubs runners though.
  • Options
    any blue spots, let me know muzzy :)
  • Options
    Oh! And a very big well done to Jan, Sarah and Karen. All first time half marathoners finishing in just over 2 hours.

Big Kisses to all three.
  • Options
    I will probably spend many an hour trying to match your numbers to runners in my piccies, if I find any I will let you know.
  • Options
    this sounds rather nice

well done to all

er, usual Hippo question----how slow was the last marathon finisher please?
  • Options
    Hi all,

Congratulations to all that made it to the end. Commiserations to all that DNF.

My race went well for the first half, peeling off at the 12 mile mark in 1:50. Things were going well until the off road section at around 18/19 miles, where I ended up having to walk for a while.

Really suffered at the 20-23 miles and wondered if I would ever get to the finish. The wind was almost as bad as Hurricane Ivan!!

Hobbled into the finish at 4:27. I will be back next year, but will be sticking with the half.
  • Options
    Well done all, I finished the full marathon in 3:14, which was better than expected having been injured since early july, and only having these last couple of weeks running again. That bloody wind machine was out of order at holme pierpoint, whos idea was that, having just run 20 miles, then having to run into that wind for 5 of the last 6 was a real killer, never mind nothing you can do about it, although one marshall did apologise for the wind when we went past him coming out of the lake area.
  • Options
    Muzzy didnt see you with the camera, ran my heart out and came home with the clock on 3hrs 32mins, dont konw what my chip time will be but am absolutley delighted with my time for my first full marathon.
    Could not quite believe we were having to run in that wind around the watercourse.
    When i ran through the finish i def was on the point of passing out. Im currently signing off and going to the pub.
  • Options
    Sorry Darren, by then I had run out of film so retired to a pub with one of the three ladies mentioned earlier.

Well done with the finish time, over an hour better than my one and only marathon effort.
  • Options
    impressive darren.... dazzle i/we must have passed you at some point.

and sorry.. but into labour??? come on!!
  • Options
    Marshallini i was the runner behind you when you pulled up at holme pierrpont hall, recognised you from picture and orange ellsmere port vest. hope you are okay and good luck for the future. Had been about 2/300 yards behind you for ages and thought it might be you as you had said you were trying for 3hr 30. i kept focusing on you as we ran down that up and down puddled track which absolutely caned my knees. Once again hope you are okay and good luck for the future
  • Options
    Did anyone get any photos there, or can you ring them to purchase pictures.
  • Options
    hippo,

Currently 6:31

I am really cheesed off to find that they have not published all the results for the half - seems to stop at 1:56

Maybe more to come?
  • Options
    not sure what company it was... they'll either be linked to on the website or they'll send you something in the post... or both
  • Options
    photos will be on actionphoto.net - but I think (hope!) they are last years at the moment, or I had a sex change on the way round!!
  • Options
    I knew the wind would be strong around the rowing course as ive ran around there many times and its very often windy, just didnt realise that you had to go up, down and up again. I didnt say never again at the end i just wolfed down my soreen loaf which ive never eaten before and collapsed.
  • Options
    just checked my chip time and was 3hrs 30mins and 8 seconds
  • Options
    1.52.40 chip time so achived target, would have been 4 or 5 mins faster but I think I tryed to drink the Trent! Had a barrel full in my gut by 10 miles, really knocked down the split times. Why did I drink so much? On training runs have just had one small bottle, but today had a drink at every stop. Well done everybody, the full sounds hellish.
  • Options
    It took me longer to get out of the half marathon car park than to run the ruddy thing

Saw Ant and Ed, Soo b Doo, Natnif and crafty boy at the start, xerxes passed me at about 10 as I was hurtling round with the trainee.

Full next year .................. maybe
  • Options
    BodBod ✭✭✭
    1:44:13, a PB by 2 secs! and 20mins faster than first time I ran this race in 1997.

Very pleased, was a 8m/m pacing run for my 3:30 attempt at Abingdon, happy with constant pace through the race. Ran 3m beforehand and 2m afterwards as wu/cd. 2nd mile was very long (8:40) and 3rd mile short (7:05), thought a few other mileposts not especially accurate -not a great problem but disconcerting when you're trying to squeeze out a target time.

GF201 distance 13.36 - within 2%
  • Options
    i did it, i did it, i did it,
    i finished,i finished,i finished,
    never again,never again,never again,

1st( and last) ever marathon,4 hours 26 mins, wind around lake was CRAZY,gonna stick to 10k's and half's.

great day,great crowds, well organised..roll on next year(half!)