Monday 24th May

2»

Comments

• Options
    what: light weights and a bit of an aerobic workout
    why; supposed to be a rest day
    last hard; still the moonwalk
    last rest; todsay i suppose

Its sooooo nice out ther i may go for a sprint round the common a couple of times just to get some sun on my back..............
  • Options
    what: light weights and a bit of an aerobic workout
    why; supposed to be a rest day
    last hard; still the moonwalk
    last rest; today i suppose

Its sooooo nice out ther i may go for a sprint round the common a couple of times just to get some sun on my back..............
  • Options
    WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Did 8 miles this morning still feeling queasy but that was not going to stop me with 10@100 metres fast.I felt good ...whispers no injurys no back pain...I love it when the running goes so well.

Enjoy the day it is beautiful
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Hi all.

Read some really good race reports yesterday, well done everyone. Some outstanding performances!

Im concentrating on the race on wednesday (South Yorks league race 3, Worsbrough) dont mind much if i dont beat the world cos i know im not at my nest at the moment but thats got to change soon and hopefully it may be the start of the change come wednesday night.

What: 6 miles easy am, 1hr easy fartlek pm

Why: Trying to start the week as i should be finishing by getting about 15 miles in.

Last Hard: Thursday

Last Rest: 26 Days
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

6 miles nice and steady for me soon.
    Lizzy, you're a walking disaster, hope you recover soon, before the next mishap.
    Great reports from the triathletes, very interesting.
  • Options
    Evening

Lizzy sorry to hear about another bike incident - truck/van drivers really pi$$ me off too - glad you gave the verbal!

Plum doing doubles already;-)

Monique how long did it take you yesterday for your cycle? - I used my Garmin yesterday as wanted to check out if my speedo on my bike was correct as they were pretty much spot on!

What: 4 miles very easy recovery run.

Why: Was actually meant to be a complete rest day but so nice here this evening I just had to get out.

Last Hard: Yesterdays hills

Last Rest: 9 days

Laters
  • Options
    Giggling tortoise pops head on excitedly after reading title of thread!

Oh! Where did everyone run away too!
  • Options
    Evening,

50 minutes easy this afternoon as recovery after reckie yesterday of one of my South Downs 100 m relay legs - race is in two weeks and one more leg to reckie.

Last rest: Saturday

Have fun.
  • Options
    i am resting

No excuse really, but soddit

lets hope there arent 3 unplanned rest days this week
  • Options
    evening all

what: 3 miles in 17:48 (i.e. run at just short of intended 5 mile pace)
    why: confidence booster, basically
    last hard day: Fri
    last rest day: Sat

q pleased with that, especially as the wind (blowing off one of the SEVEN SEAS)was capricious & never v helpful.....

...back later to look at thread properly.
  • Options
    Speedie- I never stopped my watch when we stopped (to eat bananas) so I don't have an accurate time, most miles are under 4 minutes though looking at the Garmin, it has proved to be pretty close to my bike speedo in terms of distance travelled.
  • Options
    Simon, I think it's a race to take as it comes!

BR, two Invicta East Kent athletes on here, one of us has won the London marathon!!!
    & I'm still trying :-)

also my first post of the day has dissapeared, strange!!!!

6M easy done, legs felt tired.
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 5½miles meant to be steady, but couldn't help picking up speed on off road sections only about a mile in total

Why: consistency consistency consistency

Last Hard: Friday
    Last rest: Tuesday i think

If in 20 years time a young local male athlete wins the olympics. Well can i claim credit. I was on my way home when this little lad, about 3 years old decided to run a few yards with me. His mum was with him "Do you want to run with the lady"

Beautiful night out.
  • Options
    Great run tonight - a pb for my "6" mile course - 34:31. Felt superb. Nice to have the legs back to normal.
  • Options
    lol, Tim.

Met an ex-club member the other night who was part of a team which won the team prize at London about 10 years ago. Told me he admired Horwill so much he invitied him up to club presentation evening to give a lecture:)

Our new daily poster has an impressive background as well in ultras.
  • Options
    I think I'm one of the only AFD who comes on here. Most of the kids hang out on the message board of www.university-athletics.co.uk and alot of us frequent letsrun.com.
  • Options
    BT, I was wondering about your 1st post too

- I ain't got a clue about the lyrics

6.7 miles at lunch time felt easy and was completed 1 minute faster than previous steady's. Perhaps this extra speed training is starting to pay off.

I know I'm the only Loftus athlete on here. The rest are out running or biking.
  • Options
    kissing the tortoise!!!!!!!!!

"Seven Seas" by "Echo & The Bunnymen"

I think Horwill is great, a total nutcase! but still great :-)
    Have heard him talk a number of times, he told me off once for doing press-up's wrong!
    Trouble is that I broke my left arm at school & cannot straighten it fully.
  • Options
    Just found out I'm off to race in Holland on the 12th June! yippee.
    Meeting up with some of MM ex-club mates :-)
  • Options
    Evening All

Well done to everybody recovering from the heavy weekend sessions

What: 5 miles easy am, 18 mile cycle followed by 5 mile run pm
    Why: Duathlon Training

Have a good day everybody
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Evening all. A bit of a late post for me, but so busy today.

No aches from yesterday's tri and was quite pleased when I checked my bike computer to see the distance was 19.33 miles not 18.5 and I actually covered it in 1:13:28 averaging 15.78mph on a hilly course. So not too disappointed with that.

Did my run tonight, but went an extra 2 miles doing 12 in total as it was so nice out. I kept the pace very easy and could've carried on, but didn't have any drink with me and it was very warm. Lovely run, so pain in lower leg, but was a little sore after so applied ice. I think I should be ok to race on Sunday, but not sure I'll be running race pace.
  • Options
    9.6 miles cycling this afternoon - averaged just over 14mph. i do have some slightly tender bits from yesterdays tri though - the start of the cycle had me going ouch quite a lot!

then i managed 2400m of tonights planned 2800m swim before running out of time.

lots of fun but i'm pretty tired now - i wasn't as fully ok after yesterday as i thought i was!
  • Options
    Not much Echo and the Bunnymen for me today, more like The Clash "Should I stay or should I run?" Last Thursday did intervals in heavy rain and caught a cold. Bit blocked nose and sore throat, but no fever.

Reading about two Benoits today. First, someone here mentioned Benoit Z. French European Marathon record holder, he ran yesterday in Manchester a shocking 33:39, possibly some people on the thread here can run faster! Then Joan Benoit, 1984 LA Olympics gold medal in marathon, didn't know that she qualified for this year's Olympic trails in 2:42 at age 45! Impressive.

What? 5.5m very easy jogging
    Why? Recovery
    Last hard? Sunday
    Last rest? Saturday
  • Options
    Sam PantherSam Panther ✭✭✭
    Good evening

Haven't read yesterdays thread but will do do that next.

Despite my best intentions have not done anything since last Tuesday. So today:

What: easy 4.5 miles
    Why: get back into the swing of things
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Wednesday till yesterday.
  • Options
    Hogweed Trot 10k race report

For me this started in Abingdon, where I finished work. 2 hours to spare, no worries, use the facilities before departure, & get on the road. Suddenly realise that I was going to have to tank it to get to Yate, and I wasn't exactly sure of where the start was. Made it with 15 minutes to spare in which to change, use loo again (the run to & from became the warm up) and get to the start with 5 minutes to spare. Adrenaline charged.

Met up with LLL who keeps beating me. I hang back after last week's succesful start from mid pack. I planned to go at 6:22 for a 39:30 time.

For the first mile I sit tight and wait for the sprinters to drop off. LLL is in a group of 7 a few yards ahead. I corner tightly and take the whole group.
    M1....6:23 ace. Feels good.
    Some to-ing and fro-ing, but I am running my own steady state race plan.
    M2....12:43 Brill. There is a road cone to loop around, and I take it aggressively, but safely. I've got 15 yards on LLL, and there weren't that many ahead of me.
    M3....19:00 ish. Halfway and working a bit now. There's 50 yards to the geezer ahead, and 5 yards to the geezer behind. It stays this way for miles. I feel the other guy get closer, but a long & gentle upgrade (almost flat) destroys him. He's replaced by LLL. B******r. He gives me some respect and waits behind me. We turn down-sun and I can see his long shadow on the floor. Each time his head moves forward past my feet I put extra effort in, to hold him off.
    It only works until just after mile 4, when he surges past and lays down a 50 yard gap very quickly.
    M5...can't remember the time. But not too far off. Another runner is with me. When do I push? I feel that the pace is upped. I also feel that my core temperature is climbing, so I let him go. Another, wheezing & gasping runner comes up. I'm waiting until I think it's time to go. He passes me, then I let fly for a sprint and take him back before the line.
    The finish was hidden, but I guessed correctly where it was.

Position 18 and ANOTHER PB of 39:31.
    LLL got 39:01 and p15. Both chuffed, and both holding a 100% pb record against races entered.
  • Options
    Great racing blisters & LLL
  • Options
    Nice pacing there Blisters, and LLL with the negative splits.