Options

Monday 24th May

A sunny good morning here!

What: 6M easy recovery run pm
Why: a tough weekend

Last hard: Sat
Last rest: 9 days

SiT, we going for a short easy loosener Saturday afternoon?

back later............

Comments

• Options
    Morning, sunshine all the way here too

What: 6M easy at lunchtime
    Why: unwind the legs from yesterdays eyeballs out

Last hard: Yesteday
    Last rest: Saturday

Congrats to all the "Tri-er's" yesterday, total respect
  • Options
    morning
    Sunshine here too!

What: 10K tonight
    Why: Schedule say so
    Last Hard: Friday
    Last rest: Saturday

Congrats to the Tri- heros of yesterday... Swimming makes me tired thinking about it.
  • Options
    Morning

What: joining the 6 miles easy club

Why: recovery

Last hard: Weds

• Options
    What: Nothing!!:)
    Why: resting before race series Weds/Thurs/Fri
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Today

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Just finished reading the last of yesterday's posts as I had to go to bed early last night-so tired! Well done everyone who raced or trained hard yesterday. It always amazes me the amount of effort and training that goes on amongst us!

Beautiful day here too, but unforunately stuck indoors most of it.:o(

what:10 miles easy
    why:only chance to see if I'm able to still do Plymouth 1/2 on Sunday. I need to do this for confidence. I know I've lost a bit of speed, but hopefully not too much.
    last hard:at last I can post-YESTERDAY
    last rest:Sat

Happy Monday all!:o)
  • Options
    Morning,

What: rest
    Why: Woke up in an advanced state of DOMS. Can now walk reasonably well but unfortunately will be spending most of the day sitting down listening to pharmocology lectures. Think I might need my zimmer frame to get home!

Hilly, glad to hear you sounding happier, hope the run goes well.
  • Options
    Good morning everyone,

Back from the Big Apple. A fun trip, but glad to be home.

Got to run with my old running buddy, which was a highlight. She lives in New Hope, a gorgeous, leafy area in Pennsylvania. Lots of wild life to run with (or away from in the case of particularly mad geese!)

Didn't run in New York city as planned. Just found it way too dirty, polluted and crowded. Had a really good time there enjoying the many other things the city has to offer, but as a runner, would hate to live there. Went for some very long walks in Central Park, which was gorgeous and probably a good place for running, but you would have to have buckets of money to live anywhere nearby!

What: today just some yoga and cycling

Why: recovering from jetlag

Last hard: On holiday, are you kidding?

Looking forward to catching up on yesterdays thread, sounds like some serious effort put in by people.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone.
  • Options
    ah bella bella...

What: Getting there...
    Why: recovering alcoholic.. nope wrong forum, recovering from tendonitis
    Last hard: am 6 mile ride to gym 2500 row
    Last rest: saturday

Oh how i cant wait to run again....
  • Options
    Morning all..........

Just caught up with the tail end of yesterday's thread as I didn't get online last night. Unfortunately no time to congratulate everyone individually (cos I'm at work!) but well done to all round- must've been one of the busiest days on the thread for some time! Some excellent performances going on :o)

Had a great run yesterday evening covering 13 miles in 1:35 and building speed as I went. Started at 7:30/m miling and managed the last 3 miles in 6:45/m. Training for the New Forest marathon starts in 2 weeks but this bodes well for when I start :o)

What: 6 miles later
    Why: keep the legs ticking over
    Last hard: Sat
    Last rest: 3 days

Have a good day in the sunshine!

• Options
    Morning all, lovely bright warm sunny day in London E1, East London traffic a nightmare this morning though.

What: Not much over the weekend, out on the bike (yesterday's ride curtailed when the chain broke), yesterday some core stability work on the Swiss ball plus 3 x 30 lunges, 3 x 30 squats, 30 press ups.
    Why: Calf needs at least another week to recover - work on core strength and stability in meantime.
    Last run: 8 days.
    Nex run: 13 days.

Have a good running week.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

What: 6m easy
    Why: seems to be fashionable today
    Last hard: Saturday

I'm off on a research trip to North Wales today, so I won't be online again til the weekend. Have a great week everyone, and run well.
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    4 miles, was aware of the achilles at times, but not a problem. The rest of me was pretty stiff. Clearly better to run if at all possible. If all goes well, no repercussions tomorrow, I'll regard the incident as closed, and see what I can do about restructuring schedule to get to Potts.

Great triing yesterday, great reading.

Enjoy the day all.

• Options
    Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone. Life is looking a little rosier all round so am embarking on a new schedule this week for a 10K.

What: nothing

Why: Great schedule....it starts with a rest day! Might trot out for gentle jog later this evening though.

Last hard: can't remember

Last rest: yesterday.

Hope today brings good things to you all.
  • Options
    Morning!

Haven't read yesterday's thread yet, will do so later.

A nice easy 4 or 5 miles for me today. Rest yesterday - not much of one though, spent the day in Brighton with SooBDoo, shopping, and some of you have seen how that woman can shop!!!
  • Options
    SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    All of you here are warmly invited to wander over and sign Lizzy's card (Track event of the season)

Thanks!
  • Options
    Morning,
    Feeling suprisingly fresh after yesterdays very hilly 14k race. Sunburn has died down too.

What: 1km swim (first swim since FLM) done. 1 hour steady club run pm if this cold doesn't develop anymore.
    Why: Need to start building mileage up again.
    Last Rest: Saturday.
  • Options
    what?
    trunce race 3
    4.2m over x country
    including 3xriver crossing
    well done all racers
    some good reports goin out
  • Options
    morning everyone

no problems at all after yesterday - not even stiff! i find it amazing that tri simply doesn't leave me with the same soreness or stiffness as the equivalent length run would!

training starts today for milton keynes tri - my first olympic distance and open water tri!

so from now on training will look like...
    mon: swim - mostly endurance work but will depend on what the club coaches have set
    tues: run - tempo or intervals
    weds: cycle - building distance up starting at about 15 miles
    thurs: swim - drills
    fri: run - easy
    sat: rest?
    sun: long run or race

once i get a wetsuit i'll start open water swim practice on saturdays and probably drop the monday swim. i also need to fit another cycle in there but i'm not quite sure where to do that yet.....

i'm cutting down the amount of running drastically but hoping the cycling and swimming will help with that too.

so today....

what: 2800m swim with tri club tonight. includes some distance swims decreasing from 800m down to 100m and some 1 length sprints.
    why: because thats what the coaches have set
    last hard: yesterday :-)
    last rest: saturday

i feel like i've been really lazy the last few weeks so its time to get my act together again!

• Options
    Morning all.
    Ive contributed to this thread only sporadically in the past, but Ive decided to get my act together and start getting on here more regularly in the future.
    In common with most other folks its a nice, easy day for me to start the week. Just a short 20min run to work and the same home this evening.
    I see the Italians and the French have chosen their marathon teams for Athens.
    For the Italians its Stefano Baldini Daniele Caimmi and Alberigo Di Crecco in the mens. The womens team is Ornella Ferrara Bruna Genovese and Rosario Console.
    For France. Driss El Himer El Hasssan Lahsinni and Benoit Zwierzcherski in the mens and Hafida Gadi-Richaud Rikiya Quetier-Maraoui and Cirinne Raux in the womens.

Happy runnnings everyone!
  • Options
    What a great weekend!

You know when after a while the training starts to come together and you turn away from home to just put a few more miles in because nothing really hurts or aches at all...I ran for two hours and twenty minutes yesterday - which for me is really an achievement. I've no idea how *far* it was at all though....

Sometimes it's possible to amaze yourself when all of a sudden training suddenly appears to pay off!

So...

What - Light weights/rest day.

Why - Resting from Sunday epic 2:20

Last hard - Yesterday.

Last rest - Wednesday.

• Options
    Morning!

what: rest from running. Gym later.

Happy running!
  • Options
    Afternoon,

What: 6 miles recovery

Why: legs screaming blue murder at me and very sore

Last rest day: 29 days

Tim - race apparently starts at 3pm on Sunday which is not ideal. Will hold back my Sat run then to do gentle 5 or 6 miler Sat pm once you are here. But still not 100% certain I will run as it may still just be Mary with me babysitting!

Simon

• Options
    Afternoon,

What: nothing for me today
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: a while ago, as I didn't feel well last week
    Last rest: Friday

Some good stuff from the weekend. Well done to all who raced etc.. Makes good reading.
  • Options
    Hi Peter. That brings the amount of Barnsley AC members on here up to 5:)
  • Options
    Morning all

Oh what a *beautiful* day - first sunny day here in about four weeks.

So... got up early and did 20 miles on the bike, a real lactic acid ride!

Yes, I know I have a dodgy ankle, but the weather was just so beautiful.

ACtually, ankle does not hurt when cycling, only when up and out of the saddle, so hills were a bit slower, but everything else was good.

Got into somthing of an altercation with a lorry, which pulled out on me, too late for me to brake, so had to swerve to the other side of the road to miss him, ended up perilously close to a ditch.

Adreneline surging, I caught up with the lorry driver, pulled alongside his vehicle, and hurled large amounts of abuse in a variety of languages in through the open window of his cab. He was on the phone. So possibly hadn't seen me when he pulled out. But that is no excuse.

I think he was a little surprised to be doing 45kmh and having a bike matching his speed. Which then pulled in front of him. When he finally overtook me it was so funny to watch him then overtake MrB on his bike - I have never seen a driver give a cyclist so much room!

HAve a great day all - the weekend's posts made for some fab reading.
  • Options
    Hello. Well done to all weekend racers, including those for whom the day didn't go exactly as planned. Hope muscles, blisters, etc are settling down nicely.

7 miles yesterday in 80mins 30secs, 3 mins faster than same route last weekend, so really pleased. If my maths is right, that's 11.5-min miles which, for me, is a real improvement over the last 4 months.

Rest day today.
  • Options
    Hoorah for the cyclist. well done Lizzy you speak for many, glad the ankle hasn't stopped you.
    Hmm Barnsley, There are two regular dewsbury posters, myself andYorkshire Running Man, plus Claire Shaw who posts occasionally and Bernard who posts when there is our 10k race stuff to discuss, I bet Serpentine have the most though.

What- cycle to and from work, really want to get some more training in tonight but have some work to do.
  • Options
    wahey, go Serpies!

<sorry...>
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

What: gym session done, easy 10 later.
    Why: strength building
    Last hard: 30.11.03
    Last rest: 37 days

Have a good one
  • Options
    Afternoon all