Options

Training session-- Tuesday 21st

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hi all,

Well done to everybody who took part in the race last week-end. You sound like you enjoyed it! and the puddles, and the mud....!
    SiT, how is your baby, hope is well.

What: speed session on the Treadmill:
    warm up 10 min @ 9.0k/h
    3x 400m @ 11.5k/h
    warm down 10 min @ 8.0k/h
    last rest: yesterday but did BodyPump
    Last hard: this morning
    what again: tonight 5.3K normal or easy( just see how the legs feel)

Happy Running!

• Options
    Hi all,

Mary and Lucas released from hospital today so big relief all round and thoughts can go back to the training programme.

What: 10 miles steady run in 85 mins

Simon
    Why: mid week longish run

Last rest: yesterday

The thought of 8 800 metres in 2:20 is enough to make me break out in a sweat also

Simon

Last r
  • Options
    think we're all pleased to hear your news SiT
  • Options
    Hooray, rest day!

What: As you might have twigged, rest day.
    Why: Eight-day schedule at the moment - training for seven days, resting on the eighth.

Last hard: Hilly 45 minutes yesterday
    Last rest: Monday last week

Achilles, who needs Horwill?!
  • Options
    RB - good question. if Frank doesn't come through for me, I'm going to hunt him down and shoot him like a dog. ;-) enjoy your rest day.
  • Options
    Achilles, perhaps I could write you a programme.....
  • Options
    Hi Mike S

Have the adv of being a former, (poss again one day) 800m/1500m runner... speed isn't the issue - trying to increase the quantity and decrease rest as first marathon (FLM)coming up soon..... Fine on these sessions - can't 'get into' long runs. Still do them with sufferance
  • Options
    IRW - I'm the opposite, I hate speedwork, tolerate pace runs but LOVE my long runs!

What - 5M, supposedly at marathon pace (9min/mile) but altho I pushed it as hard as I could I averaged about 10min/mile - never mind, my body was telling me it was a fast pace run!

Why - swapped with my speedwork (Yasso 800s) session as the weather was SO awful this morning I couldn't face intervals!

Last rest - yesterday

Last hard - 10k race on Sunday

• Options
    IRW - I did my first (and last?) marathon last year, also hate long runs. I found the best solution was to get out the door really early on a Saturday / Sunday (6:00 - 7:00 am), then the run is pretty much done without ruining your day - plus you're usually still half asleep for the first hour!
  • Options
    MartinH,6am on a weekend - wife would kill me.. just find it hard to motivate myself to run for that long. Will try the early start though!
    I can happily run a track or rep session for hours, but find it hard to run on roads for that long - used to run on the fells and hills near where I live for hours, but dodgy ankle mean I haven' tried that in a year or so.. roads seem so tedious - maybe i should dust the fell shoes off and give it a go again...
    thanx for the advice...
  • Options
    Hi all,

What: 3.5miles ish
    Why: shedule says so
    Last Hard Day: Saturday
    Last Rest Day: Yesterday

Pretty much sticking to the shedule, occasionally swop or alter things slightly to fit in with the rest of life.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

What: 10 miles to include either mile reps or 2*2's for speed work.

Why: striving for that marathon pb!

Last hard: Sat

Last rest: Thurs
  • Options
    Ey up!!
    what - club night(speed work)
    why-speed?
    last hard-2hr run yesterday
    last rest-week last saturday!
    Enjoy all!!
  • Options

What: 30 x 440yd, continuous running reps done at 10k pace then marathon pace. After a miserable week of training, i felt like i was flying.

Why: Again aiming for a significant PB

Last hard run: virtually all my 6 runs last week. Stupid!!!!!!

Last Rest Day: Yesterday. Ab fab

Bye for now,
  • Options
    Ye gods, Tuesday is speedwork day without a doubt. Don't think I didn't notice you're also planning second run tonight 1/2m girl, what's going on? Fany, could I train with you, share your sentiments exactly.
    Chatterbox - isn't that the dreaded Horvill variable vomiter I see you posting?

As for me, did my 7 miler by adding on what I guessed to be 2 miles onto 5 mile loop, please let it be further than that as it took me 1.10! Quads still protesting, obviously what I got out of thundering down the final downhill at Helsby I will now pay back with interest.
  • Options
    Laura

No that little speciality is for Thursday's session. Well done at Helsby. I'm surprised you're back running so soon!
  • Options
    Evening all (& Darls), active lot today !!

What:- 1 hr steady running, think that is 8 - 8.5 miles, bit wet and muddy beside the Thames

Why:- Keep the April Marathon option open, Stratford looks likey

Last hard:- Sunday (17 miles in 2 hr) - still feeling it a bit

Last rest:- yesterday
  • Options
    ME again, after a nightmare shift woke up at 1200 and decided to not do my 5 mile run. Instead I shall run tonight during my "dinner hour" ha ! (derisive laff) so....

What : Some sort of speed work ( any suggestions ?)
    Why : Cos I slept in
  • Options
    What: 4 miles easy
    Why: schedule ...
    Last hard: Sun
    Last rest: Fri
  • Options
    I had a rest day
    back hurts
    So playing catchup all week
    Snicks, FAB piccie
  • Options
    Simon SiT, that's good news, what a relief.

LauraL, I have been reading to all the good advice given to me on previous thread.That's why I split my session into 2 as it was a bit too much for me previously. I'm glad I did it as I found it "easier"in a way and my legs feel better too. Thanks for asking.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I FEEL SICK!

Did planned mile reps *5 and for some reason even an hour later my stomach is feeling very queesy.

Did 2 mile warm-up 5*1mile in 6.30,6.33,6.37,6.33,6.35 off 2.30 jog recoveries, then another mile slowly before returning home over the same 2 miles I did as warm-up. The first rep was maybe a little too fast, but I suppose that's normal and is what normally happens at the beginning of a race.

More near 5k pace than 10k I feel. This better do me some justice because it certainly hurt!

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Benz-hope your back feels better after your rest. You really have been working quite hard lately, so enjoy doing nothing for a day or 2!

1/2 girl-impressive having two runs in a day. A good way to build up your running if you can cope with it, which you obviously can.

Laura and all weekend racers'-no slacking I see, good on you!
  • Options
    what: "Speed" session just over 3 miles

1 mile fast
    3/4 mile with 4*1-200m sprints with jogging intervals of 45 secs - 1 min
    half mile limping
    half mile jogging/running
    200m clutching knee and swearing
    50m making it look good for the neighbours

why: don't have a schedule (never follow them) for reading half so just going to keep training a lot (4-6 times a week) and varying the sessions length and effort to keep it fresh.

plan over next few days (will change) - light cross train and weights tomorrow

thursday - 13.1 mile (almost to the yard) run home from work.
  • Options
    Oh dear, that was nasty. Tired, raining. I think I did more than I thought yesterday. Benz - the pic is from Connemara, courtesy of Rich - getting in the mood for the West of Ireland...anyway, ended up doing
    1 hour steady around 7 miles - I think
    Last hard: yesterday - but it felt easy
    Last easy: today - but it felt hard
    Off tomorrow due to work - hills on Thursday
    Happy running etc..
  • Options
    What: 2 miles easy (8.30 min miles) with the kids at lunch.
    Why? they raced at the weekend and I'm easing myself back in.

Planned a gentle 4 miler for the evening, but discretion proved the better part.
  • Options
    Tee hee 'zilla, sounds like my kind of session.
    Hilly, I feel sick too, just reading what you did!
    (must move to Dorset - the sun's always shining in your pics)
    Snicks, also getting in the mood for Coniston with your pic I hope (you do cross a few cattle grids on that run).
    Night all.
  • Options
    What; 6 times 800 reps with 200jog recovery
    Why; Starting to enjoy speedwork !!!
    Last hard; Dartford on sunday
    Last rest: Monday No swimming cossie
  • Options
    Managed ~ 38 mins pretty easy (in the end). Did make some attempt to keep up with the others, but suddenly found myself running thru treacle - so throttled back.
    Quads have eased quite a lot now though.