Options

Cat Bites Runner

2»

Comments

• Options
    My naive view of running bringing me closer to nature, filling me with a sense of peace and harmony with the landscape and the creatures that inhabit it....has been crushed.

Forever.
  • Options
    (looks interestedly at onemoremiles leg.). (No not tasty enough, this will not suit my store of legs)
  • Options
    I now have rabies. Well, actually, it's a cold. Haven't run since monday.

I know the beast is still out there in the darkness...waiting...but I'm going to nurse a hot Lemsip one more day before venturing out again...
  • Options
    Cat update:

Several sightings of the beast have been made between Kew and Chiswick bridges, and along the Thames path at Strand on the Green. I think the cat is following me.

No more attacks but as I'm too chicken to run on its road (and believe me, he is King of his jungle) it's impossible to say if he still likes the taste of my ankles.

• Options
    Have to agree with tea and toast man there - squirrels really are the unsung thugs of the natural world.

It's those fluffy tails. They put you at ease until the spitting, snarling beasts charge you from the nearest branch.

You think I'm kidding don't you - I had a mate that was hospitalised after being "set upon" by a gang of the buggers!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I sympathize with anyone being attacked by these wild creatures!

I dread the signs of spring as I know it will be the time of 'the birds'. I often get chased down the road by massive horrid seagulls who swooop and circle making the most awful noise. It's really quite frightening and I've had to change my running routes in the past to avoid them. The thing is it used to be just once a year when they were nesting now they seem to nest all year round!

Oh well I suppose it's back to wearing a cap (to protect my head, as last year someone a few streets away needed stitches from an attack!)and a stick to wave if they get to close.
  • Options
    Lanky Limper- Are you sure your friend wasn't inadvertantly starring in Trigger Happy TV?
  • Options
    I used to have an attack bunny rabbit, who chased cats out of my garden. Maybe that is what you need?
  • Options
    All has gone quiet on the feline front. And it has been this way for many evenings now.

Running along that road I did see a poster (handwritten) pinned to a tree:

CAT MISSING, black and white, wears a red collar, bites runners (ok, I made up the last bit)

...with a little photo attached.

I feel a bit guilty now, wondering if it might be the aggressive moggy that snapped at my ankles....but on the other hand I'm enjoying having the freedom of the streets once more.
  • Options
    Seen on Ananova.com on Tuesday. Is this where the cat has gone?

UFO could have been electrocuted cat

Experts say a reported UFO sighting in Norway was probably an electrocuted cat.People in Lardal reported seeing a fire ball explode in the night sky and fall slowly down to earth.But investigators think they've solved the mystery after the charred body of a cat was found at the foot of an electrical mast.They believe the unlucky cat climbed up the mast and touched a live wire, reports Aftenposten.Lars Helge Sogn says what people saw was the cat exploding and falling off the mast.
  • Options
    I know I shouldn't laugh, but.....