Options

Monday session

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hope nobody minds a new forum bod joining this thread. Well here's what I did today:

What - 70min cycle with 5 x 5min reps
    & 1500m swim.
    Why - Sprint tri a week Sunday
    Last Hard - 17m yesterday (intraclub race)
    Why - October marathon hopefully.
    Last Rest - Err, probably 6+ weeks ago, but I do have easy days!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Welcome Mowgli!

Iron Man great run, very impressed!

What: (am) 20 mile hilly cycle-down bits were nice. (pm)1hr circuit done outside-hill reps up steps and steep grassy slopes with stomach and arm exercises at the end.
    Why: cycle is for Sept tri. Circuits I just love and didn't want to miss the session, as pretty soon they will be back in the gym instead of outside.
    Last rest day: Sat
    last hard day: today!
  • Options
    Snicks, if I look like a male Paula Radcliffe how soon will my running be that quick????????
    I will look for a better picture in the coming months as thats the best I could do at the moment.
  • Options
    Did the Hoylake 10K course fairly easy-paced, in 40:58 -mean HR 153

Recent dry weather has made some of the off-road bits (usually muddy) really hard & rutted. Some skill required in picking the right lines to run these bits at speed.
    HR might have been lower but for clouds of midges (1 inhaled, 2 attached to lower eyelid, millions drowned in sweat elsewhere on my upper body) at various parts of the course. Also my eyes were for some reason stinging very unpleasantly between 5 and 6K - don't know if there was any connection with the midges.
    Other than that, a useful experience.
    Unfortunately, Matthew was out with his mates so couldn't accompany me.
  • Options
    Ironman, WW & Nessie,
    awesome all round. Some great performsnces there so congrats to all.

mm
  • Options
    What: scrappy two-a-day! Early morning short run which felt just AWFUL, then more structured evening session on the treadmill in the gym - 5km in thirds: easy, hard middling with a kick at the end.

Why: recovering from 5k, but also need a quick injection of 10k work, and a better sense of a pacing strategy.

I am just not an early morning runner! So may have to resign myself to sessions on the treadmill as we lose the long days for winter. This may actually be a good thing, to use the treadmill's inescapable speed and timekeeping to do more work at the upper end of my speed. I think my 5k would improve if I worked on that part of the spectrum. Also need to do some long repeats in the next two weeks.

Congrats to all of you who manage such mammoth workouts on weekdays!

DC
  • Options
    Nice to see you back Snicks, been wondering where you'd got to. Don't you be letting the side down by working too hard now will you!

Congrats Nessie on your first 10K; I doubt if many of the other runners had done a triathlon within the last 7 days.

Didn't get out until 8.45 so did 3 mile hilly loop with my 8 yr old on her bike, poor thing, had to push her up the steepest bits.

Nice to hear you're encouraging your son to run Mike, and not be held back by using an inhaler.