Options

Cliffe Woods 10K

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm just getting back into running after losing interest for a while. Nice easy race to come back on, great organisation, as usual. Acheived 56:37. Two years ago I would have been disgusted with that but now I'm pleased to have something to build on.
  • Options

Hello everyone,

Loved it pleased that I wasn't the only one who found it hard going....Bourne you were just in front of me what was you wearing??? as in what colour vest etc... I came in at 1.16 and as my pb for a 10k is 1.13 thought I did ok. I did overtake people too. Met lots of people that I knew.

Himpy that guy lied to us all about no more hills...

I am looking forward to Deal on Sunday too lets hope it is not as hot as last year...it was blazing sunshine last year got slightly sun burnt...will be prepared this year.

Lynn :)
  • Options
    I look on the heat and humidity as good training for the Dartford Half, which is always HOT.
  • Options
    Results are up - same place as last year, so just follow SLR3458's link.
  • Options
    Woah that was a hot one! I had help from my fella keeping me 'motivated' to come under 55mins despite the weather, I haven't felt that tired after a 10k for a long time!! Great race, great atmosphere, shame about those hills ;o)
  • Options
    Hi Lynn, You did really well especially as you haven't been out running much recently. Deal should be good on Sunday. Michelle, were you wearing an orange top? If so I think I over took you a couple of times and you and your fella over took me. I just didn't have any more fuel in the tank at the end to catch you up. You did really well. Well done everyone.
  • Options
    MalakiteMalakite ✭✭✭
    Well I was absolutely fine for the first 5k, flying along at 21mins, then from 6k onwards the humidity got silly, no breeze whatsoever, and I WILT in the heat, I ended up coming in at 50mins meaning I ran the second half of the race in about 9mins longer that the first half - ridiculous. Last year I ran this in 47mins :( I was carrying a slight injury but it was definately the heat that got to me. I heard of at least 2 people being taken off by ambulance due to collapsing, hope they are ok :(

I have also never seen so many people stopping over the 10k distance, that includes club runners - definately down to the heat I am sure!
  • Options
    Is it my imagination, or have these results been posted and then taken down?
  • Options
    Is it my imagination, or have these results been posted and then taken down?
  • Options
    Gosh, I never heard about the collapses...not good :o(

Himpy, I was in a white top, not orange - I'm sure you passed me though! my fella was all in black and mostly a few feet ahead trying to make me go faster, didn't quite work!

Think I'll be using flatter 10ks with an earlier (hence cooler) start for trying to beat my 52.30 pb.... I'm going for the bluewater 10k in august, hope it's flat! (not quite sure I'll be ready to pull out a PB in less than a month!)

Anyone going for the bluewater one?
  • Options
    FoggoFoggo ✭✭✭
    John, here's a link to the results, they're stilll there.
    http://www.cerebralpalsycare.co.uk/results1.htm

Michelle - Yes Im also doing Bluewater, not sure if its fkat though, Bluwater is in a slight valley isnt it.
  • Options
    Ah yes I did see you. You did a wee bit more overtaking than me.

My other (non running)half said that one girl collapsed just after crossing the line and they had to give her oxygen. She was in a pretty bad way by the sounds of it and another person was being seen to by the St Johns just before the home straight. Hope they are okay now.
  • Options
    Bluewater is in a disused quarry.

The elevation profile given on the race website shows a not totally flat course.