Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options
    jmc--I was referring to myself, Eric and Morticia when i said 'we are all 40'. I reckon you're mid 40s anyway, theres no way you are younger than me. Please can you bring your birth certificate to the track.
  • Options

UB-great photo, how far behind were you.image

Isaac-well said

ES-we did the HP40 with Minnie for her 40th and yes it seems like years ago, so if you've got that in mind, I'd be pleased to join you as I've got unfinished business with last years HP 40 and the Bullock Smithy.image

Minnie-their  SARQ's special "60's" shorts, they're coming back into fashion, thinking about  it, I've got a few pairs like that hiding away somewhere.image

PG-welcome back

GBM-I think your headband my be acting  as a wind shield which might affect your speed.

• Options
    Think I should have worn the matching black ones like everyone else.
  • Options

How Far- I'll wait for 15 minutes and if you've still not finished you can make your own way home image

SARQ - you might be giving ES some ammunition about your shorts.  What size are your shoes?

I've changed my forum name just in case someone mistakes Alfa as in Alfa Romeo for Alpha as in dominant (I think that's what it means).  I accept that beating some of the younger guys on the forum is unlikely, so the challenge is to the V45s on this thread to whup my arse!

• Options

TST - I'm doing Ras yr Aran on Saturday - you could turn it into a biathlon and swim Bala Lake as well image

Upcoming Race List:

Sat 21 Mar - Ras yr Aran FR (nr Bala) - Daz
    Sun 29 Mar - Wilmslow Half - Isaac, Nexus, UB, Funk, FOAR, Jonah8, TB, Eric, mort, GBM, Clairster, MTBB, SiRonic
    Sun 29 Mar - Grizedale Forest Trail Race - Kwaka, TST, ST, Mgmt
    Sun 5 April - Paris Marathon - PPP
    Sun 05 Apr - Blackpool Half - SARQ?
    Sun 05 Apr - Blackpool Marathon - AM
    Fri 10 Apr - Salford 10k - UB, Funk, Kwaka?
    Sat 18 Apr - Hawkshead Trail - Daz, Lady Slugge
    Sun 19 Apr - Lochaber Marathon- GBM, Mort
    Sun 19 Apr - Skipton Tri - TST, Little TST
    Wed 22 Apr - Goyt Valley Trail - TST, MTBB
    Sun 26 Apr - Kinder Downfall - Daz, TST
    Sun 26 Apr - FLM - Isaac, Nexus?, UB, Jonah8, SARQ, Mr Simmons, JMC, Eric, Kwaka, TB, FOAR, clairster, Si Ronic
    Fri 08 May - Christleton 5k - Eric? Funk?
    Sat 09 May - Bollington 3 Peaks - GBM, Daz
    Sun 10 May - South Cheshire 20 - Funk, Paul J, FOAR?
    Wed 13 May - Blackstone Edge FR - Daz
    Wed 13 May - Rainow 5 - GBM, Kwaka?, ST? TST, MTBB?
    Sat 16 May - White Peak Half - Lady Slugge
    Sat 16 May - White Peak Marathon- Clairster, Mort, GBM
    Sat  16 May - Mount Famine - TST
    Wed 20 May - Goyts Moss - GBM, Daz, TST
    Sat 30 May - Cader Idris FR - Daz, TST in spirit
    Sun 31 May - Edinburgh Marathon - Mgmt, ST, FOAR, Fun
    Sun 31 May - Edinburgh Relay - TST, Kwaka
    Fri 5 June - Castleton - TST
    Wed 10 Jun - Boars Head FR - GBM, Daz, ST, Kwaka, TST, MTBB
    Sat 13 Jun - Mourne way Marathon - Clairster
    Sun 14 Jun - Kinder Trog - ST, Kwaka, TST
    Fri 19 Jun/Sat 20 Jun - J8's BG - J8
    Fri 19 Jun/Sat 20 Jun - J8's BG Support Team - GBM, Kwaka, cant remeber the other names
    Sun 27 June - Whaley Waltz - TST, MTBB
    Wed 1 July - Offy 10 - TST, plus all his family!!!!!
    Sat 12 july - Bollington Nostalgia - TST, Kwaka?

• Options

Jonah - Terrible News! imageimage

Just had invite to wedding on June 20th imageimage

atm I can't think of any way to get out of it (complicated family reasons)
  • Options
    Just entered the Lake Vyrnwnynwygy half marathon in September. Looks like a really good PB course but has an 1800 limit. I'll leave it off the list for now.
  • Options
    AM - Glad your taking a more realistic view to life in your old age. Am I the youngest guy on this forum?
  • Options
    JMC-nor the fastestimage
  • Options
    J8/Eric, worked out that the last 13 miles we did on Sunday took 1.23.20, which is why I was really on the limit at the end.
  • Options

DTS-just say no or tell them you're just going walkabout.image

AM-isn't SARQ a V45?image

• Options

SARQ - excellent!  That means 1.23:20 x 2 gets us a 2.46:40 at London.  I've got some union jack shorts you can have to replace your old ones! image

JMC - you certainly don't look the youngest!

• Options

SARQ. - You've hit the nail on the head. I don't think you should be feeling 'on the limit' at the end of a 20 mile run at a projected marathon pace. At that point we should be feeling that we're working hard but still within a 'comfortable' zone and able to carry on for another 6.2 miles.

I didn't have that feeling either at the end. image

• Options

The Broker - SARQ may be a V45 now or soon, but I don't think he has beat me yet in any races (we've raced over 3k, 5k, 10k and half in the past year or two).

JMC steady on there, I've not conceded defeat to you despite the fact that I am giving you at least a 6 year head start!

• Options
    ES-has JMC had a hard life?
  • Options

AM/The broker, I'm only 42!!!!
    I've got to beat you at least once sometime soon, our 5k times are very close (4 secs) and I've got a 1mile time slightly quicker (although it was few years back). I need you to be injured or something, but it's not something I'm going to loose sleep over.

And my marathon time is far superiorimage

UB, I know the feeling, but I think it's probably down to my lower mileage and no speedwork, whereas Eric has been putting the miles in, which is probably why he seemed quite strong on Sunday even at the endimage, I can't tell you how much of an effort it was to keep up with him, my legs still hurt!

• Options
    SARQ-don't forget ES secret of success-his treadmillimage, only 42?
  • Options
    ES-what's your average mileage at the moment and what training plan are you following.
  • Options

TB  - what is going on here, our banter about you being ancient has spread to the kids arguing over who is the oldest. Be comforted that they will never be as old as you, nor as quick when they are V70 that is if their high mileage obsession has not killed them

Minnie - great at the old hall, BBC philharmonic musicians playing 'irish' tunes and free irish stew for all customers. And I worked today

Daz - tempted but might miss out on the swim, Bala sounds chilly

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭
    Hillbillies- What are you supposed to do when you have a badger squealing in your back passage?
  • Options

Morticia-what are you supposed to do, why smileimage, beats chasing sheep as TST can testify

TST-re. the young ones, I think, the excuses are starting early, also, look out for the Dark Horse in the pack.

• Options
    TB - I have been putting in up to 65 miles per week over 5 sessions.  This has been a lot for me because in my 3 previous marathon training schedules I was running over 4 days and getting 50 miles in.  I am not using any specific training schedule as I've put my own together.  It's very simple - I first of all put the weekend long runs in, and in a 16 week schedule that has worked out as 10, half marathon race, 19, 21, 22, 23, 10k race, 22, 20, 20 race, 18, half marathon race, 16, 12, 8, FLM.  I then put the Monday track session in (this works out at 16 miles for me due to running there from work); then I put in 2 x 8 mile runs on Wednesday and Thursday's (running home from work); and then I put in either a 4 or 5 mile tempo run on a Friday or Saturday; or (during the middle of the plan) a 10 or 12 mile marathon paced run on the Friday or Saturday. image
  • Options

Just found out I've made it on to the" Athleticsdata" site.

18th fastest time this year in my age group for a 20 mile raceimage

• Options
    Jonah - I see you also ran the 85th best time of 2008 for a V45 marathon!image
  • Options
    TST - I'd still be asleep if I'd been to the pub on Tuesday - feeling absolutely exhausted at the mo.
  • Options

Eric- you missed the magic treadmill session.

Jonah- I have just read that the Olympic committee have announced that 2012 will host a 20 mile road race.  UK places will be filled by the top seventeen uk athletes at the distance.      Well done on both counts, brilliant achievement.

Morticia- i saw something with badger-like hair in New Mills today

Broker- That'll explain the bespectacled lamb I saw this morning selling Vimto

• Options
    J8 - Is that because you is fast or is it because you is old? image
  • Options
    Eric & GBM - What pace are you running on Sunday?
  • Options

Jonah, well done, although I'd sooner be younger and slower.image

Cannot get rid of a stitch every time I run and can feel it even when I'm not running, got it in towards the end on sunday and it's not gone.
    JMC you seem to be the most versed up on ailment and cures and have the best qualifications, so,
    Question: what causes it and how can I stop it?