Options

The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Options

Is everyone else absolutely cream crackered or is it just me.

Did we get a team prize? 

• Options
    JMC - just you!  Lancaster got the team prize.
  • Options
    excellent times, plenty of sub 3s at london, and gfa for everyone, well if that pace can be maintained. glad I did not do it would have hated coming in last.
  • Options
    Jmc I am knackered!! Great run by all today, we did start off too fast and by 18 miles I started to look at my watch every few hundred yards. Great running though with a group of harriers, thought I might blow up but hung on, nice pacing from eric and Jonah though couldnt have done 6 more at that pace.
  • Options

SARQ -It certainly helps when we all pitch in

Well done on your 1st vet 40 prize.

JMC- Nice to be greeted with "Didn't expect to see you here" for the second time,maybe you just think I'm a crap runnerimage

• Options

Lasting memories of todays race will be looking across the field at the turnaround and seeing a platoon of yellow-vested runners running so strongly.

My legs don't feel that bad but my feet are bloody killing me!!

Anyone want a pair of New Balance 902s (sz 12) with only 40 miles on the clock?

• Options
    morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Yet again you have done Stockport proud. Well done!!!!
    The race times you lot consistently churn out are very impressive indeed. image

Daz-  I am ill and injured as well as disinterested!

• Options

trimpell results
    Notice a few names down the order I do not recognise, how mean of you all to run off and not make them welcome and let them run with you
    SARQ - how did you make 1st v40 seems to be a few ahead of you.
    Should be a team prize I reckon.

• Options

J8 - On the contrary, I'm seriously concerned for London now because I know you will be able to keep your pace going for the last 6 miles whereas I will struggle. So much for all the claims of not racing at the start.!

Don't really know what to do for the next 6 weeks, I'm definitely quicker than I was last year but still feel I am going to struggle to maintain my pace in that last 6 miles. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way of simulating that last 6 mile feeling in training without exhausting yourself for the next week.

• Options
    Well done to everyone yesterday! Some amazing performances.

TST--The top 20 finishers all got prizes and SARQ was actually the first V40 outside the top 20 and so picked up the prize.

Unfortunately there wasn't a prize for most indisciplined run! I was supposed to do Trimpell at my intended marathon pace of 6.50 and Jonah, Eric and SARQ said they were running at 6.45 pace so i thought ' that will do for me'. But we actually set off at 6.30 pace and the pace didn't dip at all. I kept telling myself that i should drop back or else i will blow up but i felt ok and at mile 15 i was even considering picking the pace up a bit. But at 16 my legs suddenly got very heavy and i told the other 3 that i was dropping back. At 17 i hit the wall! The last 3 miles were hell, i was absolutely drained, i started craving food, my hands and feet went numb and during the last mile i even thought about stopping and walking back. Maybe i need to go back to taking gels for races of that distance. I still finished 3 mins ahead of schedule but rather than a confidence boosting MP run it turned into confidence sapping 'i've set off too fast and blown up again' run. Never mind, i intend to do Wilmslow at MY MP with 5 miles at MY MP beforehand. So if you can all stay away from me at the start line then that would be much appreciated! image

• Options
    M6s--Whats the session for Tuesday and Thursday?
  • Options
    ES

thanks a lot for the lift.

UB

thanks a lot the the flapjack, I may put an order in for some to take to Paris, whatever you put in it, it works!

really enjoyed the race. Hope i will be wearing the Stockport Vest next time out!

Well done All.

• Options

JMC - as I said a few weeks ago, I look forward to passing you on The Mall. image

Running from work to the track tonight, 2 x 3000 and then running back to the car so a nice recovery 16 mile run!

Some bloody impressive times at Trafford yesterday.  Running Bob, who finished 1st at High Legh, finished 50th at Trafford.

• Options

GBM - I think the fact that you didn't take any energy on board for a 20 mile race probably explains why you were suffering over the last 4 miles. So to PB and post a time that's well under the bar for a sub-3 marathon should give you a major boost for Lochaber.

I used gels at 6 & 12 miles and still felt v. weary during the last mile or so. Although jmc will attest that I whinged and whined my arse off from 12 to 16 miles (sorry jmc).

• Options

UB - looking back on it I now realise you were just playing with me. You were pretending to be tired between miles 12 to 16 and therefore lulling me into a false sense of security for your killer injection of pace at mile 17.

I think my biggest mistake was to keep on thinking I didn't need a gel until it was too late. I ended up taking one at 17miles after I had started slowing. Won't be making the same mistake at London

• Options

JMC-I used 3 gels yesterday they certainly helped me.

Yesterday our first 3 miles were the slowest 6.39.6.38,6.38 so the intention was not to race it but the others dragged me along

GBM- I remember thinking "just let him go" around the 15 mile mark,I know you said gels give you stomach ache but try some different ones before your marathon.

• Options
    J8 - Our first 3 were 6:09, 6:09, 6:14. Myself, UB and PP kept on telling each other we were going to quick but neither of us could slow it down (PP speeded up). If only I had your wise old racing brain! image
  • Options

Jonah, Eric did quite a bit of the front running yesterday and he did say he likes to run from the front and was also shooting off the front from time to time and GBM and Eric opened up a small gap at 15 miles and I thought exactly the same, in that last mile or so he was either trying to drop us or I was really tiring (or both), so blame him for getting us a PB.

I seem to remember complaining a lot about the pace from about mile 1, but wasn't going to get dropped.

I think if we do yesterdays tactics at London it will be a huge mistake as there's no way I could sustain those extra 6 miles at that pace. 

• Options

Well done Trimpellers!

UB - sub 2:45 at London?

• Options

SARQ/Jonah - I was holding back a little yesterday, finished fresh and feel great today (hence why I'm doing 16 miles after work tonight).  I think you under estimate yourself SARQ.  Although, I thought you were going to collapse in that last mile with all the panting you were doing - that's why I was keeping the pace up, so I would be out of the way when you did collapse!  I certainly wasn't trying to drop either of you - I thought it would be good to go sub 2.10 so Jonah could get his PB and for us to go over the line together, which we did.  I hate not being in control and being able to dictate the pace hence why I really enjoy front running, as you correctly pointed out.

It would have been interesting to see how we would have faired individually doing the same pace - I for one could easily have slowed at about 17 miles if I hadn't been running with you both.  I did seem to get a second wind at 18 miles and could have gone on after 20.  We should run together at London but maybe start off slightly quicker (low 6.30s) but stay at the same pace for longer rather than pick up to the low to mid 6.20s at 13.  I'm going to aim to get to 20 at London in the same time (2.09) and then attempt to run the last 10k in 39 minutes to get me a sub 2.50 time.  If the wheels come off it should hopefully only be in the last 4 or 5 miles and so that will still give me a great chance of getting a low 2.50s time.

With a good taper and fresh legs we all stand a great chance of achieving our goals together!

• Options

NI - Touch and go at the moment.  Felt unusually weary over the last mile so if the FLM was any sooner I'd definitely say no. Although I'm hopeful of getting some good tempo and LT sessions in over the next 2 or 3 weeks to improve my speed endurance a little. I want to have enough in reserve at 20 miles to keep on the pace for the duration.

• Options
    ES - I wish I had your confidence.
  • Options
    jmc- sorry about speeding up! i haven't got a gps garmin so was relying on the mile markers and decided i felt OK so wanted to keep at 6.10 mm and see how i felt.

Apart from the turnaround bit up the road, where there was a bit of breeze and cars i felt really good for the most part, and the conditions and route were nigh on perfect.

Hope I can stay in shape for Paris. Like you, i am a bit worried about the last 6 miles, but then that is what sets it apart, hopefully the some crowd support and the adrenaline will see to the rest.

• Options

jmc - have you tried the 5k/marathon pace run. It's quite good for trying to improve your ability to maintain marathon pace when tired.

It's 25 laps of the track. Odd numbered laps are run at marathon pace, even numbered laps are run at 5K pace. The first few tries you have at it you may not complete all 25 laps in one go. If you drop off target pace take a jogged lap recovery and then continue from where you were up to. It's a very hard session, but very beneficial.

• Options
    Top tip How Far - will try that on Thursday
  • Options
    UB/Jonah8--I will buy some gels and try them when i do my 18 mile MP run at Wilmslow. If there are no adverse affects then i will use some at Lochaber. Another reason for blowing up yesterday maybe because i have come down with a cold today. Felt a bit snotty this morning and have gradually deteriorated during the day.
  • Options
    PS - don't tell, UB or Eric about this magic session
  • Options
    Well done Trimpell racers - very impressive times by everyone!!
  • Options

HowFar? - that sounds like a seriously tough session! Good luck with that one jmc!

• Options

GBM, you should have had plenty of Vit C after the race as you're immune system is drained, so stop making excuses, it was the lack of fuel that made you blow up, it really is that simple as you've got the miles in you and the pace.
    Couldn't run tonight far too stiff and top of right foot sore, otherwise feel pretty good.