Options

Tuesday session

2»

Comments

• Options
    KK - that's a mighty impressive work-out. BTW my race time predictor says you should be able to do a 1:20 1/2M as well on those interval times - perhaps you're quicker than you think! good luck with the race.
  • Options
    Pix, you probably just need a bit of time off, have you been training every day? We all go through times of feeling like that, a couple of days off and you will soon feel better and be raring to go again.
  • Options
    What: Not decided yet. Either a gym session, or a longish run.
    Why: Need to get another long run in for Loch Ness, but I don't want to do too much and spoil Glasgow on Sunday.

Hmm, bit of a dilemma. Is next week to close to Loch Ness (29/9) to do 20 miles?

And my grass needs cut (again). Bu88er it - the neighbours will just have to think I'm a lazy git.
  • Options
    Kim, don't feel demoralised. You ran a 5K race two days ago - that's over 3 miles. Did you imagine 6 weeks ago that you'd be able to do so much so soon? My guess is that you're just plain knackered and need a rest. That's nothing to be ashamed of. In six months, provided you don't overdo things and get injured, you will probably regard a steady 5K as an "easy day" run. You'll be well able to do a "half" in March, and you may well surprise yourself with your 10K time in 4 weeks!

Sometimes those leaden-legged days seem to strike at random, and the best thing you can do is cut the session short and try again the next day provided you feel OK then.

Nessie, are you sure your grass isn't being used as a pissing-place by the local bodybuilding community? Or is the local manure particularly effective? Be careful - I saw someone yesterday who had shin splints from mowing his lawn. I was so impressed at seeing an 85-year-old with shin splints that I almost forgot to give him any treatment.

Best wishes for Glasgow on Sunday. And yes, your last 20-miler should be under your belt by the end of this week. Maybe you could do two circuits of the Glasgow course :-)
  • Options
    Nessie,

Don't mow it! Running is much more important....my lawn is testimony to that!

RR
  • Options
    Thanks V-rap & RR, a run it is then.

2 laps of Glasgow would only be possible if I didn't have a 3.5 hour drive afterwards! I guess tonight is the long one then.........

I'm seriously considering a large consignment of green concrete to replace the lawn. Must be easier to keep!
  • Options
    We are seriously considering getting a couple of sheep for our garden next year. Cheaper than getting a gardener and will save tiresome ping pong slanging matches as to whose turn it is to cut the grass this time.

• Options
    Ah yes. But who gets to clean up the pongy poo??? ;-)
  • Options
    RB, you soft Southerner! Sheep poo isn't pongy. Herbivore droppings are supposed to contain exactly the right sorts of bacteria to help compost heaps to decompose into nice dark-brown granules instead of the smelly sludge that mine becomes.
  • Options
    Invest in a rabbit and 2 guinea pigs - Have only cut the grass once this year - just move them around the garden, making sure they don't miss any grass.... Luckily don;t have too much grass though - landscape gardeners took over earlier on in the year...
  • Options
    what: 4.1 miles (standard course for faster runs) at intended 6:10 or faster pace (- flew first 2 miles; blew up just after 3 (circa 5K mark); recovered to some extent to do 25:28 (actually just inside target pace). Not happy at the way it was accomplished though. Cr*p pace judgment again. Mean HR 162 - hard session

why: no idea. Felt I needed to do something a bit faster. Probably shouldn't have done it at all; felt bit jaded at outset and had had day of hassle (e.g. finding Switch card missing - frantic search, reported to bank - eventually they told me someone had handed it in and they were posting it out to me).

last hard day: Wed
    last hard(ish) day: Sun
    last rest day: Sat

• Options
    Another so so session.
    Yesterday did a long(ish) run of around 11 miles that should have been at easy pace (8min/miles) ended up being a bit quicker which may explain why I'm feeling shagged out today!
    What: 2*2miles at 10k pace (6m40) with 2min recovery, plus mile or so jog warm up/down
    Why:Last hard session before the GSR on Sunday
    Last hard session: today
    Last Rest : Sunday

Lose track of all the threads on here but agree with sentiments re slower runners/clubs attitudes and well done/good luck to all those who have raced/are racing
    (delete as appropriate)
  • Options
    What: 8.7 miles steady
    Why: my long run for the week
    Last Hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Yesterday
  • Options
    What: 12x400n, 200m rec
    Why: Sharpen for Great South.
    Really pleased with my session tonight. as I averaged 76sec & even managed a 73sec effort.
    Last hard: Today
    Last Rest: Fri
    Well done everybody on all their hard work today
  • Options
    Better late than never I guess :-)

What: 9 mile fartlek with club
    Why: It's a bread-and-butter session
    Last hard run: Today
    Last rest day: Monday

Tim, your 400's are blistering mate.
  • Options
    What: rest.

Why: intervals with trainer tomorrow, so marshalling resources.

Last hard run: Sunday

Last rest: Saturday

Wow, there are some real training animals on this thread, and impressive times and mileage. I'm sure the guinea pig is near a PB....

Dc
  • Options
    RR - I'm late joining this thread today but I agree with everyone else - your organiser is a prat and should be told so. Must clubs are not like that. We have an unspoken rule - noone is ever left behind. On group runs those who want to run faster double back evry half a mile or so - making a sort of quasi fartlek session.

What did I do today? Nothing
    Why: got back from school (what joy) and mowed the lawn. By the way guinea pigs are excellent for lawns, but they don't mix well with puppies, hence the mowing. Sheep poo doesn't stink, its quite innocuous, cow poo makes an excellent frisby once the crust has formed, and guinea pig poo looks like liquorice bombs (did I have a warped and misspent youth?)

While I was mowing, Mrs cunningly produced a plum crumble which I couldn't resist and so I carbo loaded instead of running.

Last rest day: yesterday

Why: fell race tomorrow.

Wow - have I got keyboard diarrhoea tonight! (returning us to an earlier theme)
  • Options
    Our club puts us into 3 groups for Tuesday track training. I have slowly graduated from the slow group (sorry 3 fastest group !), up the top of the 2nd group. Last night when we did 'fartlek' training, at the end of each effort the fastest had to jog back to wherever the slowest were. Very fair, and very enjoyable and sociable as a consequence.