Options

Fairlands Valley Challenge Multi-Terrain Marathon

2»

Comments

• Options
    In case anyone is getting worried, I have spoken to Roger this morning and the event is definitely going ahead as planned tomorrow. I would have cried if it was cancelled after losing Boddington today. Of course there will be some wet patches but we love all that don't we!
    Helegant - have a good one and we will say hello if we see you.
    Enjoy it everybody - it's a great event.
  • Options
    Hey, just wondered if folks could fill me in on a few questions here,

The the route a circuit? The website isn't clear and i'm not sure if I finish near where I park my car or i'll have to get a bus/taxi back

Entries on the day are still ok?

What the average time? I'm looking at around 5 hours? that won't be to unacceptable will it?

Finally, are my montails preferable to my nimbis for the surfaces?

Thanks every one.
  • Options
    Gobi, myself and Balham Bouncer will be there tomorrow. I'm wimping out and doing the 12-mile race, and Gobi and BB will be jogging the full 26 miles.

Planning on using it as a training run although unsure of footwear. Not very keen on my trail shoes, so will probably wear my road shoes as they're probably on their last run anyway.

Looking forward to seeing people tomorrow!
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    The route starts and ends at the Scout-hut at Shepall. I parked in the Scout-hut car park in 2003 - hoping to do the same tomorrow.
  • Options
    HelegantHelegant ✭✭✭
    I wnjoyed it, hope the rest of you did to. Nice to meet some of the above.
  • Options
    Excellent run in lovely weather - what an unexpected bonus. Great to see a lot of the familiar faces and meet some new ones (glad you enjoyed it Helegant).
    Didn't get lost, just confused in a couple of places. Luckily we ran with a nice man called David who knew which way to go.
    Took about 15 minutes longer than last year but just happy to do it.
    Well done to everyone.
  • Options
    Nice to meet Helegant yesterday. I really enjoyed the jog round the countryside yesterday and was very grateful to two guys I ran with from St. Albans and Fairlands Valley Spartans as I would have got so lost otherwise! Definitely not a course to race and I really enjoyed the day out.

Great organisation and loved the bread pudding and BBQ at the end!!
  • Options
    My feet are a little sore and the insides of my legs are aching but apart from that I feel great.
    Well done everyone,I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.It was nice to meet up with some of you again.
    The course was a bit tricky in places and if I had to run it on my own I would still be out there now!
    Thanks to all you navigators who helped me get round.
    Great organisation and such a friendly bunch of people.
    Nice one folks.
  • Options
    Well done everyone.
    Really enjoyed that.....and my knees are just about working again which is a bonus.
    Great to get the chance to chat to the other runners about their upcoming challenges.....good luck to the lady and her husband who are doing the half Mont Blanc in August and the two lads - one doing the Ridgeway in August and the other doing the Berlin Marathon - thanks for the navigational (and motivational!) help.

Looking forward to next year........
  • Options
    Does anyone know if/when the results will be available online? I did the 12 mile but wanted to see who was at the front in the marathon...!
  • Options
    Hi Rach, just checked last year's results and they are dated 1st August so I suspect a week or so until available. Must be a mammoth task getting all the info from the different start times and distances sorted out - let's hope someone is good with Excel!
  • Options
    Anyone heard about the results? I checked today on the club website and still nothing....