Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    Hull parkrun for me this morning - only the 2nd one, they started doing them last week.  Quite a few more runners turned up today and it was a lovely morning.  My unofficial time today was 22.24 so a good improvement on last weeks 22.43 (19 secs).  I was 2nd lady again today and once again beaten by a much younger runner so can't complain too much.  My son also ran again today and he beat me today so he will have had a big improvement from last week as I finished before him last week.  Not sure what time he did today as he never runs with a watch on.  Nice to meet up with the other runners in the cafe in the park for a chat after the race.
  • Options
    Went out today with seven miles in mind. Never run that far before and only been back into running for 10 weeks due to a back injury last May (doing wheelies on my son's bike...that's another story) I thought seven miles would be an achievment. Been doing six miles in my long runs and last Friday I did it in 57:49 so was quite happy, but today's run had to be longer.
    Anyway, got to six miles, then seven, and I still felt okay so I carried on. Got to nine and decided to go for 10 miles and I did it in 1:41:11. I ran out of drink and didn't have another gel so I had to stop, but 10 miles! Well I'm on the way to my half marathon distance for September's Bristol Half Marathon.
  • Options
    Great running PB image

I seem to have lost a bit of enthusiasm for running over the last week or so. I'm still running but finding it a slog and feel like I can't be arsed to be honest. Makes it all hard miles.

Speed work on Friday, I rested today. I wanted to get in a couple of qickish miles and keep a steady pace either side. The first one is always the hardest!

Friday's run:

1st mile 6 14
    2nd 6 41
    3rd 5 54
    4th 5 58
    5th 6 29

the final run in at 7 36 pace as a bit of a warm down

Overall average 6 26 pace

16 miles tomorrow and the '6 hills' run ............ oh deep joy!
  • Options
    Another 3 miler yesterday - a bit slower as I was a bit tired from bike riding the day before.  I've just started cycling and did a 17 miler. 
  • Options

JS7, maybe you are overtraining and just need to take a couple of days off and do something different like cross training perhaps.

I completed the White Horse HM this morning. It was a nice scenic route, fairly flat and great weather for running.  It wasn't chip-time and I didn't have my Garmin with me as I just wanted to have a run so will have to wait until results out before I know my time. 

• Options

12 miles for me today at 8:06 per mile. Lovely spring morning and perfect for running. It was my longest distance at a faster pace but it felt fine throughout. 42 miles this week which is a new record high image. I will probably aim for slightly less this week as I am running a 10K race next Sunday. Then I will have a lower mileage week as I taper for the Sheffield Half the week after.

• Options
    Hornsea 1/3 Marathon for me today.  I last did this race two years ago.  It was quite chilly at the start of the race but I knew it would soon warm up once we got running.  I struggled slightly today especially after yesterday's quick 5k.  I had also been 10 pin bowling on Friday and could feel a slight twinge on my inner thigh.  However with some great encouragement from a fellow parkrunner I managed to keep going and finished the race in 67mins and 36 secs.  I couldn't remember what time I had done two years ago so had to wait until I got back home to check so was very pleased when I realised that I had set a new PB today by 52 seconds!!image.  Will be resting for a couple of days now before I do any more running - 2 races in 2 days is hard going (at my age). 
  • Options
    Runnaholic, I have been thinking that myself but today I felt really confident running and enjoyed the run. I shall be taking a few days off this week (last week of half term) and then tapering the following week like JFP in readiness for the Sheffield Half image

Today's run 15.8 in an overall 7 58 pace ............. there were loads of hills today, 3 of which were bloody steep and one which is a very steady climb over a mile and a quarter.

I worked the hills and took it slow on the flat and downhills and maybe it's woken me up a little!

Good luck next weekend in the 10k JFP and see you in Sheffield image
  • Options

hard running today, had to go to an exhibition this morning so no time to run til this afternoon, by which time I'd stuffed myself silly with all the goodies being handed out from the stalls. had gut ache most of the way round so pleased to have just completed the run to be honest. shame as it was a nice day out there.

7.48m in 1.12

• Options
    Hanna, guilt runs are always the best image
  • Options
    Hi everyone,  I am running Brighton next Sunday and hoping on a sub 3.30,  I am comfortable with 8mins pace over distance and have run 20 miles in 2.32  so hoping that the last 6 miles wont take me 58mins .  I ran 5k yesterday in 20.03  and  13 miles today in 1hr38mins ... Hope everyone is enjoying training for their chosen races ///imageimage
  • Options
    Good running CC ... your time suggest you should have no problems. As long as you've put the training in and you're up for it on the day'

Good luck with that image
  • Options

Thanks Jon , I have followed the plan to the T ...

• Options

Mine was the Paddock Wood Half Marathon.
    Never done it before, but had done a few halves.  Wasn't expecting a particularly fast time as I did a 10K in Guernsey on Good Friday.  I set a PB in that one (59.11), breaking the PB I'd set for the distance 5 days earlier!

Lovely weather yesterday.  Just set off running and enjoyed it.  Realised as I went through 7 miles that there was the possibility of another PB, so kept going at the same pace.  It seemed to work!!  Went through 10 miles 15 minutes faster than I've ever run a 10 mile road race.  Pushed on for the finish from 2 miles out and although it felt quite hard I broke my half PB by over 10 minutes.  Now stands at 2.19!!

Weather was lovely, scenery fantastic, crowds superb, other runners very good, organisation very slick.  Seemed to be a perfect race!

Feeling very happy with setting 3 PBs in 14 days as I've been running for well over 10 years, only young (25) so hopefully more improvement left!  Sorry if I seem big headed, but just very happy with my running at the moment.  image

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    MLR ... 18.2 miles at 57% wHR. Slow and tough ... can't pretend I enjoyed it.image
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    22 miles yestaday non stop in 2h49
  • Options
    My first early morning run this morning, out of house at 6.15am! ...had to really talk myself into getting out of bed, Well worth it though, was a glorious morning. 6 miles in 55 mins. Back home, breakfast on table before boys woke up and the school run began. If I can convince myself every morning to get out there I think I'll be a happy camper. Nice to know it's done for the day! image
  • Options

Suerunner, well done on your achievements in such a short period of time (the 3 PBs I mean) - nobody will think you're big headed, anyone will be as chuffed as you if we broke 3 PBs in 2 weeks!

Rested yesterday and not done my run yet today - going out this afternoon for the hills since I'm on a day off.  Will report back later.

• Options

Hey guys

Last run yesterday afternoon

6.5miles in 1hr 10 1st 5miles were faster 50mins but struggled with major headwind on way back

training for half marathon in 3weeks

actually struggling should be a better word than training

• Options
    Its such a lovely day! Instead of doing hill reps today I did a 2-hour fartlek workout on the hills, going easy on the ups & downs and had short minute stride bursts on the not so hilly bits. Altogether 12.64miles. image Several people were about in the sunshine doing the hills; a couple of nordic walkers, 3 other joggers (one running with his dog) and a couple of walkers.
  • Options
    Well done all on your achievements, they make great reading image. I rested yesterday and went to the gym this morning. Did 5.5 miles on the treadmill with 3 intervals of 1 mile at 6:22. I am pleased as I felt comfortable despite not having run intervals as long as these before. 10 miles planned early tomorrow morning, hope the weather is fine.
  • Options

I accidentally ran roughly 10 miles instead of roughly 10 k. image

Took me an hour of head scratching to work out 0.8 on a car's mileometer doesn't equate to 800 meters.(I lived in france for 5 years, metric clock must've stuck with me).

Thought 1hr.40 was a bloody long time for 10k!

Anyway I've never ran that far before in my life, even when I was fit in my 20's. And for someone who's stopped (heavy) smoking 12 months ago and only started running 6 months ago, at 36, with zero base fitness, still 18lbs overweight: well it's a nice marker for me. If completely accidental!

• Options
    Well done Die_trying, at least you now know you can do it again. I was up at 5.20 this morning and after coffee and 2 jaffa cakes headed out at 5.40. After a brief taste of spring it was back to winter today image. The first few miles were into a stiff cold breeze and not much fun really. As I warmed up and got out of the wind I started to enjoy it more. My course was hilly and I took it easy into the hills following a hard session yesterday. I managed 10.25 miles in 1hr.25. and I can look forward to lower miles as I prepare for my 10K on Sunday.
  • Options

Hi all! just got back from a 5 mile tempo run, 28.45. think i maybe went a bit too hard given the forthcoming whitley 10k on sunday! think i'd better do a few easy runs thurs and fri and rest on sat. hoping for a sub 38 10k sunday but not that confident due to the undulating profile!! anyone else doing this race??

Cheers

Matt

• Options
    My last run....it was last night and I did my second run of over 30 mins with no walk breaks! It proves that Sunday's run was no fluke....I CAN NOW RUN OVER 30 MINS WITHOUT STOPPING! I'm pretty pleased with myself, actually. Here's my trumpet and I'm going to blow it! Only been running 2 months and it was hampered a couple of weeks back with a cold and chest infection so I'm chuffed! Did 32 minutes last night and it was only cut short by my flatmate pulling up in his car to tell me he forgot his keys and was locked out. So I called it a day and ran behind his car all the way home with my arms in the air. I feel worthy of this forum now.
  • Options
    Great running JBTW ........I'd have made your flat mate wait image

MH2 great running also. I suspect anyone that trains at sub 6 miles for 5 miles will be a fair bet for an under 38 10k image

A tea time tempo run for me today. I took my youngest lad swimming today followed by his first pub lunch so my run took a deserved back seat for a change image

12 miles tempo run with a 4 mile warm down. I didn't intend such a long warm down but I got caught up in the heat of the moment and the miles just disappeared.

12 miles at 6 29 pace though I lapped at 5 and 10 miles with the intention of a 10 mile negative split. I'd planned a 15 mile run with 3 sets of 5 miles 2 sets of which I intended to be quickish and the 3rd set around 9 minute miles.
    As it turned out I ran the 10 with the intended negative split then followed it with 2 more fairly quick miles and then took a different route home to make the 4 mile warm down.
    A lot slower tomorrow and Friday. Saturday off and then hills on Sunday.
    Then it's all tapered in ready for the Sheffield Half

Happy running all
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

MLR ... 7.1 mile at average of 65% working heart rate,  all of it below 70% ... fely okay despite Monday's "longest run ever" and the pace turned out as 8:24 min/mile which was good news at that HR.

• Options

I'm not sure I could run that far with hills, JFP. In fact i'm sure I couldn't, not yet anyway...

And well done JBT. Keep it steady now!

• Options
    This is the earliest this year I've been out running image- OK it was at 0700hrs, late for some (!). It was bright, dry (and chilly so it was jacket & gloves for me).  Just a gentle jog on the hills at an even pace ending with 4x100m-ish strides followed by stretching.  It felt great overall - logged 6.08miles in 1 hour.
  • Options

8k back on the chiswick towpath today....

I love the way the distance gets subjectively shorter the more often you do it